The Deadline

Zowert

Forgive me for being ignorant, but what happens tomorrow? The contract is officially ‘expired’ at midnight tonight, right..? So will we be working under a tentative agreement or... I don’t know what the hell is going on, I just keep to myself at my center. I don’t even know when the vote is.

BrownRecycler

Going to wait until 2nd week of August to see what my paystub will says. I was told mine will raise to $13 but am more of a verify first before trusting guy. I still touch based with the old seniors because I fear for their paygrade technicality in retrospect of the tentative agreement of eliminating the 2nd wage structure.

Bear in mind, I still haven't able to find my "Contract Impact Your Wage" within the Upsers. Stay tuned!

opey

Going to wait until 2nd week of August to see what my paystub will says. I was told mine will raise to $13 but am more of a verify first before trusting guy. I still touch based with the old seniors because I fear for their paygrade technicality in retrospect of the tentative agreement of eliminating the 2nd wage structure.

Bear in mind, I still haven't able to find my "Contract Impact Your Wage" within the Upsers. Stay tuned!
i dont think anyone will be seeing any raises in their check until the contract is ratified. then you would get retro pay for the difference back to august 1. so dont hold your breath looking for a raise any time soon

BrownRecycler

i dont think anyone will be seeing any raises in their check until the contract is ratified. then you would get retro pay for the difference back to august 1. so dont hold your breath looking for a raise any time soon

I am not looking forward but can't take everything at face value. Like I said, it isn't about holding breath but the technicality of the wage structure that would destroy the senior's income.

opey

I am not looking forward but can't take everything at face value. Like I said, it isn't about holding breath but the technicality of the wage structure that would destroy the senior's income.
the only wage structure for part timers in the new agreement is the min wage. so if you been there 2 years, or started today, you would be at $13... but thats once the contract is ratified. for now, you wont get a raise

Box Ox

they agreed to a 2 month extension. so we will be still working under the current agreement

Do you or anybody know how that affects folks who make their 30 and obtain seniority this month? Doesn't affect me. Just wondering for those who might be curious about whether they might be turned 22.4 retroactively, or squeaked through under the 8/'13-8-'18 Contract as RPCDs.

Zowert

Do you or anybody know how that affects folks who make their 30 and obtain seniority this month? Doesn't affect me. Just wondering for those who might be curious about whether they might be turned 22.4 retroactively, or squeaked through under the 8/'13-8-'18 Contract as RPCDs.

Interesting you bring this up, there is a new driver at my center who is day 30 tomorrow. He has asked Stu and even managers and no one seems to know squat.

MattM

Didn't everything run under the old contract until everything was squared away the last time around? I remember retro checks coming some 4-6 months after August '13.

Although I remember my insurance changing from ups to some other plan so we were enrolled and using that as of August 2013, which we technically shouldn't have been doing if the contract wasn't 100% signed and completed.

I'm guessing today will be just yesterday. Well just eventually get our August '18 raise sometime in 2019 lol.

Was there an extension the last time around? That didn't seem to help back then either. People waited months for their retro checks and then they messed those up too.

I ask about the extension Because the wording almost makes it seem like there would be no back pay if we're technically still on the 13-18 contract. I don't remember the extension talk the last time around. We did get back pay as of August 1st though.

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd

What bid did they sign?
They would be a full time package car driver . They can't go back and say they are going to make them 22.4 instead of a regular full time package car driver....well they can , but they would lose that fight.

cachmeifucan

I think they have to have 40 days in before August 1st

opey

i would think they would be under the old agreement, being that the seniority date is the day you start not the day you make book. i could be wrong though

Jackofnotrades

Jackofnotrades

Go to upsers.com and where they have the advertisements that pop up after you sign in it will have a individual impacted statement specifically for you.... You won't see the raise as of yet sense the contract is still open ended so when it is voted for a pass you will recieve retro from those days starting today

Zowert

What bid did they sign?
They would be a full time package car driver . They can't go back and say they are going to make them 22.4 instead of a regular full time package car driver....well they can , but they would lose that fight.

That’s good to know. I was hired at the beginning of March (this year) as a full time driver. I qualified by the first week of April. I’ve been kinda worried they might make me a 22.4 driver.. There’s a new guy at my center that is day 30 today, full time too, also worried about 22.4 bs.

I wonder when they’re going to start hiring new 22.4 drivers..? I’m sure most people (especially off the street) would be happy just to get a driving job with UPS. But when they figure out that they’re being paid less to basically do the same work as regulars they might be a little disappointed. Like, how could the union let this happen?!

Come load your own truck then run your route, oh and we will pay you less!