The New Contract And Future Pension Contributions: Are We Ok. Or Are We Robbing Peter To Pay Paul?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How is the west supposedly so far ahead of the other plans?
Personally I think it’s just more of a diverse plan in regards to the types of companies involved. Central states historically has been trucking companies, even though there are other types of companies in their plan.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
1693744797905.png

Trucker Clock

Not to mention the union put together the WCT projections "as is" to add to the propaganda machine.

What's funny to me is that we are only one of a dozen funds that got :censored2:ed, and it seems to have just gone under the radar.

How did you get :censored2:ed?

Based on the current contribution rate, the WCT predicts an increase of $300/mo yearly increase in your pension. This will be a $1500/mo increase over the 5 year contract. Who the hell else is getting an increase like that?

I'll tell you. NOBODY.

Thebrownblob

Guys that cannot as of yet see retirement in their future, voted yes. All they saw was dollar signs. Some day they may regret it.
Some of them maybe but by far the vast majority of members in the central, who will retire in the next five years were an automatic yes vote. They didn’t even care about the rest of the contract. As of now I have over 300 pkg car drivers in my building almost 30 plan on retiring in January now. And I’m sure in the next five years it will be many more.

Wally

How is the west supposedly so far ahead of the other plans?
And why does that matter as far as contributions go. It is not one national plan. Every pension fund should receive equal funding as negotiated, whatever that pie size is, every pension fund gets an equally sized slice.

How did you get :censored2:ed?

Based on the current contribution rate, the WCT predicts an increase of $300/mo yearly increase in your pension. This will be a $1500/mo increase over the 5 year contract. Who the hell else is getting an increase like that?

I'll tell you. NOBODY.
How much did hourly contributions go up in any fund other than NE this contract?
(Yes, I understand the legalities of the NE fund contributions.)

Wally

Some of them maybe but by far the vast majority of members in the central, who will retire in the next five years were an automatic yes vote. They didn’t even care about the rest of the contract. As of now I have over 300 pkg car drivers in my building almost 30 plan on retiring in January now. And I’m sure in the next five years it will be many more.
Sure, Sean made them a fantastic offer using the money of others. Great for them, raw deal for those paying in other locals.

Thebrownblob

Sure, Sean made them a fantastic offer using the money of others. Great for them, raw deal for those paying in other locals.
Lol it’s funny you think Sean even understand how that works. This was done by the pension funds themselves, I’m not debating the right or wrongness. Seems there’s a plan I don’t know what that is.

Lol it’s funny you think Sean even understand how that works. This was done by the pension funds themselves, I’m not debating the right or wrongness. Seems there’s a plan I don’t know what that is.
You're entirely incorrect. It was put out there that if your pension fund can stay in the green, you will not get contribution increases, that money will go to raises. It wasn't a conversation, it wasn't open for debate.

Thebrownblob

You're entirely incorrect. It was put out there that if your pension fund can stay in the green, you will not get contribution increases, that money will go to raises. It wasn't a conversation, it wasn't open for debate.
And the West apparently loved it🤷‍♂️ The continued bellyaching gets old. I fully expected the west to shoot it down in flames, it wasn’t even close. Doesn’t matter to me either way I won’t benefit from current pension “windfall” because I will not qualify.

And the West apparently loved it🤷‍♂️ The continued bellyaching gets old. I fully expected the west to shoot it down in flames, it wasn’t even close. Doesn’t matter to me either way I won’t benefit from current pension “windfall” because I will not qualify.
People can be convinced of anything. Show them a slide about how their pension will still grow and "everything is okay, look at your huge raise!" and it's easy to get the vote you want. Giving these raises decided the contract regardless of any other wins or concessions.

Thebrownblob

People can be convinced of anything. Show them a slide about how their pension will still grow and "everything is okay, look at your huge raise!" and it's easy to get the vote you want. Giving these raises decided the contract regardless of any other wins or concessions.
And what can you do about that? Remember we are the ones that wanted all these people to vote that usually do not. It stands to reason if they were not very well informed before they weren’t going to be this time either even if they miraculously decided to vote. Most people vote based on what they’re going to receive now. Very few look forward. Especially partimers.

And what can you do about that? Remember we are the ones that wanted all these people to vote that usually do not. It stands to reason if they were not very well informed before they weren’t going to be this time either even if they miraculously decided to vote. Most people vote based on what they’re going to receive now. Very few look forward. Especially partimers.
Absolutely, doesn't make it suck any less for the ones who pay attention, and Sean knew this. I voted to pass all three of mine, it's a great deal, overall. Doesn't change how bad it looks when you increase the demand from UPS by 130% to $30B and can't support the increases the boys managed to maintain with $13B deal.

Thebrownblob

Absolutely, doesn't make it suck any less for the ones who pay attention, and Sean knew this. I voted to pass all three of mine, it's a great deal, overall. Doesn't change how bad it looks when you increase the demand from UPS by 130% to $30B and can't support the increases the boys managed to maintain with $13B deal.
But that’s my point only a handful of us even understand or know what’s happening. Even last week I had people who said they voted who have no idea what’s in this new contract. Even though there was numerous meetings, endless web updates, and webinars.ect ect. I’m just burnt out on both side, and nothing can be done for another five years. and speaking of finances, the amount of money spent on this one contract campaign has to be astronomical. Over the coming years, we will see if the international can handle the finances. The international influenced by TDU does not have a good track record with finances.

But that’s my point only a handful of us even understand or know what’s happening. Even last week I had people who said they voted who have no idea what’s in this new contract. Even though there was numerous meetings, endless web updates, and webinars.ect ect. I’m just burnt out on both side, and nothing can be done for another five years. and speaking of finances, the amount of money spent on this one contract campaign has to be astronomical. Over the coming years, we will see if the international can handle the finances. The international influenced by TDU does not have a good track record with finances.
They "invested" in a campaign to get raises. Their return is making a fortune on new dues rates.