The New Contract And Future Pension Contributions: Are We Ok. Or Are We Robbing Peter To Pay Paul?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So now you're saying it's "fixed."

My God.
1693097417783.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I dont care. What I know is that my pension will now increase at a stagnant rate, instead of at an increased rate.

Our pension plan is one of the best funded in the nation, it's not in jeopardy and won't be, I'm not interested in what seems "adequate" for the plan, it's inadequate for me, and it passes me off even more how shady everyone has been about it.

Starting to look like SOB no better than the last bunch that was in charge

Coldworld

60 months and counting
2080 X $14 per hour = 29,120 a year, divided by 52 weeks = $ 560 a week going into the Western's pension plan per full time member. I believe that their part timers under peer 80 would be half of that ($ 280)/ 16,000 a year. Remember that both their part time years and full time years are combined when you retire, so unlike most of the rest of us...:felloforit1:

That will continue and improve till 2028.... :thumbsup:

That .50 per hour (40 hour week) health and welfare/pension increase from I seen will be divided up between both plans, depending on the health of both plans. I expect that most of those increases will go into the Health and Welfare plans (per Article 34 (Master).

There are so many other pension plans and formulas that really needed improvements that didn't happen with this TA..those members in the West should not complain and they know it. I expect at the end of 2028 their pay out will be close to 400 dollars a service year even without outstanding returns with your pension plan investments or new participants.

For example with a $ 400 service year formula their 30 year pension at any age would pay out with 5 years part time and 25 years full time approximately: 5 x 200 (part time) = 1,000....25 X 400 (full time) = 10,000 ... grand total 11,000 a month...now compare those totals for the IBT/UPS Pension Plan....:taz:

Even if there are no significant improvements in the Western, speculating that the totals right now are at $ 300 a service year...5 X 150 (part time) = 750.....25 X 300 (full time) = 7,500 ....8,250.

These estimates have to be close, if not please correct me...
Part timers can actually get pension contributions up to 2080 also…you work on a Saturday or double shift all that goes in the pot too…good deal.

Starting to look like SOB no better than the last bunch that was in charge
It's clearly a better contract and I don't think anyone can honestly say otherwise. It's just a bad look when you pound your chest and bang the drum of "$30B" when you can't keep improving everyone's pension contributions, especially when they managed to do it with a $13B contract in 2018. No forward-thinking career man ever wanted a raise at the expense of his pension.

It's clearly a better contract and I don't think anyone can honestly say otherwise. It's just a bad look when you pound your chest and bang the drum of "$30B" when you can't keep improving everyone's pension contributions, especially when they managed to do it with a $13B contract in 2018. No forward-thinking career man ever wanted a raise at the expense of his pension.
Welcome to Snowflake generation