The heat is on: UPS misplaces Earth

stringerman85

I had -27 below last night and the high for the day was -8. Tell me again about global warming:angry: what a joke

Two questions:
Where the heck do you live?
Why?

Yeah, If my headline said I was "retired and happy" I would most likely be, away from this site, and the company itself, and definately would not be anywhere near negative degree temps, otherwise i would be "retired and grumpy"?

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah, If my headline said I was "retired and happy" I would most likely be, away from this site, and the company itself, and definately would not be anywhere near negative degree temps, otherwise i would be "retired and grumpy"?

I do bitch alot about the weather but I also get away from it several times during the winter. I was in Texas in Oct and again for Christmas and will be back there in Feb. - will be in Arizona and Texas in March. One of nice things about being retired is when you live in a northern climate - you can sit inside and give the thermometer the finger:peaceful: As far as being away from this site- heck - What the frick is a person suppose to do when it's -25 below-you can only fish for so many hours a day :-)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I do bitch alot about the weather but I also get away from it several times during the winter. I was in Texas in Oct and again for Christmas and will be back there in Feb. - will be in Arizona and Texas in March. One of nice things about being retired is when you live in a northern climate - you can sit inside and give the thermometer the finger:peaceful: As far as being away from this site- heck - What the frick is a person suppose to do when it's -25 below-you can only fish for so many hours a day :-)
Ah, coming to visit our fair state. Where you going to?

satellitedriver

Many things seem to escape you.
Name one logical "thing" that has escaped me.
I will defer to your wisdom, if you can name that thing.
Seem,is the word/clause in your sentence that implies you do not have a specific point in mind.
Your use of the word many, implies that you have a plethora of further examples.
So please, enlighten me with your vast knowledge of what has escaped me.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ah, coming to visit our fair state. Where you going to?

I have a sister-in-law who lives in Chandler and my mother-in-law lives in Casa Grande. We usually rotate between the two places as the hosts get tired of us. :wink2: My daughter lives in Plano Tx. -not really a warm weather destination but usually better than -25 below

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have a sister-in-law who lives in Chandler and my mother-in-law lives in Casa Grande. We usually rotate between the two places as the hosts get tired of us. :wink2: My daughter lives in Plano Tx. -not really a warm weather destination but usually better than -25 below
Well I hope we have good weather for ya when you're here. :happy2:

trickpony1

Seem,is the word/clause in your sentence that implies you do not have a specific point in mind.
Your use of the word many, implies that you have a plethora of further examples.

Thanks for asking me. I will do just that.
In my opinion, and having read your posts for some time, your existence "seems" to be a very singular one.
By that I mean it "seems" to be all about satellitedriver. You "seem" to fancy yourself as a "cyborg" as featured on the "Terminator" and "Sarah Conner Chronicles" movie and TV series.
You "seem" to care less about your fellow man to the extent that you disavow the organized labor organization that you may, at one time, have belonged to. We all know that super heros don't need anyone negotiating their labor contract. Super heros can inflict their wrath and force the company to pay the wages they currently receive. Your scope doesn't "seem" to be broad enough to understand what would happen if the union were busted and the company had full control.
Your post about the greenpeace people, you know, the ones that are trying to keep the environment from going straight to hell, "seems" to illustrate your singular philosophy as it applies to the satellitedriver instead of getting the whole picture and the consequences further down the road if we don't do something now. BUT WAIT....I forgot.... programmed cyborgs can't be stopped and their scope is fairly limited.
In "seems" in the world according to satellitedriver that it's all about satellitedriver and no one else.
Just curious, did the company create that satellite route for you after you decided to step out of the bigger picture, you know, the one that applied to everyone else (the evil union collective unit)?
I'm sure I will be exiled again because it "seems" I have insulted another member but I really offered my opinion as asked by said member.
It "seems" to me.
I welcome your counterpoint.

diesel96

(global warming fast facts).

Prove it.

Debunk it !

I reckon it makes sense that your neighbors are myths, that goes along with those "voices" you hear all the time.

Whatever message your trying to convey Tex, just say it, don't beat around the tumbleweeds....

In ancient times religious rulers, naysayers, and doubters often killed messengers who delivered bad news. Although modern times takes less drastic action against those who point out its problems, it makes every effort to squash the message, however legitimate.

And for those who think just because it's cold outside, global warming doesn't exist; From the WMO website;

Global warming continues, despite cold snap
(updated on 14 January)

The Secretary-General of WMO, Michel Jarraud, told journalists last week that, despite the current cold snap in Europe, the major trend remained unmistakably one of warming. "If we look at the trajectory over the last 160 years”, he said “it overlays a large natural variability, and that's what causes confusion”.
The cooler weather that was a hallmark of 2008 could be explained partly by La Niña, a reversal of the phenomenon by which warm waters build up on the surface of the Pacific.
Secretary-General's press briefing

Whatever message your trying to convey Tex, just say it, don't beat around the tumbleweeds....

