The everything fishing thread

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I think it’s awesome how you can watch your drop shot on your sonar. Can do it with a big enough crappie jig too. When a fish hits it you can see a flash on the sonar. It’s not real time but there’s a delay. It’s cool

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I used to go almost everyday. Been promising myself to get up the Delaware past the gap and do a weekend.

I used to fly fish all the time. Tied my own flies, built my own rods and even carved some plugs and built some spinners.

Then I guess I just lost interest. I would like to just do some simple bank fishing one of these days.

Edit: And I ice fished all winter. Pick a sunny day with no wind, and the temperature doesn't matter.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I used to fly fish all the time. Tied my own flies, built my own rods and even carved some plugs and built some spinners.

Then I guess I just lost interest. I would like to just do some simple bank fishing one of these days.

They used to make those rod kits for bass fishing too. I’m sure they still do but I never got one. It was pretty much a G Loomis for cheaper because it didn’t have their name.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They used to make those rod kits for bass fishing too. I’m sure they still do but I never got one. It was pretty much a G Loomis for cheaper because it didn’t have their name.

I had suppliers for just about any rod blank you wanted. Grips, reel seats and guides, too.

I still have a short lightweight Ugly Stik sping rod I built.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sounds killer for bluegill. That’s what I’m excited for more than anything. Found a nice spot I’m gonna try this year. Clear water, hard bottom, and a ton of bluegill and redear beds.
I got more :censored2:in bluegill than I know what to do with. Bet I’ve thrown out almost 1000 the last 2 years.