The New Contract And Future Pension Contributions: Are We Ok. Or Are We Robbing Peter To Pay Paul?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yep, can't wait to see Mark put on a little razzle dazzle.

Wait for the "guys were not losing money... you're still going to make money. Everything is great and don't be mad at me for not standing up and saying NO at the negotiation table."
How much are we putting into our insurance per week? The pro contract guys are saying the West will receive $13-$14 per week to go into the pension.
Screenshot_20230804_140203_Facebook.jpg

DOK

Seems non of them were the right choice as always. I just like pointing our how much people back their politicians then they turn around and do what you said they wouldn't. Yet some how you feel committed now so they continue to back then like a losing sports teams or something.

I mean we in the west are being told everything from, we are the reason 22.4s are gone and wages are the highest ever to yes we moved things around because you don't need it like they do. That's not internet gossip either. That's from trustees and national negotiation committee members.

So my question is did Sean actually stick it to UPS or did he just shuffle the money around to make it look like he did? I just get angry stares and finger pointing when I ask that. I'm sure someone would have asked at the 2 man committee but apparently only 5 questions were allowed until someone jumped up and said "I MAKE A MOTION TO ACCEPT THIS HISTORIC CONTRACT!!"
It appears he shuffled money around

That 8 percent increase is spread over 5 years..

1.6 percent annually…
BINGO. That seems to be the pattern . . . the Teamsters give us some magic figure and people get starts in their eyes and vote YES. Then, a few years later, they suddenly discover that it was all an illusion.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That's for the part timers. Most won't ever collect anyway.

That Part time pension increase (65 dollars per service year) in Article 34 (Master) only applies to those who are hired after 2022, read it carefully.

$ 65 X 35 = 2275…

A lot of our senior part timers will see practically (no increases) when they retire under this TA.

That claim about it rising 8 percent spread out over 5 years is a falsehood.

Another issue is for our full timers under the IBT/UPS Pension Plan that had vested credits with their part time service. (No improvements)..back in “97” the Company was offering 50 dollars for every part time year. That in itself shows that those past part time vested years could be improved with this TA.

That often quoted 1000 increase will only apply to those who reach that service level of 35 years full-time at the age of 55 or over. Considering most of those full timers already have 8 to 15 years before they went full time and I am not sure whether those previous part times years are included in order to reach that 55 age formula.

The other formula listed for those past 60 went up from 175 to 185 per service year…over the next five years.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That Part time pension increase (65 dollars per service year) in Article 34 (Master) only applies to those who are hired after 2022, read it carefully.

$ 65 X 35 = 2275…

A lot of our senior part timers will see practically (no increases) when they retire under this TA.

That claim about it rising 8 percent spread out over 5 years is a falsehood.

Another issue is for our full timers under the IBT/UPS Pension Plan that had vested credits with their part time service. (No improvements)..back in “97” the Company was offering 50 dollars for every part time year. That in itself shows that those past part time vested years could be improved with this TA.

That often quoted 1000 increase will only apply to those who reach that service level of 35 years full-time at the age of 55 or over. Considering most of those full timers already have 8 to 15 years before they went full time and I am not sure whether those previous part times years are included in order to reach that 55 age formula.

The other formula listed for those past 60 went up from 175 to 185 per service year…over the next five years.
I'm amazed how the "best contract ever crowd" seems to all be on board? My feeling they want the increased dues that come with a big raise. Either that, or they just see the cute white rabbit?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I'm amazed how the "best contract ever crowd" seems to all be on board? My feeling they want the increased dues that come with a big raise. Either that, or they just see the cute white rabbit?

We all have to admit it is a lot (Better) than the last "(Best Contract Ever) one in 2018...."

A lot of that is due to the COVID pandemic, the company had to raise the starting rates in order to compensate for our harsh working conditions with today's young hires and inflation with the seniority members.

Just look at those part timers pension benefits under the Central, proof enough where their priorities are...get the (least) Best Contract out there, sweeten the pot with those bookend raises and wait till our members starting whining about their (late) Retro checks in order to pass the supplements and riders.

Expect this Contract will go like the last one, maybe the Master will squeak through on the first vote..But "all those supplements and riders"...ain't no way....

Anyway business as usual....:hamwheelsmilf: