The heat is on: UPS misplaces Earth

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've been putting out an opposing view to most participating on this thread, trying to stick to the subject when you decided to take it to a lower level (or poke fun). Oh well, anyway....Eventhough we disagree, I was interested what you had to say about the subject matter. That I can respect.

We agree to dis-agree...So pull up a chair, and we'll share our w(h)ines with some cheese...and break bread.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7329799.stm

If not reducing Co2 emmissions for your Earth and mankind, but do it for your country and stop enriching our enemies......Have our indepedence come full circle?

:congrats:on your advanced schooling, seriously, I can't even remember my college days 20 years ago, nor do I feel the need to embellish my credentials or be ashamed to be a truck driver because at the end of the day we all claim to be experts with "the internets" and "the google"(..lol quotes of GWB) at our fingertips. How we process info and form opinions is another subject. But when it comes to Climatology, no offense, I don't pretend to be a meterologist, I will blindly follow the majority concensus of outside independent agencies looking in, such as WMO = World Meteorological Organization with no liberal-conservative agenda hang-ups.....

At least you admit to having no idea what you're talking about and blowing smoke. :)

OKAY! Works for me. I like wheat bread. How 'bout you Trp?
I love wheat bread, lightly toasted with peanutbutter and grape jelly. NEver had a crumpet, but willing to try one.

Not wanting to keep a think going but I have to give my perspective on this part of a statement.
you decided to take it to a lower level (or poke fun)
. I don't see injecting humor in most conversations as lowering the level, NAY I SAY, I see it as lightening the atmosphere. But to each....his own.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I love wheat bread, lightly toasted with peanutbutter and grape jelly. NEver had a crumpet, but willing to try one.

Not wanting to keep a think going but I have to give my perspective on this part of a statement. . I don't see injecting humor in most conversations as lowering the level, NAY I SAY, I see it as lightening the atmosphere. But to each....his own.
Trp, I enjoy your humor!:happy-very:

P

pickup

I once said this about another thread but I can't resist the temptation to say it here -"This thread has taken a 90 degree turn and has shot up like a helium filled balloon , I don't think we can ever get it back"

moreluck

golden ticket member
Humor is life itself !! Even God taught us about humor......have you seen the platypus ?? Giraffe?? Armadillo??

On a giraffe, He gives him the world's longest and heaviest neck and yet all the water is on the ground.....that's just sick!!

You gotta laugh.......:peaceful:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Humor is life itself !! Even God taught us about humor......have you seen the platypus ?? Giraffe?? Armadillo??

On a giraffe, He gives him the world's longest and heaviest neck and yet all the water is on the ground.....that's just sick!!

You gotta laugh.......:peaceful:
And don't forget the Dung Beetle

diesel96

At least you admit to having no idea what you're talking about and blowing smoke. :)

Your right, I not a pretender when it comes to Global Warming, thats why I didn't link a College Math or Phyisics Professer but rather a Climatology Expert and his Organization. :thumbup1:.

Not wanting to keep a think going but I have to give my perspective on this part of a statement. . I don't see injecting humor in most conversations as lowering the level, NAY I SAY, I see it as lightening the atmosphere. But to each....his own.

Help me out here Dilligaf....One more bottle of w(h)ine:wink2:...Tex just cut the cheese again.....

Injecting humor at one's expense, instead of with them, IMO kind of taints the atmospmere but that's ok, no use either one of us crying over spilled milk. What's done is done...:peaceful:...I'm guilty of it to.

Where's the corkscrew?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Your right, I not a pretender when it comes to Global Warming, thats why I didn't link a College Math or Phyisics Professer but rather a Climatology Expert and his Organization. :thumbup1:.

Help me out here Dilligaf....One more bottle of w(h)ine:wink2:...Tex just cut the cheese again.....

Injecting humor at one's expense, instead of with them, IMO kind of taints the atmospmere but that's ok, no use either one of us crying over spilled milk. What's done is done...:peaceful:...I'm guilty of it to.

Where's the corkscrew?
Absolutely, do you care what flavor? I'm partial to Boones Farm. LOL I found a great horseradish cheddar cheese. Fantastic. It's Boarshead. MMMMMM Ritz crackers. The way Az is playing right now I am ready to par-tay!

rushfan

MMMMM I love beef, however, the freaks want to tax beef/each cow with an emissions tax. Soon, beans will be outlawed due to the people who eat them producing gas.

Sorry, I'm not a member of the Global Warming Fellowship. I believe in my own religion.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When those "green folk" eat all their cabbage, they'll be breaking more wind than any bean eaters. :funny:

Cabbage rules.......tastes sweet, but smells like :censored2: in the fridge !!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same here. NE OHIO, the mistake on the lake. Fri -15, sat -17. It freezes the beer.

Tooner, I flew in to Cleveland on my way back to NY and it looked awfully cold out there. I am so glad that we had a tram way and did not have to walk on the tarmac. You have a lot more snow that we do here in Plattsburgh.

When I left North Carolina yesterday (visiting my daughter) they were anticipating a winter storm of 1-3", which could potentially shut them down, but it was going to be in the 50s by Friday. Maybe I should have stayed but Megan was starting to get tired of Dad being around.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Tooner, I flew in to Cleveland on my way back to NY and it looked awfully cold out there. I am so glad that we had a tram way and did not have to walk on the tarmac. You have a lot more snow that we do here in Plattsburgh.

When I left North Carolina yesterday (visiting my daughter) they were anticipating a winter storm of 1-3", which could potentially shut them down, but it was going to be in the 50s by Friday. Maybe I should have stayed but Megan was starting to get tired of Dad being around.

It's always better to look back and have a short visit so that you get invited back for another!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Upstate Im sure Megan was not sick of you. Daughters love their daddies forever. Daughters are daughters all their lives. Sons are sons till they take a wife. My Mom told me that once, I think it is true.
Any how its 1 degree out now. WWOOOO HHOOOOOO
This needs to end soon, it was only funny for a while, now it is becoming reality. I havent seen this much snow since I lived on Lake Erie, or visited Wisconsin. It is not allowed to snow here:angry:

tieguy

Banned
anyone watch the innaugeration yesterday? it was fun watching all the global warming nuts standing out there freezing to death.

diesel96

anyone watch the innaugeration yesterday? it was fun watching all the global warming nuts standing out there freezing to death.

And it was fun watching the freezing nuts sing a warm goodbye to Bush... 'Na Na Na ..... Hey Hey hey....Goodbye.....:wink2: