The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOODAH502

With such a small user base. I can't see it being worthwhile to continue it?

Can that base be expanded?

Just my opinion, but I thought there were more participants before the site became heavily moderated?
I haven't been on here in maybe a couple of years, so I don't keep up with it. I retired July 1, 2018 after 23 years.

DOODAH502

You were here before? Your screen name says new member?
I have no memory of my prior ID. It shouldn't matter. Yep, I've absolutely been here before. It looked different and it felt different, but it's the same site. I actually used to jump on mostly from inside the hub.

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I have no memory of my prior ID. It shouldn't matter. Yep, I've absolutely been here before. It looked different and it felt different, but it's the same site.
We still bash anybody and everybody new or old !!
Welcome back , crack a beer , twist a thread and bash a rookie ,, that's us ! 😂😂😂. 🍺

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have no memory of my prior ID. It shouldn't matter. Yep, I've absolutely been here before. It looked different and it felt different, but it's the same site. I actually used to jump on mostly from inside the hub.
Wait? You do not recall your screen name?

Santashelper1

Post your thoughts and ideas about the future of Brown Cafe here, please. Not on the condolence thread.
I can make an app that can be almost exactly like this and more. I didn’t know Cheryl or Tony but 1/2 of any profits from the app can be donated to a user of the app sort of like a UPS lotto unless they had a specific charity they liked. Let me know and I’ll get to work.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I can make an app that can be almost exactly like this and more. I didn’t know Cheryl or Tony but 1/2 of any profits from the app can be donated to a user of the app sort of like a UPS lotto unless they had a specific charity they liked. Let me know and I’ll get to work.
How do you make profit?

Santashelper1

How do you make profit?
How do you make profit?
advertising, in-app purchases (online store) (make funny T shirts, stickers, cups, etc,) or affiliate marketing or we can make each user pay $1 a year but that would require people logging in by using their phone numbers so there’s no duplicate accounts. They just need to understand that UPS wouldn’t be affiliated with the app at all. Maybe I’ll create a UPS driver podcast (use fake names) to help raise funds as well. Lol

Just spitting out some ideas

oldngray

nowhere special
advertising, in-app purchases (online store) (make funny T shirts, stickers, cups, etc,) or affiliate marketing or we can make each user pay $1 a year but that would require people logging in by using their phone numbers so there’s no duplicate accounts. They just need to understand that UPS wouldn’t be affiliated with the app at all. Maybe I’ll create a UPS driver podcast (use fake names) to help raise funds as well. Lol

Just spitting out some ideas
Really bad idea. When people log in now they don't see the ads guests see. Subscription fee? Quick way to shut down the site for good.

Santashelper1

Really bad idea. When people log in now they don't see the ads guests see. Subscription fee? Quick way to shut down the site for good.
Ads wouldn’t kill ya. Subscription fee would literally be a UPS lottery. $1 for the year and someone gets paid on Christmas. Get 50,000 upsers and a UPS worker takes home $25,000 after peak. The other half go towards running the app, fixing bugs, security, etc

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
B25DEE7A-0E6A-44B2-9CC1-014A1563F662.jpeg

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Ads wouldn’t kill ya. Subscription fee would literally be a UPS lottery. $1 for the year and someone gets paid on Christmas. Get 50,000 upsers and a UPS worker takes home $25,000 after peak. The other half go towards running the app, fixing bugs, security, etc
This site needs to stay free.

No one should have to pay to get answers to their questions.

The value of the site already comes from the users. I don’t see why they should have to pay to share their knowledge and experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.