The New Contract And Future Pension Contributions: Are We Ok. Or Are We Robbing Peter To Pay Paul?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Part of my "wants/needs" was an increase from $.50/hr/year to $.75/hr/year.

Instead, I get $.25/hr for the first year and Jack :censored2: the next four, so what do I know?
Might warrant an independent audit in order to verify that .25 amount is adequate?

Wally

Seems non of them were the right choice as always. I just like pointing our how much people back their politicians then they turn around and do what you said they wouldn't. Yet some how you feel committed now so they continue to back then like a losing sports teams or something.

I mean we in the west are being told everything from, we are the reason 22.4s are gone and wages are the highest ever to yes we moved things around because you don't need it like they do. That's not internet gossip either. That's from trustees and national negotiation committee members.

So my question is did Sean actually stick it to UPS or did he just shuffle the money around to make it look like he did? I just get angry stares and finger pointing when I ask that. I'm sure someone would have asked at the 2 man committee but apparently only 5 questions were allowed until someone jumped up and said "I MAKE A MOTION TO ACCEPT THIS HISTORIC CONTRACT!!"
It may be historic as in years to come we see our pensions underfunded.

Sure, but it would be helpful to know what that number is.
I dont care. What I know is that my pension will now increase at a stagnant rate, instead of at an increased rate.

Our pension plan is one of the best funded in the nation, it's not in jeopardy and won't be, I'm not interested in what seems "adequate" for the plan, it's inadequate for me, and it passes me off even more how shady everyone has been about it.

Wally

I dont care. What I know is that my pension will now increase at a stagnant rate, instead of at an increased rate.

Our pension plan is one of the best funded in the nation, it's not in jeopardy and won't be, I'm not interested in what seems "adequate" for the plan, it's inadequate for me, and it passes me off even more how shady everyone has been about it.
Yea but you are getting a nice raise. Keep your eyes on that shiny object!

What may be well funded now may not be well funded 5 years down the line

Wally

I'm going to keep an open mind until the contract meeting this weekend but even my business agent said they just did some money shuffling
They took more in the form of a raise at the expense of benefits.

Same reason politicians love sending rebates vs doing a tax cut. Idiot voters think they are getting free stuff.

Thebrownblob

Yep, can't wait to see Mark put on a little razzle dazzle.

Wait for the "guys were not losing money... you're still going to make money. Everything is great and don't be mad at me for not standing up and saying NO at the negotiation table."
That’s the issue with voting no, we’re sending those guys back to the table.

Yep, can't wait to see Mark put on a little razzle dazzle.

Wait for the "guys were not losing money... you're still going to make money. Everything is great and don't be mad at me for not standing up and saying NO at the negotiation table."
truc-magic.gif