The corruption of management is ridiculous.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Why aren't you punching in and out on a timeclock? UPS has multiple variations, from traditional time clocks, to computers, etc.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Foolishly, I did not. Have been clocking in/out since though.

Sorry man, you gotta punch in and out. Now there is nothing you can do about it if they don't want to pay you. I think UPS has no obligation to provide anyone with their dangling carrot perks such as: tuition reimbursement, metrocard, etc. Only if its in your supplement.

fUps

No Points For Creativity
Payroll sucks, we've all been screwed over, you just have to keep track of your hours & report when they don't pay you asap. It's not discrimination, UPS loves minorities, hell they'll probably ask you to be a sup.

Mack Grant

I saw my time for the week and AGAIN, they did not pay me for Wednesday. I spoke to my PT Sup and fixed the problem quickly, although I still have to see if I get paid my 5 hours from last Friday that they didn't pay me. Why does management feel the need to not pay the part timers? I work hard and bust my ass for $8.50/hr, I do as I'm told without any problems, why must they take away time that I WORKED for? I'm not the only one in my PD that this has happened to. I don't want to think discrimination, but I sense a little of that.

I plan to stick around until I can become a package car driver, but knowing that I might not even be paid for a day of work makes me think otherwise. I shouldn't have to worry about not being paid for certain days, it shouldn't be an issue, but for UPS, it's a BIG one.

Besides my rant, I asked my PT Sup if I can sort for a bit to get that $1 raise, but I was declined. I know the sort/the whole belt already. I've BEEN knowing it. Is this something I can fight for? What reason does he have to deny me if I know it already? All in all, it's easy work, but it gets annoying/stressful when I have to worry about time that's not being paid.
There is a computer in mgmts office where all time cards are verified and approved. IF YOU are swiping in and out every day with your time card and still not being paid then someone is erasing your time by coding you as a layoff, simple as that. Better get the steward involved, and fast. Don't count on writing your time down or relying on some sup. Clock yourself in and out of work, and go to the office during the week and request to see a printout of your time.

Blackstream

Yeah, always clock if you can.

As a sidenote, I'm actually generally unable to clock out, because I usually go so late that I run into the next shift and the time clock tells me I'm 'too early' to clock out. So I text my time to a manager so that they put it in and I simultaneously have a record of my time out in case there's an issue. I also check the SOR every friday, and again on monday. On friday so I can catch most errors before the weekend, and monday to do a last minute check before everything is finalized in the system.

And anytime there's an issue with the time, I bug the living crap out of whoever's responsible until I'm paid. But that's super rare.

Butters243

Check your contract or ask a steward about a "Green Check". Ups has to issue one at your request within 24 hours. Any payroll error underpaid by a minimum of ....(not sure the amount).

Inthegame

This is only true if the error is not corrected in the following week's paycheck.
Not quite accurate. If the employee reports the shortage ($30 FT, $15PT) and requests correction, UPS must correct (issue some colored check) by the second workday following the report. Failing to do this triggers the penalty obligation.

codysho

It's funny (not really) how stupid management thinks we are by straight up lying to us all the time. And those stupid grade school safety quizzes all the damn time! C'mon man!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I don't see how you could stand being in supervision and looking in the mirror and all you see is a criminal, with all the lying, cheating and stealing. And to top it all off you are a sellout lol. Like being a police officer stopping someone or arresting someone for something you have done before or do now. Freakin hypocrites

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I couldn't be a center manager because I would beat the hell out of the district manager for wanting me to :censored2: my drivers. That aint happening because I aint no sellout. Real to the core, never faking the funk of who I really am and what I believe in. WORD lol.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't see how you could stand being in supervision and looking in the mirror and all you see is a criminal, with all the lying, cheating and stealing. And to top it all off you are a sellout lol. Like being a police officer stopping someone or arresting someone for something you have done before or do now. Freakin hypocrites
Better than being a driver!
Dinner with the wife at 6 pm a couple nights a week. :spaghetti:

Only PC they drive is a Personal Computer.:geek:

Play a round of golf in the afternoon once a week.:holein1:

But they do have to listen to the drivers. :not_fair: