So Let's Be Serious Who Really Wrote Our Contract?

What do i think about these protections. Ill put it this way. My grandfather was a marine, several of my friends fathers growing up were navy seals, in my 20s one of my good friends was former delta force, and two of my friends at church are retired special forces. With that kind of experience, I feel those protections should be for all. While i understand UPS is going 7 days a week then i believe we should have 2 shifts mon -fri and Wednesday - Sunday of RPCD'S. This would fix all the issues end of story
How do you work all drivers on Wed-fri?

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Am actually more concern to see what Teamster have to say about the new contract. February 12 is an old talks.

New UPS Combination Driver Jobs Protect Weekends for Package-Car Drivers, Address Issue of Forced Overtime, Create Full-Time Jobs

What do you think about this protection?
Look from an analysis point of view you have to place everything in context and connection in other words look at the whole board. Lets talk in terms of chess. By reading and paying attention only to the contract it would be as if your only paying attention to what one pawn is doing while ignoring all the other pieces. Wall street (thus the stock rating and price) pays close attention to What these guys say and How they say it. July 25th 2018 2nd qtr earnings call transcript James Jay Barber of UPS uses the language,"we believe the Teamsters will get the communication and begin the process to a ratification..." this kind of language seen in the picture of looking at the whole board is contextually somewhere between the legal definition of extortion and/or coercion. Its almost as if it has the feel of a really polite form of blackmail. Listen UPS doesnt look at this contract in terms of just this 5 year period why should we? Again July 25th 2018 2nd qtr conference call transcript David Abney, " we can set the foundations for the future." How is that, "We also believe that we have to have the flexibility (wall street sees flexibility = 22.4s) to respond to our customers needs"
So, take these in the context of the whole board view and get the CORRECT AND COMPLETE BIG PICTURE.

Last edited:

BrownRecycler

Look from an analysis point of view you have to place everything in context and connection in other words look at the whole board. Lets talk in terms of chess. By reading and paying attention only to the contract it would be as if your only paying attention to what one pawn is doing while ignoring all the other pieces. Wall street (thus the stock rating and price) pays close attention to What these guys say and How they say it. July 25th 2018 2nd qtr earnings call transcript James Jay Barber of UPS uses the language,"we believe the Teamsters will get the communication and begin the process to a ratification..." this kind of language seen in the picture of looking at the whole board is contextually somewhere between the legal definition of extortion and/or coercion. Its almost as if it has the feel of a really polite form of blackmail. Listen UPS doesnt look at this contract in terms of just this 5 year period why should we? Again July 25th 2018 2nd qtr conference call transcript David Abney, " we can set the foundations for the future." How is that, "We also believe that we have to have the flexibility (wall street sees flexibility = 22.4s) to respond to our customers needs"
So, take these in the context of the whole board view and get the CORRECT AND COMPLETE BIG PICTURE.

You know it is hearsay really. They said it but doesn't means Teamster is going to do what they do. All this wallstreet is hawking. We are going to make big quarterly earning blah blah blah. No, he is saying it because they don't want their precious stock price fall while this is going on. Hearsay is all it is in my opinion.

Grey

The company also wants flexibility to allow management to designate up to 20 percent of the routes in each center as a residential route. Drivers on residential routes would be paid at a lower rate than regular parcel delivery personnel.

Again just put in split routes tues-fri and drivers won’t go over 9.5 nearly as much!