THE DISHONEST DRIVER. We all have them.

upsgrunt

Scan the REAL label,hold down the shift key and scan every old bogus label and an asterisk will show beside it.
Back to the topic now:)
If you think you can steal from ups you deserve what you get.

I've never heard this. What does the asterisk show or mean on the delivery record?
I agree with the stealing part.
1. It's wrong
2. You will never get away with it
3. You can never steal enough to make up for what you will lose in earnings once you are canned.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
you can also prerecord NDA as long is its not "Signature Required" then do LC and deliver after 1030 and it wont show late.

If you sheet something as "LC", it's going to require a signature regardless if its a shipper release or adult 21. "LC" is essentially a form of indirect delivery, which always requires a signature.

Perhaps you can elaborate if I'm missing something here...

tracker2762

I've never heard this. What does the asterisk show or mean on the delivery record?
1. It's wrong
3. You can never steal enough to make up for what you will lose in earnings once you are canned.

If you scan a package while the shipper number is highlighted instead of from the remarks fields, you will see a asterisk to the left of the shipper number. You will have to void it and rescan both labels,

browniehound

I have a very simple way of looking at and justifying an extra stop. If I leave an info-notice at another location and deliver the parcel along with another to a different location, then its two stops. If I don't leave the info-notice because 146 Maple always expects me to leave their parcels at 148 Maple because they are never there, then its one stop. I use left at dup com.

You don't want to mess around with this stuff because it IS dishonest and they WILL can you in a NY minute. When I first started, the driver next to me explained that he felt guilty taking an extra LA COM stop even though his boss told him to. He said it was one stop and he only wants to take credit for one stop. I have heeded his advice for the last 12 years and now realize he was very wise even before telematics!lol

CharleyHustle

I don't want "credit" for anything. The more credit you take the more work you get. Almost every cover driver can't explain why they get 10 more stops than I do on my route. I tell them to stop taking "credit" for everything you can dream up.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
When you see blatant dishonesty or widespread violation of policies, it's likely that there's support from a higher level. Under the old regime, a blind eye was turned to anything that helped make a number look. Unfortunately, when the axe drops the crap flows downhill leaving the one on the bottom holding the bag.

To avoid being the one holding the bag, follow the rules regardless of what you see going on around you unless you have specific instructions to do otherwise.

All it takes is one of the wrong (or right) people seeing or catching you in violation to land you in hot water. The "well, everyone else does it" is a weak defense and the people above you are not going to admit they knowingly allowed it.

UPSGUY72

Same company, same address, DIFFERENT delivery points. The Walmart I deliver to has several business all with the same address. If the only inside stop I have is Subway, the dock receiver will sign for it. I see no padding to it as long as the OP is not making up the different delivery points.

I agree I'm taking credit for each stop if I'm required to go to a different delivery point. I don't pad stops either I have one business that shows up on the DIAD as 4 or 5 stops but I only take credit for one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree I'm taking credit for each stop if I'm required to go to a different delivery point. I don't pad stops either I have one business that shows up on the DIAD as 4 or 5 stops but I only take credit for one.

Your statement contradicts itself. Grunt said that if the only inside stop at WalMart is Subway than the receiver would sign for it (must be nice--I deliver to WalMart and "Fat Liz" would never do that). If he is doing that then the proper way would be to do "LC" for WalMart and "DC" for Subway, left at WalMart, which would give him credit for one stop. Now, if he delivers Subway inside, that would be an additional stop.

slantnosechevy

This topic and the examples of dishonesty that were overlooked by managers are the very reason that operation mngrs. had their wings clipped by IE. Many bldgs. were out of control when it came to these overlooked practices and with the company going through major growth periods the higher ups had to reel the company and their people in so to speak. Unfortunately, there will always be someone who thinks they can beat the system. They might for a while but once they draw attention to themselves for it or something completely different they usually get caught. It's like when the cops pull a guy over for a traffic offense and find the guy is wanted for a felony.UPS doesn't have the time to physically watch everyone everyday, but they have the electronics in place to raise red flags that will make them single in on you.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If there is more than one way to handle a delivery situation, I always choose the one that will give me the least amount of credit. If I'm really unsure I will call the center and get specific instructions.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
They have not bothered me about overallowed for about 10 years now,although I run over 150 every day.Everything I learned about properly sheeting dup stops,I learned here in the BC.If a business has 2 locations where everything gets delivered
to one address I hit dup for the 2nd one.If I find a missort and have to go back,I hit dup.
I get paid either way so why try to look better?
In my opinion the worst dishonest thing a driver can do is actually steal,and I have seen at least 5 people in my day walked out in handcuffs.
Awhile ago we had a center manager that was sending guys home for missed scans.I found out how to scan multiple labels on a box the right way and I'll share it here for when it happens to you.
Scan the REAL label,hold down the shift key and scan every old bogus label and an asterisk will show beside it.
Back to the topic now:)
If you think you can steal from ups you deserve what you get.
Great post, DS!

1. It's wrong
You can never steal enough, NUFF SAID!!!

If you sheet something as "LC", it's going to require a signature regardless if its a shipper release or adult 21. "LC" is essentially a form of indirect delivery, which always requires a signature.

Perhaps you can elaborate if I'm missing something here...
If you pre-record a NDA it will come up late if you stop complete after 10:30, unless you have it in signature mode.

I have a couple that show up twice in EDD and was told to sheet them as seperate stops.