The future of UPS????

Bimster

Our preload is so stressed out, its like christmas everyday at our center. With this new system alot of preloaders have more trucks to load and they turned the belt up on them. And yes they do the add/ cuts at 9:00 and wonder why Iam leaving late all the time. My preloader has been crying quite a few mornings when i come in because she busted her ass to get all those heavy packages in my truck until she cant even walk inside and they turn around and tell her to take them out and load them again in another truck. Arent the bosses supposed to know the stop count ahead of time so everything gets loaded right the first time.:confused:1

p.s. Whats funny is that the preload is catching heck because there numbers are not so rosey red, when its the bosses doing all the ****ty dispatching causing all the trouble.

Sammie

The Fall of Rome or UPS??

Rome fell gradually and for many decades the Romans hardly noticed what was happening.

The Fall was an ongoing process that lasted more than a century.

The Empire became too large and was not well controlled.

Prosperity ripened the principle of decay.

Emperors held absolute authority. This worked well with good emperors, but the incompetent ones did great harm.

The rulers of Rome grew satisfied and lazy, allowing the empire to crumble from neglect.

The wealth of the empire was concentrated in the hands of a minority while the large slave population did all the work.

Rome fell because of inner weakness and outer pressure. They had the barbarian hordes to deal with, we have the stockholders and the competition.

The bureaucracy became too top heavy, causing the empire to collapse upon itself.

Wow, I feel better already! :sad:

dammor

Our preload is so stressed out, its like christmas everyday at our center. With this new system alot of preloaders have more trucks to load and they turned the belt up on them. And yes they do the add/ cuts at 9:00 and wonder why Iam leaving late all the time. My preloader has been crying quite a few mornings when i come in because she busted her ass to get all those heavy packages in my truck until she cant even walk inside and they turn around and tell her to take them out and load them again in another truck. Arent the bosses supposed to know the stop count ahead of time so everything gets loaded right the first time.:confused:1

p.s. Whats funny is that the preload is catching heck because there numbers are not so rosey red, when its the bosses doing all the ****ty dispatching causing all the trouble.

Crying? There is no crying at UPS!

mikestrek

I havn't read all the post so I am sorry if this is a repeat. I remeber a time when I would come in, see my truck, tell the on-road so an so stop will not fit. They would look at my truck and agree and take care of it. Now I say this, and they turn to a little computer to look at some numbers and say, "according to this, it should fit..." I'm not even going to get into what is said after that statement, but it is not pleasent for anyone within 10 feet for the next 5-10 minutes.

No route is to heavy now according to ups computers. Notice MIN Max stops have gone up on the dispatch. You'll work 12 hours but your car will only messure 8 1/2. nobody knows the stop count in the morning. sup's are told to just load it up. We have drivers dropping like flies now due to injury. I guess all that was factored into this new pal system. I wish corporate could show us (hands on) how to run a route.

JustTired

free at last.......

Rome fell gradually and for many decades the Romans hardly noticed what was happening.

Emperors held absolute authority. This worked well with good emperors, but the incompetent ones did great harm.

The rulers of Rome grew satisfied and lazy, allowing the empire to crumble from neglect.

The wealth of the empire was concentrated in the hands of a minority while the large slave population did all the work.

Rome fell because of inner weakness and outer pressure. They had the barbarian hordes to deal with, we have the stockholders and the competition.

The bureaucracy became too top heavy, causing the empire to collapse upon itself.

It not only sounds like UPS, but the entire USA. Democracies have a tendency to morph (change) into something else.

beatupbrown

They should cut in a bulk van for all the bulk stops for that day.
UPS likes you to to run you aa off, so they drop the bulk on you later on.
I bet they had a bulk van at one time doing all the bulk stops but it had to be cut .:thumbup1:

No route is to heavy now according to ups computers. Notice MIN Max stops have gone up on the dispatch. You'll work 12 hours but your car will only messure 8 1/2. nobody knows the stop count in the morning. sup's are told to just load it up. We have drivers dropping like flies now due to injury. I guess all that was factored into this new pal system. I wish corporate could show us (hands on) how to run a route.

mikestrek, where are you at? I'm looking for a building to transfer to when the list goes up in October.

satellitedriver

The same applies to the good old U.S.A.
PAX

tieguy

Banned
Nice thing about going international still so much room for growth in this world that we can be totally screwed up in this country and still thriving elsewhere.

I'm presently reading driving change interesting book on UPS. Theres one cute little story in it of eskew flying to hong kong. As he drives around he witnesses a little celebration that takes place between two drivers who celebrate because they filled up one of the package cars with pickup pieces. Perhaps we take it for granted here that our cars will be flled up and have long gone past the point of celebrating such a thing here in the US. But the full package car day in and day out represents job security for all of us. I hope we have the sense to recognize when our car is not as full and the drive to fight to get those packages back. I have one of those REA pictures on my wall to remind me of the danger of complacency.

satellitedriver

Nice thing about going international still so much room for growth in this world that we can be totally screwed up in this country and still thriving elsewhere.

I'm presently reading driving change interesting book on UPS. Theres one cute little story in it of eskew flying to hong kong. As he drives around he witnesses a little celebration that takes place between two drivers who celebrate because they filled up one of the package cars with pickup pieces. Perhaps we take it for granted here that our cars will be flled up and have long gone past the point of celebrating such a thing here in the US. But the full package car day in and day out represents job security for all of us. I hope we have the sense to recognize when our car is not as full and the drive to fight to get those packages back. I have one of those REA pictures on my wall to remind me of the danger of complacency.
I have to agree with you, Tie.
Eskew and the global thing aside, I try and say a simple prayer when I turn into my driveway. "Thank you for my job".
I prayed to get it 21 yrs ago and my prayers were granted.
If it takes 11 hr days to empty my pkg car, so be it.
The global economy debate is about 3 decades too late, to have any impact on where we are now.
In 1978, I built a crane to be shipped to China.
I laughingly asked my wife a couple of weeks ago, "I wonder if I am now delivering products that were carried by that crane I built?'
She anwered," Maybe,but remember, you were paid to do it then and you are being paid to do it now."
How could I have been BLESSED to marry someone with that pragmatism.

P.S.
There was suppose to be no markings on that crane showing it was made in America.
Evil me.
Somewhere in China is an overhead crane in a factory that if you looked up, in the right spot, are my initials, the year and date.
Most importantly, MADE IN THE USA is stamped into that crane also.
PAX