The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridays

Just about EVERYONE I know is retired. I would venture to say if the Pension dried up we all would survive. Its called GOOD retirement financial planning. I've discussed it with my financial adviser and he says we would be just fine without the pension check.
The question was rhetorical.

Do you like beer?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Say, why "are most of them in trouble already"?

We're still paying the consequences of 1997.....

Have you ever studied how well the Western’s pension fund has done since 1997?

1997...100 dollars per service year.

2022...close to 300 dollars per service year.

The “consequences” as you call it would of been a lot worst if the Company got total control of all our pension trusts. If you have any doubts about that claim just go ask a part timer under the Central and Southern.

Where you around in 1997?...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The “consequences” as you call it would of been a lot worst if the Company got total control of all our pension trusts. If you have any doubts about that claim just go ask a part timer under the Central and Southern.

How does their Peer program play in to that, if at all?

DELACROIX

How does their Peer program play in to that, if at all?

Not an expert on that...stuck in the Central.

I believe they have a Peer 80 for the full timers and a separate formula for all their part time service. Then great thing about their pension plan is that it combines all their service (part time and full time) when it is time to retire.

Anybody under the West can correct me..but I believe that the part timers with the required time in will be collecting at a rate of 200 dollars per service year, full timers will be around 300 a service year. That formula is the accrual rate currently and can not be taken away, it is a great pension fund and is being fueled by Article 34 master..roughly being contributed by the employers at a rate of 500 dollars a week (full time).

:thumbsup:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not an expert on that...stuck in the Central.

I believe they have a Peer 80 for the full timers and a separate formula for all their part time service. Then great thing about their pension plan is that it combines all their service (part time and full time) when it is time to retire.

Anybody under the West can correct me..but I believe that the part timers with the required time in will be collecting at a rate of 200 dollars per service year, full timers will be around 300 a service year. That formula is the accrual rate currently and can not be taken away, it is a great pension fund and is being fueled by Article 34 master..roughly paying about 500 dollars a week (full time).
From what I have been told they have several Peer options from 80 up to I think 84 where the hourlies have money taken from their check to put toward their pension. They can then retire when their age and years of service match their Peer option.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
From what I have been told they have several Peer options from 80 up to I think 84 where the hourlies have money taken from their check to put toward their pension. They can then retire when their age and years of service match their Peer option.

PEER 80 is for full time, PEER 84 is part time. If you go from pt to ft, the years you worked 500 hrs or more convert to the PEER 80. If you can choose to add more to your pension, I am not aware of that option.

But, since we are talking about the western... besides a strong pension, what else does the western have that the rest of the country is envious of? That's right, a strong supplemental contract.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, PEER 80 is for full time, PEER 84 is part time. If you go from pt to ft, the years you worked 500 hrs or more convert to the PEER 80. If you can choose to add more to your pension, I am not aware of that option.

But, since we are talking about the western... besides a strong pension, what else does the western have that the rest of the country is envious of? That's right, a strong supplemental contract.
Thanks for the clarification. Any idea how much per check is withheld?

DELACROIX

Thanks for the clarification. Any idea how much per check is withheld?

The members do not have to pay anything, the weekly contributions are contractual per Article 34 (Master), same as in our Health and Welfare coverages.

Another great about the Peer 80/84 plans is that you can start collecting at age 65 and still work, so you can triple dip SS, Pension and your weekly pay check. Most other pension plans you have to wait till age 70 1/2 to collect while being active...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The members do not have to pay anything, the weekly contributions are contractual per Article 34 (Master), same as in our Health and Welfare coverages.

Another great about the Peer 80/84 plans is that you can start collecting at age 65 and still work, so you can triple dip SS, Pension and your weekly pay check. Most other pension plans you have to wait till age 70 1/2 to collect while being active...

And while double dipping you still accumulate pension benefits, so your pension payment continues to increase every year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As @DELACROIX said, it's not exactly a withholding, but I think UPS pays something like $9/hr for the first 2080 hrs/yr worked for full timers. I'm not sure how much for part timers.
I always thought Peer 80 and 84 were an option in addition to the "regular" pension and that those who chose to participate had a little bit withheld each week in order to participate.

qdg2

Ok.....

I've seen how the teamsters "managed" Central States.....

Now back to reality.

I hope not......that what's happening with all of California(the west basically) doesn't happen to you steppers!

Rainbows and 'Corns 4 ever....eh?

I mean universal basic income for all......eh?

Based on your reasoning....hell let's force UPS out of business....it'll get even better!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Ok.....

Now back to reality.

I hope not......that what's happening with all of California(the west basically) doesn't happen to you steppers!

Based on your reasoning....hell let's force UPS out of business....it'll get even better!
1A51EFEB-366B-48B6-B99B-DC610602597D.gif

DELACROIX

Ok.....

Now back to reality.

“Wat’s you talking about?”...eh? 😜

(better not bigger)...🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.