The New Contract And Future Pension Contributions: Are We Ok. Or Are We Robbing Peter To Pay Paul?

oie_animation.gif
In our webinar last night...

"The number one concern was for raises..."

Not sure who ever said, "I'd like a raise, and I'll take it at the expense if my pension..." but it wasn't anyone I know...

542thruNthru

Well...the good news is we understood the language clearly...the bad news is that he confirmed we understood the language clearly.
Yep, the west has to give up something so that everyone else can come up. So remember the next time you travel outside the west and see a UPSer. Make sure to tell them "you're welcome." Lord knows they wouldn't survive without us. :)

Yep, the west has to give up something so that everyone else can come up. So remember the next time you travel outside the west and see a UPSer. Make sure to tell them "you're welcome." Lord knows they wouldn't survive without us. :)
Actually it's all over, from what I understand. Literally every hourly contribution has been slashed across the country to make up for the raises and the New England pension. Pretty :censored2:ing lame.

Contribution *increases* have been slashed.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Actually it's all over, from what I understand. Literally every hourly contribution has been slashed across the country to make up for the raises and the New England pension. Pretty :censored2:ing lame.
No contributions for any pension plans have been reduced at all, that's just not true.

Some are not getting additional contributions, but none are being "slashed" as you put it.

No contributions for any pension plans have been reduced at all, that's just not true.
Contribution increases*

Which I've been careful to define in each post, you caught my mistake. Disclaimer- I might make another one at some point. Please be sure to be there to point it out.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Anyone in the green didn't get the $.50. Any plan like new England that is failing had to continue to get the $1 because of the rules of the bail out. But I doubt they would have taken their $.50 even if they could.

Up In Smoke

Contribution *increases* have been slashed.
Our contributions were reduced by 50%. Multipayer pensions in the green were affected the most. Our E-board is pushing way too hard for a yes vote. Something is rotten.

Not if benefit benefits aren't increased.

Same money in, same money out.
The same money today isn't worth the same money tomorrow or the next decade

Look I have nothing but respect for you
But with no pension contribution increases I really can't endorse that

What's up being said if I got an extra 10 or 20 dollars a month increase on my pension payout is going to change the day I retire
But we are selling out the future of our younger members

Just my two cents worth

Some are not getting additional contributions, but none are being "slashed" as you put it.
Since you added to your post, I'll add as well.

Only funds that require increases are getting them, as defined by their "bailout" terms. The rest of the money is going to "historic" raises and another holiday.

Here's the thing, to keep that $.50 increase to all other FT pensions would've cost around $400M. When you brag and pound your chest over a $30B deal, you look like a real dick when you reduce pensions in the process. I understand, there is no "direct" reduction, but when you reduce the rate of growth (via inflation or otherwise), it's a reduction in pension.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The same money today isn't worth the same money tomorrow or the next decade

Look I have nothing but respect for you
But with no pension contribution increases I really can't endorse that

What's up being said if I got an extra 10 or 20 dollars a month increase on my pension payout is going to change the day I retire
But we are selling out the future of our younger members

Just my two cents worth
I'm not asking you to endorse anything, instead only challenging the notion that no increase in contributions is in reality a reduction.

...because it isnt, it's cost neutral.

In the end I feel sorry (not really) for those who are depending on their pension to maintain their standard of living in retirement and believe the Company has any further responsibility for pension levels after they separate.

I'm not asking you to endorse anything, instead only challenging the notion that no increase in contributions is in reality a reduction.

...because it isnt, it's cost neutral.

In the end I feel sorry (not really) for those who are depending on their pension to maintain their standard of living in retirement and believe the Company has any further responsibility for pension levels after they separate.
So they couldn't kick in a couple nickels every year .

The new employees are in for a rude awakening