The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

over9five

Staff member
🤡

Does anyone remember old “Scb” from T-net.. he was a real character ?
PS, he was here too for a while (grin)

1658945738785.png

rod

Retired 22 years
Uh-huh. You guys are always hyping the doom and gloom. "Don't strike! The company will bust the union!" Of course, the pensions will be in trouble if that happens, won't they?
Most of them are already in trouble. A 2 or 3 week strike wouldn’t affect retired people either way.

rod

Retired 22 years
Not initially......

Most of your life has been lived.

Some of us have to look a little farther down the road. Taking in a "bigger" picture....
Another Yes vote. You guys are going to take it in the shorts this next contract. The company is laughing at you- they have already won.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Most of them are already in trouble. A 2 or 3 week strike wouldn’t affect retired people either way.

If it doesn't turn into a lock out. But the pensions getting bailed out puts us in a better position, so we should be able to get a good contract without having to strike.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The bailout will have zero effect on contract negotiations for current employees who had yet to see their pensions cut.

Ok. So you don't understand. With failing pensions, the Teamsters were in a weak position coming in to negotiations. If the pensions fail, Teamsters will lose members, which would shrink the union in size and power. UPS is probably the one company in a position to keep the pensions afloat. The unspoken understanding being that the union doesn't fight the company too hard on anything they want, and UPS doesn't fight pension issues. With the pensions being stabilized by the bailouts, that weakness is now gone, putting the Teamsters back on equal footing with UPS. Add to that the issues with turnover, and we are in a good position to negotiate with strength.

rod

Retired 22 years
You know anyone that's retired?

Just asking.
Just about EVERYONE I know is retired. I would venture to say if the Pension dried up we all would survive. Its called GOOD retirement financial planning. I've discussed it with my financial adviser and he says we would be just fine without the pension check.

It will be fine

Just about EVERYONE I know is retired. I would venture to say if the Pension dried up we all would survive. Its called GOOD retirement financial planning. I've discussed it with my financial adviser and he says we would be just fine without the pension check.
I’m sure you’re better off with it though.

The bailout will have zero effect on contract negotiations for current employees who had yet to see their pensions cut.
As usual you're very wrong again.
All about left UPS with lots of free cash but since you not work here anymore your opinion means nothing to anyone else on here. So please set me straight the retired people's not post on her anymore?

I value everyone's opinion even if I disagree with it.

I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Do you think somebody has been on there for decades and berated every retired person tell myself post office then they magically leave and come back and act like they can post again?

I really want to hear your answer on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.