So Let's Be Serious Who Really Wrote Our Contract?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by The Real Jack RyanMI6, Aug 4, 2018.

1. The Real Jack RyanMI6

The Real Jack RyanMI6 Active Member

Teamsters in heated talks with UPS over new contract
    By John Schulz · February 12, 2018

In a statement, UPS emphasized it is seeking “flexibility”(Flexibility = 22.4)to remain competitive in the rapidly changed e-commerce and small package landscape...

One of the union’s initial demands was firm language against use of drones for deliveries. But somewhat mysteriously...the union’s Package Division watered down that contract proposal to prevent job elimination due to technology.

The company also wants flexibility to allow management to designate up to 20 percent of the routes in each center as a residential route. Drivers on residential routes would be paid at a lower rate than regular parcel delivery personnel.

UPS also wants to implement Sunday delivery work with the option of using part-time drivers to deliver ground and be required to use their own vehicles.
    Teamsters in heated talks with UPS over new contract

SO LET'S BE SERIOUS FOR A SEC...
    1. February 12 2018
    2. UPS Wants Drones Check.
    3. UPS Wants 20% Lower Rate Drivers Check. Oh Sorry They Got 25%, Or 25+% if They can demonstrate NEED???
    4. UPS Wants Sunday Delivery Check. 22.4 Tuesday Thru Saturday AND Wednesday Thru Sunday.

Let's Be Real Serious And Crystal Clear Who Wrote The Contract You Are Voting On???

Here is a neutral 3rd party John D Schulz who has been around our industry for decades, and his reporting is that....

John D. Schulz
    Trucking Industry Expert - Contributing Editor - Logistics Management Magazine
    Experience
    • Contributing Editor
      Logistics Management Magazine
      2005 – Present (13 years)Washington D.C. Metro Area
      I am contributing editor responsible for daily contributions and in-depth features and analysis on surface transportation news, trends and insight. My specific area of expertise is the $700 billion trucking industry. Thanks to more than 30 years experience, I am on a first-name basis with scores of top industry officials and thought leaders in the trucking industry. I enjoy a national reputation as a thoughtful journalist who can be counted upon to accurately reflect these officials' views both in print and in online stories.

• Consultant-Council Member
    • Gerson Lehrman Group
      2004 – Present (14 years)Worldwide
      As one of the leading council members for the worldwide consulting Gerson Lehrman Group, I have consulted with scores of hedge funds, financial managers, individual and corporate investors about the trucking and transportation industries. I provide condensed, easy-to-understand answers to complex transportation questions regarding all aspects of the trucking industry. At GLG, I achieved "Leader" status in the first year, connoting that I am among the Top 5 percent of consultants in its stable. I current continue to enjoy "Leader" status.

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  2. BrownRecycler

BrownRecycler Member

Old.

Just read the UPSRising.org and tell me what you think of the update to the contract.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. The Real Jack RyanMI6

Any update with 22.4 is a sellout!!!
    ALL WE NEED ARE RPCD'S
    Monday - Friday
    Wednesday - Sunday

4. The Real Jack RyanMI6

What is old am I Going to see UPS getting rid of 22.4s?

5. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Get did of 22.4s will be so much cheaper for ups because something les desirable will be coming

6. The Real Jack RyanMI6

To be far i did as you asked, And in all honesty see nothing to change my vote my mind or the facts. That we all of us now have written documented proof that UPS!!! Not the Teamsters came up with 22.4. So the site you named addresses and adds nothing

7. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I bet UPS’ first choice was to use part timers @ $18 a hour.

8. BrownRecycler

BrownRecycler Member

Ok.

9. The Real Jack RyanMI6

But i think your a little high, so to speak, with the $18.00. Probably closer to min wage by center.

10. BrownRecycler

BrownRecycler Member

$18 is a bit much. I was thinking that not possible for "first choice".

11. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

$18 plus they use their own car.

12. The Real Jack RyanMI6

So what your saying after gas and maintaining the car closer to $5.00 ?

13. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Why when they have FT drivers with no OT protection making $18.50/hr working Saturdays.

14. BrownRecycler

BrownRecycler Member

15. The Real Jack RyanMI6

I think your purposely missing the point so ill say it this way. It took 16 days for UPS to allow the Teamsters to understand the following...
    1 UPS was getting drones and driverless tech.
    2. UPS was getting st least 20% of its driver workforce at a lower cost
    3. UPS WAS NOT going to allow the new drivers any rights.
    4. UPS was going to get the ability to work their new lower paid drivers however, they wanted.
    5. UPS Was going to position the shifts so they only needed a higher priced driver 1 day a week.

Look at the contract can you state otherwise.

Or in otherwords can you legitimately show how UPS did not get these things?

I think your purposely playing dumb to the fact that UPS wrote this contract.
    Go to seeking alpha and read the second qtr. Invester call from July 25th 2018 read David Vernon's question and D Abneys answers you will discover the code word UPS uses to address 22.4 = Flexibility. And that is the "foundation of
    our future. " David Abney

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  16. The Real Jack RyanMI6

17. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Well-Known Member

Nobody should be expected to work both Saturday and Sunday every week, unless they choose to.

Tuesday-Saturday also.

18. BrownRecycler

BrownRecycler Member

No, UPS didn't write the contract.

I don't have the actual contract.

We will see what is done about drone. I think drone is a dumb move for the company. My opinion.

19. The Real Jack RyanMI6

What do i think about these protections. Ill put it this way. My grandfather was a marine, several of my friends fathers growing up were navy seals, in my 20s one of my good friends was former delta force, and two of my friends at church are retired special forces. With that kind of experience, I feel those protections should be for all. While i understand UPS is going 7 days a week then i believe we should have 2 shifts mon -fri and Wednesday - Sunday of RPCD'S. This would fix all the issues end of story

20. The Real Jack RyanMI6

All for one and one for all so to speak. Yes its corny. So sue me