The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod

Retired 22 years
The members do not have to pay anything, the weekly contributions are contractual per Article 34 (Master), same as in our Health and Welfare coverages.

Another great about the Peer 80/84 plans is that you can start collecting at age 65 and still work, so you can triple dip SS, Pension and your weekly pay check. Most other pension plans you have to wait till age 70 1/2 to collect while being active...
Are you FFFFF'en NUTS. Why would you want to work UPS when you are 65?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok.....

I've seen how the teamsters "managed" Central States.....

Now back to reality.

I hope not......that what's happening with all of California(the west basically) doesn't happen to you steppers!

Rainbows and 'Corns 4 ever....eh?

I mean universal basic income for all......eh?

Based on your reasoning....hell let's force UPS out of business....it'll get even better!
0B0C6ECD-0710-4B99-BD76-D3F6E8ED27A2.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
If you don’t know what you’re talking about why not keep quiet so you don’t look like a complete idiot
Is this your first time dealing with the resident Brown Cafe Know it All? You better get used to it as he has made ANOTHER return after giving his final farewell speech a few years ago.

clean hairy

Is this your first time dealing with the resident Brown Cafe Know it All? You better get used to it as he has made ANOTHER return after giving his final farewell speech a few years ago.
AND he promised to NEVER post on here after after retiring!
Appears to be a case of a promise is easy to make, and easier to break!
Perhaps a person could find where he made that promise?

542thruNthru

From what I have been told they have several Peer options from 80 up to I think 84 where the hourlies have money taken from their check to put toward their pension. They can then retire when their age and years of service match their Peer option.
Nothing is taken from members pay checks to pay for pension in the WCTP.
PEER 80 is for full time, PEER 84 is part time. If you go from pt to ft, the years you worked 500 hrs or more convert to the PEER 80. If you can choose to add more to your pension, I am not aware of that option.

But, since we are talking about the western... besides a strong pension, what else does the western have that the rest of the country is envious of? That's right, a strong supplemental contract.
You're correct PEER 80 for FT and PEER 84 for PT. So PT has to work 2 more years to be eligible. No you can not add more to your pension on your own but every year the contribution goes up.
Thanks for the clarification. Any idea how much per check is withheld?
Nothing. It's a hourly contribution paid by the company.
The members do not have to pay anything, the weekly contributions are contractual per Article 34 (Master), same as in our Health and Welfare coverages.
Our contributions are not in the Master. Mine is actually in the Southwest package/sort rider.
Another great about the Peer 80/84 plans is that you can start collecting at age 65 and still work, so you can triple dip SS, Pension and your weekly pay check. Most other pension plans you have to wait till age 70 1/2 to collect while being active...
We have a few members that do that and collect SS
As @DELACROIX said, it's not exactly a withholding, but I think UPS pays something like $9/hr for the first 2080 hrs/yr worked for full timers. I'm not sure how much for part timers.
$13.31 an hour for FT and $11.11 for PT up to 2080 hours. This is for the Southwest package/sort rider. I know it differs for other JCs and riders.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Nothing is taken from members pay checks to pay for pension in the WCTP.

You're correct PEER 80 for FT and PEER 84 for PT. So PT has to work 2 more years to be eligible. No you can not add more to your pension on your own but every year the contribution goes up.

Nothing. It's a hourly contribution paid by the company.

Our contributions are not in the Master. Mine is actually in the Southwest package/sort rider.

We have a few members that do that and collect SS

$13.31 an hour for FT and $11.11 for PT up to 2080 hours. This is for the Southwest package/sort rider. I know it differs for other JCs and riders.
🥇

Status
Not open for further replies.