The Mouth of HATE SPEECH says something even more ridiculous on the AIR!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let's see, kill a union, no more dues......more take home money......where's the downside??

That isn't how it works. Kill a union, much lower wages, far less job security, and halved pensions or no pensions at all. Since you are such a fervent believer, have your husband refuse his UPS pension and pull yourselves up by your own bootstraps. Anyone who supports the GOP and belongs to a union is an idiot to continue doing so. They are no friend of unions or the working person.

Let me know when you start refusing that evil union pension. You've got yours, now the rest of us have to fight for the scraps.

iruhnman630

Your GOP cohorts on here aren't smart enough to realize that the party they support wants to kill ALL unions so the business owners reap all of the profits.
Those profits represent successful buisiness, which in turn represents more jobs. Take away those profits and the owners will go looking for them somewhere else, and take the jobs with them.
Romney, Paul, and Santorum all favor "right to work", and are against both public and private unions.
Public unions pit one segment of the working taxpayer population against the other, demanding more money from their taxpaying neighbor, while rarely getting more results for that money.

RTW gives the worker the choice to join or not join the union, forcing the union to convince that worker that it is in his/her best interest to join, as opposed to requiring that worker to join.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That isn't how it works. Kill a union, much lower wages, far less job security, and halved pensions or no pensions at all. Since you are such a fervent believer, have your husband refuse his UPS pension and pull yourselves up by your own bootstraps. Anyone who supports the GOP and belongs to a union is an idiot to continue doing so. They are no friend of unions or the working person.

Let me know when you start refusing that evil union pension. You've got yours, now the rest of us have to fight for the scraps.
no union pension here!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Those profits represent successful buisiness, which in turn represents more jobs. Take away those profits and the owners will go looking for them somewhere else, and take the jobs with them. Public unions pit one segment of the working taxpayer population against the other, demanding more money from their taxpaying neighbor, while rarely getting more results for that money.

RTW gives the worker the choice to join or not join the union, forcing the union to convince that worker that it is in his/her best interest to join, as opposed to requiring that worker to join.

Put your money where your mouth is...renounce your union membership and take "personal responsibility". Like I said, you have no idea how good you have it at a unionized company.

iruhnman630

Put your money where your mouth is...renounce your union membership and take "personal responsibility". Like I said, you have no idea how good you have it at a unionized company.
Given the choice at this time, I would CHOOSE to stay with my union, as I see the UPS/Teamster relationship as successful, if not perfect, as the company makes money and we get treated reasonably well after all the bickering is done.

That cannot be said for many company/union relationships.

Unlike the blind union sheep who support the democrat leadership unquestioned, I see both the good and the bad effects of the unions and legislative ideology associated with them.

If you're demanding a clear cut side from me, you will be greatly disappointed.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Given the choice at this time, I would CHOOSE to stay with my union, as I see the UPS/Teamster relationship as successful, if not perfect, as the company makes money and we get treated reasonably well after all the bickering is done.

That cannot be said for many company/union relationships.

Unlike the blind union sheep who support the democrat leadership unquestioned, I see both the good and the bad effects of the unions and legislative ideology associated with them.

If you're demanding a clear cut side from me, you will be greatly disappointed.

OK, so you're ambivalent. What about the rest of you who gladly accept the higher wages, better benefits and retirement that belonging to a union provide you? Why in the world would you support Republicans and Libertarians who think that unions are fundamentally evil and need to be eliminated? The only thing that keeps you firmly in the middle class is your Teamster membership, yet you rant and rave about how we need to eliminate pubic sector unions and let the "free market" reign supreme.

Mitt, Ron, Rick and every other prominent GOP figure is sworn to be anti-union and anti-worker, yet you think they have your best interests in mind. Keep right on believing in the people who would cut your throats.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I never had a chance to decide about joining, I work in a closed shop.
You must also remember that UPS' founding father invited the union in, unlike yours who fights tooth and nail to keep the unions out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I never had a chance to decide about joining, I work in a closed shop.
You must also remember that UPS' founding father invited the union in, unlike yours who fights tooth and nail to keep the unions out.

Refuse those higher wages and good benefits, because your political leaders don't want you to have them. Lop about $8.00 per hour off your wage, halve your retirement, and add about 25% to the cost of your benefits. Only then will you be aligned with any of the GOP. Casey is no excuse. Burn your card and donate the excess wages to your political heroes. Like I said, you have no idea how good you have it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'll ask the homeless family currently sharing my residence.
They needed a place to stay and I invited them in.
My high wages help keep a roof over all our heads.
( by the way I had to take a pay cut of over $10K just to keep my job, a deal the the company & union came up with ).

island1fox

Fx,

You live in such a blind world. I did and did extremely well !!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Back to the topic at hand... RUSH limbaugh will probably give his worthless apology on air in the first 3 mins of his show, then carry on and blast away at Ms Fluke in terms that skirt the rule of decency. He hasnt changed his mind, he's only sorry for the words he used. He isnt taking back his positions, just angry that he has been forced to change his words at the request of his employers...the ADVERTISERS.

I hope this plays out the whole year for the GOP. I hope RUSH's name is dropped at every debate between the GOP and Obama.

Thank you RUSH for giving us a spring gift!

Peace

TOS

wkmac

Back to the topic at hand... RUSH limbaugh will probably give his worthless apology on air in the first 3 mins of his show, then carry on and blast away at Ms Fluke in terms that skirt the rule of decency. He hasnt changed his mind, he's only sorry for the words he used. He isnt taking back his positions, just angry that he has been forced to change his words at the request of his employers...the ADVERTISERS.

I hope this plays out the whole year for the GOP. I hope RUSH's name is dropped at every debate between the GOP and Obama.

Thank you RUSH for giving us a spring gift!

Peace

TOS

TOS,

Instead of screaming into an empty 55 gallon drum, why not go here and do something constructive to take Rush off the air. But if Rush is off the air........I'm just sayin'!

island1fox

Yes, fill us in.

To the fed x duo,

I took personal responsability for my life. Education , goals , hardwork , ethics etc.

Crying about a second rate Company that you both work for obviously does not work.

If your lifes situation is so bad -instead of envying what UPS people have --go do something about it instead of crying and complaining.
Don't look for the government in anyone else to help you --Go for it --do something instead of posting on a competitors site !!

Hello --you only have one life to live --live it !!

bbsam

Staff member
island--

That's it? That's your entire "pulled yourself up by your bootstraps" story? I was wrong. That's not intriguing. It's lame.