The Disease Called "Premature Helperism"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Premature Helperism strikes again in centers all across the states. Seems to only strike Management? Common signs are confusion along with no sense of reality as management cannot comprehend why having a helper before the route is dense never works? No matter how long you try to explain that the helper is sitting as you drive from area to area, all they will mutter is "but you have a helper"? Help fight this dreaded disease!

KOG72

I’m full of it
Premature Helperism strikes again in centers all across the states. Seems to only strike Management? Common signs are confusion along with no sense of reality as management cannot comprehend why having a helper before the route is dense never works? No matter how long you try to explain that the helper is sitting as you drive from area to area, all they will mutter is "but you have a helper"? Help fight this dreaded disease!
So it leads to blindness????

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No matter how long you try to explain that the helper is sitting as you drive from area to area, all they will mutter is "but you have a helper"? Help fight this dreaded disease!

They need you to build him up.... instead of just sitting.

nzljih.jpg

The Driver

I drive.
I think it's a matter of competition. FedEx is probably running helpers already, so we've got to. Gotta attract and retain the help through the season.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I think it's a matter of competition. FedEx is probably running helpers already, so we've got to. Gotta attract and retain the help through the season.
If that is the case, zip the mouth with number comments. Can't have it both ways.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What they ought to do...is just make it clear to everyone that our job at this point is to train the helpers and get them up to speed on the DIAD so that they will be ready to go when all hell breaks loose in a couple of weeks. Every helper gets 6-8 hours per day and we dont care how the numbers look on the report. I like sports analogies, and if peak was an NFL season then this week would be the preseason where we practice and try out new plays and iron out the bugs in the system without being worried about the final score of the game.

I was about 20-30 stops under dispatched yesterday, and I got a helper for a couple hours. We are told to work them every day so they won’t quit when we need them.

What they ought to do...is just make it clear to everyone that our job at this point is to train the helpers and get them up to speed on the DIAD so that they will be ready to go when all hell breaks loose in a couple of weeks. Every helper gets 6-8 hours per day and we dont care how the numbers look on the report. I like sports analogies, and if peak was an NFL season then this week would be the preseason where we practice and try out new plays and iron out the bugs in the system without being worried about the final score of the game.
We give them cellphones to use. I had a couple helpers quicker with the phones than I am with the diad.