The DRAsaster

thedownhillEXPRESS

If your station is running DRA, please post your experiences here.

How horrible is it.

Have you seen any benefits.

Has your management already figured out ways to cheat the system (entering in wrong sort down times on purpose etc.)

I have heard some stations just stopped using it and others of management falsifications and unbelievably stupid route structures .

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We haven't got that far yet.

They can't even get basic ROADS right. Our ROADS guy might as well get paid to sleep all day.

It's all a complete waste of time, money and my patience.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If your station is running DRA, please post your experiences here.

How horrible is it.

Have you seen any benefits.

Has your management already figured out ways to cheat the system (entering in wrong sort down times on purpose etc.)

I have heard some stations just stopped using it and others of management falsifications and unbelievably stupid route structures .

If management is actually falsifying, document it, and then save it for future use. Long before DRA, they have been cheating the system(s). There are various ways around all of the reports, and many managers take advantage of this knowing that it's highly unlikely they'll be caught. As far as Memphis know, there is 100% compliance on everything most of the time, when, in fact, true compliance is nowhere near the claimed levels. Maybe this is why Express is so "efficient", at least on paper.

I have pages of documentation on stuff like this. Faking sort down-times is rampant. You might want to take a picture of the "time" on the board or wherever they post it, and then write down what time it really went down.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If management is actually falsifying, document it, and then save it for future use. Long before DRA, they have been cheating the system(s). There are various ways around all of the reports, and many managers take advantage of this knowing that it's highly unlikely they'll be caught. As far as Memphis know, there is 100% compliance on everything most of the time, when, in fact, true compliance is nowhere near the claimed levels. Maybe this is why Express is so "efficient", at least on paper.

I have pages of documentation on stuff like this. Faking sort down-times is rampant. You might want to take a picture of the "time" on the board or wherever they post it, and then write down what time it really went down.

Management.

The kings of falsification.

SmithBarney

Anyone notice on the ROADS scan device that they no longer say "scan employee ID" now they say "scan FID" writing on the wall? getting rid of employees? contractors? start the rumor mill ;)

northbound

Anyone notice on the ROADS scan device that they no longer say "scan employee ID" now they say "scan FID" writing on the wall? getting rid of employees? contractors? start the rumor mill ;)

Rumor has it around here is there is a contractor running for Express as a trial run for 6 months. Of course the agreements signed and moneys its all lock tight. Sounds likely to me though.......

bbsam

Staff member
I have an FID (Fedex ID). I am a contractor. Hmmmmm.

Maui

DRA has its good and bad side. At our station the stem times were so messed up that even if you eft when DRA proposed you would have lates so the sort was always planned to end later. You will not see this because it is entered in ROADS as planned sort down. This plans how much time the system thinks you have to deliver and then uses an algorithm to max out your cycle(s) and gets the maps ready to print.

The good part is that you know your stops before the sort even starts. Someone new gets a big head start by having the stops listed, mapped, and routed. Sometimes the routing is good and sometimes it is really stupid. The system has no idea if there are any events going on to effect traffic and it doesn't seem to know about construction either. It's nice even for a seasoned driver to get the stops and maps if you are in a new area. It does NOT take into account route knowledge. Unless extra breaks are put in, then a new driver on a route will definitely have late.

The new scanners are much better. I don't think it means anything that it know uses FID other than its fewer characters.

Nolimitz

I have a really odd "shaped" rte in a goegraphical sense with many man made barriers like irrg canals, a major highway, golf course and broken streets. DRA uses the "as the crow flies" method of mapping. If I followed the stop order and mapping, I would never get to my pup rte w a lunch included. It also wants to do both sides of major roads and not even in order. mine has had me do **** like 110, 215, 95, 312, 244 all on Elm St. Before I leave station I look at P1 cycle map. If it reasonable I will do that way if not I mentally reconfigure. P2 cycle is a total cluster for me and I have not followed trace since day one. My mgr seeems to be ok with it and I have have have several CYA talks w him with others listening near by. His response is "if you can do it more efficiently go for it"

Others in the station without pup routes are following DRA to the letter casues it give them OT everyday....

bbsam

Staff member
Sam,
Please tell us all what exactly it says on your "ID".
I already know what it says. This should be a good laugh.
Ummm. I wish I could. I haven't known where it is for months. I always just type my ID number in the keypad to go through the security gate.