The Economy is booming, Unemployment is almost at record lows.......

Smashmouth

And you are told to drop them off with a cart load of packages to go deliver by themselves.

What could go wrong?

Hell, down here, they drop PODS in all the golf course communities and then we drop the packages for that community in the POD each day, and some guy they're paying helper wage comes and delivers the packages out of a flat bed golf cart and a pull behind trailer.

542thruNthru

All the good helpers we get leave in a week. UPS demands we only get them a couple hours for the first 2 weeks and they just quit. They spend more on gas driving to me.

rickyb

So what kind of people will be applying for Helper Positions this peak? I'm thinking it will be a disaster .Who wants to work in the cold,the rain,the snow for peanuts?? I remember back in the day we'd get College Kids home on Christmas Break that wanted extra money but those days are LONG GONE and they ain't coming back.We live in Interesting Times
the economy is not booming.

i see alot of hiring signs too but its always for :censored2: jobs...like helper Lol

542thruNthru

I've never once kept a helper for under 4 hours. Most I kee until I'm done.

First week they always try and make us cut them after 2 hours. Usually I'll keep them longer but most of the drivers cut them loose. They are afraid of a talking to. After the first week I keep them till my route is done. Don't care what my helper time card says.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
First week they always try and make us cut them after 2 hours. Usually I'll keep them longer but most of the drivers cut them loose. They are afraid of a talking to. After the first week I keep them till my route is done. Don't care what my helper time card says.
Oh yeah I've got some stupid sheets before like 1.3 hours. If management ever decides to say something to me I'll just ask what they want me to do with the missed businesses. Unload them or leave them for the next day. Lol

Heavy Package

So what kind of people will be applying for Helper Positions this peak? I'm thinking it will be a disaster .Who wants to work in the cold,the rain,the snow for peanuts??

My Sup said to pick up any homeless people starting November 26th, throw them in the car like an irreg, and bring them back to the hub to work the sort.

Homeless-guy.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"You can keep your helper for 1.28 hours today, but no more!"
And this is the #1 reason why we cannot retain helpers. Arbitrary limits on helper time and worrying about silly metrics causes them to quit. If they have a car, 2.99 hours of pay isnt worth the gas money. If they ride the bus, it isnt worth the extra time and bus fare. If you want to keep qualified helpers, treat them with respect and let them work.

PT Car Washer

And this is the #1 reason why we cannot retain helpers. Arbitrary limits on helper time and worrying about silly metrics causes them to quit. If they have a car, 2.99 hours of pay isnt worth the gas money. If they ride the bus, it isnt worth the extra time and bus fare. If you want to keep qualified helpers, treat them with respect and let them work.
And buy them lunch. Maybe supper too if you are out that late.

Non sequitur

This is where management really gets to have fun with their drivers. a friend of mine no kidding had a 55 year old guy with a
wooden leg as a helper. Driver just drove him around didn't have the heart to have him jump out of truck and deliver anything.

rickyb

workers do bring their dogs with them at some cooperatives

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
:wheelchai
This is where management really gets to have fun with their drivers. a friend of mine no kidding had a 55 year old guy with a
wooden leg as a helper. Driver just drove him around didn't have the heart to have him jump out of truck and deliver anything.

I bet he showed up to work on time and ready..:wheelchai

summersaltstains

Hell, down here, they drop PODS in all the golf course communities and then we drop the packages for that community in the POD each day, and some guy they're paying helper wage comes and delivers the packages out of a flat bed golf cart and a pull behind trailer.
My golf cart helpers were a series of disasters until about a week before christmas when I finally got a college kid that gave a :censored2:. It was great wrapping up at 9 pm then being told I had to go run 40 plus stops off the golf cart route because someone didn't show up and they didn't have a replacement.