The Golden Arches are falling.

PT Car Washer

Absolutely, they are cutting management to even boost more profits, but local unions have a limited, organizing budget and it’s difficult to organize people who don’t stay at the job more than six months to a year. By the time you get everyone to sign the union cards, they’ve already quit and you have to start over. When we originally started this campaign in 2015 it was to get $15 an hour. Many of these places are paying $19-$22 an hour now and many of the workers don’t see the reason to join.
I personally think that’s a bad idea, but I don’t control their mindset.

Starbucks workers seem to have a more stable workforce. And it has been easier to collect cards and get continued support.

While the UPS Union negotiated contract is $15.50/hr PT and $16/hr FT starting wages for inside workers.

Thebrownblob

While the UPS Union negotiated contract is $15.50/hr PT and $16/hr FT starting wages for inside workers.
Indeed, but that was up from around $11 an hour before that , although I don’t know that it is directly comparable. Insurance, vacation and pension Contributions have to be included. Not to mention a part timer at UPS has the opportunity to eventually full-time and make well over $100,000 a year. That’s a pretty huge upside people who intend or end up staying.

PT Car Washer

Indeed, but that was up from around $11 an hour before that , although I don’t know that it is directly comparable. Insurance, vacation and pension Contributions have to be included. Not to mention a part timer at UPS has the opportunity to eventually full-time and make well over $100,000 a year. That’s a pretty huge upside people who intend or end up staying.
Insurance, vacations, and pension contributions doesn't put food on the table.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Insurance, vacations, and pension contributions doesn't put food on the table.
Unbelievable!
You PTers mostly, and in great numbers, work here PT for your convenience and our healthcare coverage.
I know lots of people that own their own businesses whether it be landscaping (grass-cutting), or consulting at a white-collar level and the costs to insure themselves cuts too deep into their pockets, so they come here and are grateful.
Then there are guys that have little to no ambition and they expect more THAN WHAT IT IS!

REAL jobs are FT and not at your convenience.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I don’t think the disparity is quite as great as you think. Sure, their wages are lower and that’s real and needs to be fixed but the benefits they receive they could not even buy on their own.

How would a parttime individual fare with $1 million worth of health benefits paid for them without this “worthles part time job.

And I’ve always looked at the part time job the way I handled it. At first it got me through college Then It was just a steppingstone to go full-time. Different people want different things so obviously not everyone wants to go full-time and that’s their choice.
Gotta agree here. You are making sense!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If one thinks only corporate employees are at risk, then why did the corporate bosses also request anyone without an email to give their information to their boss.

rod

Retired 22 years
McDonald around here will hire 14 year olds. It shouldn't be too long before we get those 10-12 year old boys back in the coal (lithium) mines like the good old days.

oldngray

nowhere special
McDonald around here will hire 14 year olds. It shouldn't be too long before we get those 10-12 year old boys back in the coal (lithium) mines like the good old days.
WouldYou.jpg