The Golden Arches are falling.

bacha29

Fast Food joints have always been considered as entry level jobs.
This is where one learns how to exist with in a corporate structure and build up their experiences.
But with some many joints closing nation wide, many will not be getting their chance.
And many are closing because they can't get kids to work for nothing and be treated badly doing it. The restaurant I ate at last week the server was a woman in her early fifties.

pkgdriver

I wanted to bang Wendy
Youre a bigger man than I.
78902BE4-E263-4F2C-830D-201E37C73042.jpeg

100%

This is what happens when you pay someone over $18 an hour to flip burgers and then forget to put the fries in your bag or forget your kids chicken nuggets. Incompetent, overpaid labor cost is passed on to the consumer. The CEO continues to rake massive amounts of money and stocks annually. Then lay off the mid level, furthering the disaster. All recipes for inflation and recession. It‘s over $40 to feed a family of four one :censored2:ty meal from these places, they will all fail soon.
Stop voting for rich people. Then you can start complaining.

nWo

This is what happens when you pay someone over $18 an hour to flip burgers and then forget to put the fries in your bag or forget your kids chicken nuggets. Incompetent, overpaid labor cost is passed on to the consumer. The CEO continues to rake massive amounts of money and stocks annually. Then lay off the mid level, furthering the disaster. All recipes for inflation and recession. It‘s over $40 to feed a family of four one :censored2:ty meal from these places, they will all fail soon.

Spew that anti-labor nonsense at an union hall and see how far it gets you.

Thebrownblob

Spew that anti-labor nonsense at a union hall and see how far it gets you.
Well honestly, it went pretty far because currently we are not going after most fast food restaurants because of the companies laying off the people. As well as the companies begin paying a higher wage.

We are, however, going after the more skilled restaurant workers such as Starbucks, because believe it or not making these coffee confections is actually not easily replaceable.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Spew that anti-labor nonsense at an union hall and see how far it gets you.
That was not an opinion, that is the state of the Unites States. Not anti labor at all, and at what point did I disagree? Wages need to be corrected now for all to maintain standards of living, if McDonalds costs $15, then we need $50 plus an hour to maintain. Stop being so reactionary and read the statement cowboy.

nWo

That was not an opinion, that is the state of the Unites States. Not anti labor at all, and at what point did I disagree? Wages need to be corrected now for all to maintain standards of living, if McDonalds costs $15, then we need $50 plus an hour to maintain. Stop being so reactionary and read the statement cowboy.

Lol nah. As a Teamster you should never trash the working man.

nWo

One of the strategies to go after fast food, type workers and organize them backfired because they were replaced with kiosk. And there became less jobs now I think this was a bad idea for the companies as it has hurt them. As you can see in McDonald’s isn’t doing all that great. Franchises also made it difficult to negotiate contracts.
This is why they’ve gone after Starbucks. Those people actually have to have some training to know how to make the product they’re selling so it’s more of a skill.

McDonald's made 13 billion in 2022. They seem to be doing fine.

Thebrownblob

McDonald's made 13 billion in 2022. They seem to be doing fine.
Absolutely, they are cutting management to even boost more profits, but local unions have a limited, organizing budget and it’s difficult to organize people who don’t stay at the job more than six months to a year. By the time you get everyone to sign the union cards, they’ve already quit and you have to start over. When we originally started this campaign in 2015 it was to get $15 an hour. Many of these places are paying $19-$22 an hour now and many of the workers don’t see the reason to join.
I personally think that’s a bad idea, but I don’t control their mindset.

Starbucks workers seem to have a more stable workforce. And it has been easier to collect cards and get continued support.

Last edited: