The Cuts Are Coming

worldwide

They seem to be cutting much more than what they NEED to do. Are they going to give separation benefits to our union brother and sisters who won’t be able to bump anyone else??? They are supposedly doing this for management. Really :censored2:ing sucks when some of this falls right in the lap of brown waiting so long to come through with the contract negotiations.
I seriously doubt UPS will pay anything to union employees - there's no obligation in the contract to do so why would they? Will the union give any special benefits to their brothers and sisters?

The pace of smaller buildings closing will increase (IMHO) as UPS moves more volume through automated hubs. This was going to happen eventually, but I think UPS has accelerated the timeline due to the economy as well as the cost of the most recent contract.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I seriously doubt UPS will pay anything to union employees - there's no obligation in the contract to do so why would they? Will the union give any special benefits to their brothers and sisters?

The pace of smaller buildings closing will increase (IMHO) as UPS moves more volume through automated hubs. This was going to happen eventually, but I think UPS has accelerated the timeline due to the economy as well as the cost of the most recent contract.
I take loads on occasion to a couple “automated” hubs. They still employ hundreds of workers and have had now hiring signs up since they opened. Will be interesting to see how many employees will be working here in 2028. I feel like they are playing 3 card Monty just to please wall st. But I guess we’ll see. I’ll be long done by then.

anonymous23456

It does not state what sorts in mesquite or west springfield are being cut?
Did you say Mesquite? From the internet:

"I work at Mesquite hub and was told by union steward yesterday that we will be moving to Dallas or Chalk Hill temporarily while they automate the hub. So this post isn't bs. He said it will likely happen as early as April or at latest June and it could be up to a year before they finish. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I have quite a bit of seniority with the company so I'm not so much worried about it but I'm sure this will eliminate some lower seniority jobs. Only time will tell. Praying for the best."

w3u6uqijfpic1.jpeg

robot

Has A Large Member
Wonder how true the rumor of the Mesquite building closing for a couple years is. That’s gonna really mess up a lot of people’s lives

Nearest hubs to relocate to are 30-45 minutes away with no traffic.
It does not state what sorts in mesquite or west springfield are being cut?
I think the rumor is the whole Mesquite building is shutting down to be renovated. And its employees being moved to other hubs

PoirotAtUPS

This a great example of how misunderstood what UPS is doing now by the news - the 12K is exclusively management, admin and contractors - these closings are on TOP of the 12K. I honestly think Carol plans to eliminate all management and have dispatch run by AI - I’m no fan of toxic sups or arrogant managers but this is heading to scary.

Whatthewhat

Did you say Mesquite? From the internet:

"I work at Mesquite hub and was told by union steward yesterday that we will be moving to Dallas or Chalk Hill temporarily while they automate the hub. So this post isn't bs. He said it will likely happen as early as April or at latest June and it could be up to a year before they finish. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I have quite a bit of seniority with the company so I'm not so much worried about it but I'm sure this will eliminate some lower seniority jobs. Only time will tell. Praying for the best."

w3u6uqijfpic1.jpeg
No way it’s back up in less the 2 yrs, that place has 40 yr old guts and is going for a full remodel. When it is back open it will operate with a quarter of the employees.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
In just my career

⬇️Fall 1997-spring 1998 ; job cuts due to strike, volume loss
⬆️1999-2000 ; driver hiring spree ; picked up volume, driver retirements after UPS going public
⬇️Fall 2001 through 2002 ; job cuts due to 9/11, EDD
⬆️2003 ; driver hiring spree due to recovered volume
⬇️2008 ; routes cut, housing crash, hiring freeze
⬆️2011 ; routes added, recession ended, volume returned
⬆️2020-22 ; Covid scare, economic freeze, volume exploded, mass hirings
⬇️Fall 2023 ; Teamster strike scare, volume loss and pushing work through automated hubs

giphy.gif

Family

Banned
I hope she’s ready to load trucks on preload! her gravy job is over

🧔‍♂️✊
Part time illegal labor workforce or automation. Automation would have a more consistent 20 year expectation. There isn't enough hard working 18 year old demographic to rely on.

Staydryitsraining

Mesquite hub is 3rd biggest in the country I believe. That is alot of work being moved somewhere else, alot of work. It will most certainly reopen needing less people. Just glancing it seems like majority of the lay offs are occurring in a day shift capacity.

Over70irregs

In just my career

⬇️Fall 1997-spring 1998 ; job cuts due to strike, volume loss
⬆️1999-2000 ; driver hiring spree ; picked up volume, driver retirements after UPS going public
⬇️Fall 2001 through 2002 ; job cuts due to 9/11, EDD
⬆️2003 ; driver hiring spree due to recovered volume
⬇️2008 ; routes cut, housing crash, hiring freeze
⬆️2011 ; routes added, recession ended, volume returned
⬆️2020-22 ; Covid scare, economic freeze, volume exploded, mass hirings
⬇️Fall 2023 ; Teamster strike scare, volume loss and pushing work through automated hubs

giphy.gif
Nice one

Cementups

Box Monkey
Mesquite hub is 3rd biggest in the country I believe. That is alot of work being moved somewhere else, alot of work. It will most certainly reopen needing less people. Just glancing it seems like majority of the lay offs are occurring in a day shift capacity.
I've been to Mesquite. It is nowhere near the 3rd largest in the country. Maybe at one time it was, but certainly not today. Unless you meant to leave out the word 3rd largest ($h1Th0le) in the country.