I'm so sorry you don't understand what I was conveying, however as much as I would love to spell it out for you, the terms of Service for this forum will not allow me to more explicit.

diesel96

I'm so sorry you don't understand what I was conveying, however as much as I would love to spell it out for you, the terms of Service for this forum will not allow me to more explicit.

What? You can't be an insult comedian without having a potty mouth...Go head, push the envelope, worst thing that would happen would be the censor smiley face :censored2:.

What? You can't be an insult comedian without having a potty mouth...Go head, push the envelope, worst thing that would happen would be the censor smiley face :censored2:.
I've already done that, it just (evidently) went over your head. I can't help that. When I mentioned the terms of service I wasn't even thinking about using banned expletives (potty mouth) as much as relating to the name calling that would not be censored. Besides that, having to explain the comment would....... take away from the humor.

diesel96

I've already done that, it just (evidently) went over your head. I can't help that. When I mentioned the terms of service I wasn't even thinking about using banned expletives (potty mouth) as much as relating to the name calling that would not be censored. Besides that, having to explain the comment would....... take away from the humor.

So it's safe to say, the feelings are mutual for you towards the majority who "hears voices" and speak up on behalf of the human contribution of global warming. Which resorts back to my previous posts of the contempt towards the messengers and the innocense of implementing common sense....wow, such offensive mearsures.

So it's safe to say, the feelings are mutual for you towards the majority who "hears voices" and speak up on behalf of the human contribution of global warming. Which resorts back to my previous posts of the contempt towards the messengers and the innocense of implementing common sense....wow, such offensive mearsures.
So it's safe to say that it took 3-4 posts for you understand what most people probably got in the 1st post?
While it's not offensive, it is sad.

tieguy

Banned

I wouldn't expect much more then a negative whining answer. Thats all you ever get from him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My daughter teaches HS Science and her class is studying Global Warming so we watched "An Inconvenient Truth" as she had to compose a worksheet based upon the DVD for her class. I hadn't watched it yet so we watched it together (I am visiting her for the week and am missing the Arctic blast back home). I have to admit that it opened my eyes up to a lot of concepts and ideas that I either hadn't considered or been exposed to.

kingOFchester

temperature%20history.jpg

Do you see what I see, and no, its not a Diad.

Also,
Time Magazine, Monday, Jun. 24, 1974:

"when meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades"......."for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age."......."Telltale signs are everywhere —from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like the armadillo"....

AND NOW MY PERSONAL FAVORITE QUOTE FROM THE ARTICLE:

"Man, too, may be somewhat responsible for the cooling trend. The University of Wisconsin's Reid A. Bryson and other climatologists suggest that dust and other particles released into the atmosphere as a result of farming and fuel burning may be blocking more and more sunlight from reaching and heating the surface of the earth."
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944914-2,00.html

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
In winter 2006-7, CT didn't get snow until Valentine's day. The last couple peaks, we have had pretty cold winters with much snow. I do believe the earth cycles have nothing to do with human intervention. It just shows how immortal we feel we really are. The earth will shake us off like a dog with fleas and will continue doing what it does.

We either adapt or die !!! If I have to deliver packages with suntan lotion spf 2000 on me, than so be it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
(global warming fast facts).

Debunk it !

In ancient times religious rulers, naysayers, and doubters often killed messengers who delivered bad news. Although modern times takes less drastic action against those who point out its problems, it makes every effort to squash the message, however legitimate.

And for those who think just because it's cold outside, global warming doesn't exist; From the WMO website;

Global warming continues, despite cold snap
(updated on 14 January)

The Secretary-General of WMO, Michel Jarraud, told journalists last week that, despite the current cold snap in Europe, the major trend remained unmistakably one of warming. "If we look at the trajectory over the last 160 years”, he said “it overlays a large natural variability, and that's what causes confusion”.
The cooler weather that was a hallmark of 2008 could be explained partly by La Niña, a reversal of the phenomenon by which warm waters build up on the surface of the Pacific.
Secretary-General's press briefing

La Nina schma Nina. La-Nina winters are more typically cold across the NW CONUS and Upper plains, but this fall into winter is different as the equatorial waters are not nearly as La-nina like as the pattern that is being produced. Infact this fall we were closer to La-Nada , heading out of last winter through summers own La-Nina episode.

Last fall winter into spring was a Nina which turned neutral, and how cold/hot was it in your backyards?

Last summer was one of the coolest and wettest summers in recent memory here in the northeast, which is very typical of La-Nina. Yes, last year for the most part was a well-behaved Nina so we call it.

My Point: There are too many climate indexes to starting pointing fingers in any GW argument, especially since you can grab any one index (ex PDO) and make the index fit your agenda just because it does so by coincidence and run with it but never be able to prove anything.