The Cuts Are Coming

Sporhwhore

Lots of changes of operations, building closures and possible layoffs getting ready to happen in areas around the EZRPA megahub! The Carlisle mega hub is about to absorb a lot of feeder runs and even som package runs as well from what I’m hearing!

ManInBrown

I would say i average 1 misload a month now that isnt a bad pal/out of sync. When i used to probably average 35-40 a month. Id say thats a pretty big improvement.
Scanners came out to avoid misloads a year before I left for feeders. Would have 5-7 misloads per day prior, 1-2 per day after.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Scanners came out to avoid misloads a year before I left for feeders. Would have 5-7 misloads per day prior, 1-2 per day after.

Did they try to service all of those when you had so many? I’ll get one every few days now with the RFID but they just have us sheet them all missed lately

ManInBrown

Did they try to service all of those when you had so many? I’ll get one every few days now with the RFID but they just have us sheet them all missed lately
Varied by who my center manager was at the time. I had one that wanted every one delivered, didn’t matter how far away. I had days where I would have to break off at noon to deliver a business misload 30-45 minutes away. Cover all my pickups and have someone come take 30 from me at the end of the day. Didn’t care one bit. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Others directed to sheet as missed no issue.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Lots of changes of operations, building closures and possible layoffs getting ready to happen in areas around the EZRPA megahub! The Carlisle mega hub is about to absorb a lot of feeder runs and even som package runs as well from what I’m hearing!
Yeah I’ve seen the list of closures and moves. Def some feeder movement. Not sure about package. Be a bit too far for anymore package runs that it could possibly pick up.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We have a couple package car routes moving to a center further out. Nothing too crazy but it will be interesting to see the shuffle happen as a result.
IMO some of these decisions are based on perceived or "measured" favorable labor conditions rather than actual system engineering.

BeachBoy

get rid of all office chairs….implement standing desk, close off the hot water valves in bathroom, no more ac in office, save that for the drivers on road, take back credit cards, stop printing reports, No more pcm….so many ways to save a buck
We haven't had hot water in my hub for a year. 3 months after a building remodel, half the toilets, urinals and sinks no longer work.

anonymous23456

We haven't had hot water in my hub for a year. 3 months after a building remodel, half the toilets, urinals and sinks no longer work.
UPS saves money in order to report to Wall Street the figures.

could-the-decrease-in-volume-be-a-bellwether-warning-of-new-v0-r51un4edaykc1.jpeg

10:30 resi

Screenshot_20240226-181809~2.png

Have you filed a grievance? We had a urinal that was out of order and wrapped up with a trash bag for months. I started filing grievances about it every day. Eventually it went upstairs and they asked the center manager why he didn't put in a repair order to get it fixed? The center manager told labor he didn't know how. The urinal was replaced within a week.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
View attachment 472450
Have you filed a grievance? We had a urinal that was out of order and wrapped up with a trash bag for months. I started filing grievances about it every day. Eventually it went upstairs and they asked the center manager why he didn't put in a repair order to get it fixed? The center manager told labor he didn't know how. The urinal was replaced within a week.
I consider our center lucky. Our preload sup is an ex military no bull:censored2: guy. He files all the facility stuff, and if something is broken he fills that thing out every day until it's fixed. Honestly, a really great guy.