The MAJORITY is speaking

SteveOUPS

Me and my helper.
Ballot Count Continues Near Washington, D.C.

November 18, 2007

(ALEXANDRIA, VA) — The National Master UPS Contract is on its way to being approved, Director of the Parcel and Small Package Division hall announced Sunday.
Preliminary returns show the national contract being approved by a solid margin. Supplements, riders and addendums are also being counted, but no final tallies for those agreements are available at this time.
Counting has taken place all weekend and will continue Monday outside Washington, D.C.
Visit the Teamsters' web site for the latest updates.

And you can count me as one of the MAJORITY !!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Thanks steve for helping pass one of the worst contracts in teamster history.

I always thought the worst contract in UPS history was in 1982, when the IBT sold out the Part-timers for a two-tiered wage system. Fixing pensions for thousands of employees doesn't seem so bad to me, maybe I can retire while I can still walk.

I apologize for the comment about SteveOUPS helper. I am just jealous. Actually I think it is great when Brown Cafe members post pictures of themselves. Its good to put a face on someone.:thumbup1:

Griff

The majority are obviously lacking reading comprehension skills and critical thinking ability. I see no reason anyone would vote yes if they actually read the contract and fully understood what they read. Doesn't matter to me, I already have my plan in place if this goes through.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
The majority are obviously lacking reading comprehension skills and critical thinking ability. I see no reason anyone would vote yes if they actually read the contract and fully understood what they read. Doesn't matter to me, I already have my plan in place if this goes through.

you damn right, i think alot of ppl voted yes just by looking at the $$$$.

BrownShark

Banned
It doesnt really matter brothers and sisters.

The power of the PEN obviously failed us all. Look at the actual numbers of people voting. Just about 11% of the total members eligible to vote have actually voted.

The Teamsters played all the cards right. Leave a limited number of days for mailing out and mailing back ballots, only leave a 2 week window to prevent any organized effort to spread the word, then sit back and watch the contract pass with a limited number of ballots returned.

Congrats Mr. Hoffa, you just got yourself UN-ELECTED.

Peace.:peaceful:

Cole

I don't know about fixing the pension, it does put us at the level they were at 10yrs ago, with language that they can amend as they see necessary.

Just remember who recommended this one from the top.

blue efficacy

Hoffa won't be unelected. We were foolish enough to let this contract pass, so we'll be foolish enough to reelect Hoffa once again. :(

By the way, cute daughter steveo!

Damok

I don't think I'll ever understand the apathy of people in this country when it comes to voting... of any kind really. The concerned minority of us voted, a majority of that minority will come out ahead on one side or the other while the great majority of teamsters sits on their collective sorry :censored2:#s waiting to whine and complain no mater the outcome.

That's my pessimistic doom and gloom speech for the day... thanks for coming. :(

huskervi

Thanks Steveo just like most full timers who voted yes, you dont remember where you started or who is work as hard or harder than you inside the building only doing it part time. This contract benefits full timers who will be retiring in 10-15 years and screws part timers.

YOUR THE MAN

athena

It doesnt really matter brothers and sisters.
Just about 11% of the total members eligible to vote have actually voted.
:peaceful:

Actually, isn't 82,000 approximately 34%. I thought there were around 240,000 UPS teamsters in the small package side of UPS.

BrownShark

Banned
Actually, isn't 82,000 approximately 34%. I thought there were around 240,000 UPS teamsters in the small package side of UPS.

Athena,

Respectively, 34% of the membership, regardless of the number is NOT A MAJORITY.

Its a sad statement towards the Teamsters ability to unify the membership.

At the end of the day, a small voter turnout by calculation what was in order.

Give the members two weeks to recieve, read, digest & mail back the ballots, then throw in a mailing holiday ( Veterans day) which delays mail there and back and then prevent the ballots recieved after Friday Nov 16th from being counted.

Just look at the numbers for the WEST and then compare the recieved ballots with the actual number of members in those locals..

Quite a large descrepancy.

This cannot be disputed.

Peace.:peaceful:

satellitedriver

Since you have tried to guide the voters with your wisdom and understanding, maybe you could share the plan you have in place?
Maybe, you can take your fellow believers there.
Wherever, that is.

tieguy

Banned

are you quitting?