The Forecast Bulk Sheet Reads Like A Penthouse "I Can't Believe This Happened To Me" Letter

Overpaid Union Thug

Fair enough. I’m sure there are plenty of preloaders that don’t care, and plenty of drivers that don’t throw a tantrum over one package being out of order.

Bottom line is preload sups suck at training for the most part, and upper management pushes them to push us to load as quickly as possible regardless of what that does to load quality.

Idc what they say my belt sup knows if it’s stack out or load like trash I’m gonna stack every time to avoid the “just throw it in there” they like to yell out come 7:30-8am.

That said I have 3 trucks and clean them up/ ensure numerical order in a 1st -3rd place ranking based on the drivers. The guy that helped me learn better ways to load is ready to roll first, while the guy that comes in daily whining no matter how’s it’s loaded gets whatever time I’ve got left lol. *shrugs*
I’ve never bitched at a preloader. No matter how much they’ve deserved it. Most don’t. I’m actually the guy that comes in and grabs the DIAD/log and places both, along with my backpack, in the seat of my truck, and goes and chills for the 10/15 minutes until PCM.

I don’t look at the DIAD or inside of the truck until after the PCM. Once I do if I see a bunch of friend*ed up package placement I calmly start unloading it and then reload it. It’s just easier then and there than struggling in the heat later. And it’s usually as simple as pulling just a couple of big boxes down off the shelf and then snaking the load into the space they occupied. If it’s more seriously that’s when I’ll unload things. I rarely see my preloader. Maybe once a week.

Jstpeachy

I’ve never bitched at a preloader. No matter how much they’ve deserved it. Most don’t. I’m actually the guy that comes in and grabs the DIAD/log and places both, along with my backpack, in the seat of my truck, and goes and chills for the 10/15 minutes until PCM.

Mine come in and scope it out before I get cut most days. I’ve seen plenty of loaders that just don’t care, but mostly responded because there’s so many “preloaders are trash” generalizations. It’s much easier to walk in post-sort once you see everything that’s in/going in the truck I feel like so I get the “why didn’t you put this xyz” and whatnot but all we know is 25 pcs on the 4000 shelf. Maybe it’s envelopes or bath and body works smalls, maybe it’s stupid Uline, copy paper or dog food lol.

UPSER1987

Also... beginning to wonder if all these drivers complaining about preloaders think there’s some extensive training that happens lol. At best you are handed a scanner- not taught how to even log in to it, given 3 trucks and if you’re lucky they write the shelf numbers on in sharpie before they walk off watching the train wreck begin. Half of each batch of new hires walk out week 1 due to no training and being overwhelmed followed by some a hole driver walking in yelling about load quality.

In a 140 pc resi route maybe it’s super simple because you have minimal if any bulk stops and half is mailers/envelopes- but if you want a decent load on a route with a lot of businesses/ dr offices etc/pcs throwing a few bulk/heavy/early addresses with where you prefer them, loading tips and not being a :censored2: canoe goes a long way.

Most drivers couldn’t produce a decent load if their lives depended on it. I just ignore the crybabies

Overpaid Union Thug

Most drivers couldn’t produce a decent load if their lives depended on it. I just ignore the crybabies
Well, I remember plenty of the loads that some of our drivers that are former preloaders produced and they were quite awful. LOL. But after a driver has been doing this job a while I think most would be able to make some good loads. Actually, all of our drivers that are working preload now and actually loading trucks are doing a damn good job. And not just on their own trucks. Hell, they don’t always get to load their own trucks anyway.

Jstpeachy

The one driver that always complains to me was a trash loader according to other drivers and sups lol. I just ask him what he’s crying about today and if he would rather load it himself and he shuts up lol. Usually his issue is actually a dispatch issue not a load issue. If they blow out your stop count- me not leaving space in fdr for you to sort air all pretty isn’t always my fault lol.

I make the best of the pkgs I’m given, and try to load the most sensible way. But sometimes there’s only so much we can do when your board is blasted full ya know

KingofFluff

The one driver that always complains to me was a trash loader according to other drivers and sups lol. I just ask him what he’s crying about today and if he would rather load it himself and he shuts up lol. Usually his issue is actually a dispatch issue not a load issue. If they blow out your stop count- me not leaving space in fdr for you to sort air all pretty isn’t always my fault lol.

I make the best of the pkgs I’m given, and try to load the most sensible way. But sometimes there’s only so much we can do when your board is blasted full ya know
No. No I don't.

DO BETTER!!!!

BiggieBrown

If someone needs a chart to tell them not to put a 60lb bag of food on the top shelf, or to be verbally instructed not to, then they are seriously lacking in the common sense department. But that is likely a “symptom” of having their hands held for so long.

Dude you must have the most cupcake route that exists in the whole company, I've never seen anyone whine this hard.
60 lbs is :censored2:ing nothing.
Since you seem so concerned about preload I will tell you exactly what your preloader is thinking when he puts stuff like that on the top shelf -

He doesn't want to put the dog food in RDR because 2 hours later when a 140 lb generator is coming down the belt with his name on it, he's going to have the move the dog food again.
Some of us are loading thousands of packages every morning while you are still in bed. I'm not moving the same package more than once. If I put something on the truck, it's staying where I put it. And that often means I'm keeping RDR and RDL empty for those special little "surprises" that always seem to roll down the belt at 9:15.

Overpaid Union Thug

Dude you must have the most cupcake route that exists in the whole company, I've never seen anyone whine this hard.
Since you seem so concerned about preload I will tell you exactly what your preloader is thinking when he puts stuff like that on the top shelf -

He doesn't want to put the dog food in RDR because 2 hours later when a 140 lb generator is coming down the belt with his name on it, he's going to have the move the dog food again.
Some of us are loading thousands of packages every morning while you are still in bed. I'm not moving the same package more than once. If I put something on the truck, it's staying where I put it. And that often means I'm keeping RDR and RDL empty for those special little "surprises" that always seem to roll down the belt at 9:15.

You aren’t too bright are you? A generator is typically one heavy box and often weighs less than the total weight of the items (not just the dog food) I’ve mentioned. Not to mention is a rare item whereas the others are not.

4evapreloader

If someone needs a chart to tell them not to put a 60lb bag of food on the top shelf, or to be verbally instructed not to, then they are seriously lacking in the common sense department. But that is likely a “symptom” of having their hands held for so long.
The 60 pound box of dog food or cat litter is probably about 6 inches wide. It goes on the shelf unless there are multiple boxes of the same.

Overpaid Union Thug

The 60 pound box of dog food or cat litter is probably about 6 inches wide. It goes on the shelf unless there are multiple boxes of the same.
One box or twenty. It’s a dangerous move to put something that heavy on the shelf when there is an entire floor available. Unless your goal is for you and the driver to tear your backs/shoulders out.

UPSER1987

We all know this kind of driver. The know it all that whines in the morning about his load, has the least amount of work in the loop and still needs helps, and sits it the office after work and whines about it another hour. Rinse and repeat- the little boy that cried wolf. His preloader probably screws him on purpose.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We all know this kind of driver. The know it all that whines in the morning about his load, has the least amount of work in the loop and still needs helps, and sits it the office after work and whines about it another hour. Rinse and repeat- the little boy that cried wolf. His preloader probably screws him on purpose.
If that person actually existed, I would have taken great pleasure in screwing up his load.

Jstpeachy

I’ve got one driver that fills in on the route of my fave driver every time they pull him to a different route. If I load anything over 70lbs she complains and first thing out of her mouth is idk why you put that on here I’m not taking that. Blah blah. Lol if it scans to your truck it’s going on. That’s a dispatch/driver sup issue not a preload issue.

As far as 60lbs on shelf we were told nothing over 30 lbs on top shelf, nothing over 40 on second shelf... that said paper reams occasionally hit the 6000 shelf if space on floor is needed.

All in all though if you come in rude af with complaints daily to your loader odds are they intentionally stop worrying about your load quality. An ounce of understanding that we have more to do than just your truck goes a long way.

If you preload, try to remember your load directly impacts the driver’s day. We should all strive to respect each other’s job, and do the best we can with the time/load we are given.

Overpaid Union Thug

I whine to no one. If the load is jacked I calmly unload and reload the packages into my truck and laugh about how much extra money UPS is paying me instead of just having a preloader do it right the first time for a fraction of the price. And if its real bad to where I can't fix anything before leaving I just laugh the same way out on the route. Throughout the day, as other drivers and I call and text each other to joke about just how sorry some of these loads are, we might fume and rant for a few seconds about the heavy stuff (including dog food) on the shelves. We might even discuss how it's amazing that someone could be stupid and/or mentally lazy enough to think that it was a good idea to place a grill on a shelf early in their shift (yes, that's happened) and then wonder why they didn't have enough room and struggle to stack the rest on the floor. LOL!

I don't need help from other drivers because I follow the methods as much as possible and am consistent in my ways. That means I don't "lay down" to prove a point or "kill it" to get off early. I am a very easy driver to dispatch and not only do I not have the lowest stop count in my loop...I have one of the highest. Buts that irrelevant because not all routes are the same. But you apparently don't get that so I digress. I doubt my preloaders are doing anything like that on purpose. Its rare that I see or talk to them and they quit or get moved just about the time they start becoming good loaders. I'm chill as can be when I do get the chance to show them tips. But for some reason many here lately just don't get or or just don't care.

I also don't come in early nor stay late and hang around after I clock out. I'm over UPS before I can even make it to the employee parking lot.

I’ve got one driver that fills in on the route of my fave driver every time they pull him to a different route. If I load anything over 70lbs she complains and first thing out of her mouth is idk why you put that on here I’m not taking that. Blah blah. Lol if it scans to your truck it’s going on. That’s a dispatch/driver sup issue not a preload issue.

As far as 60lbs on shelf we were told nothing over 30 lbs on top shelf, nothing over 40 on second shelf... that said paper reams occasionally hit the 6000 shelf if space on floor is needed.

All in all though if you come in rude af with complaints daily to your loader odds are they intentionally stop worrying about your load quality. An ounce of understanding that we have more to do than just your truck goes a long way.

If you preload, try to remember your load directly impacts the driver’s day. We should all strive to respect each other’s job, and do the best we can with the time/load we are given.

Agreed.