The New Contract And Future Pension Contributions: Are We Ok. Or Are We Robbing Peter To Pay Paul?

But that’s my point only a handful of us even understand or know what’s happening. Even last week I had people who said they voted who have no idea what’s in this new contract. Even though there was numerous meetings, endless web updates, and webinars.ect ect. I’m just burnt out on both side, and nothing can be done for another five years. and speaking of finances, the amount of money spent on this one contract campaign has to be astronomical. Over the coming years, we will see if the international can handle the finances. The international influenced by TDU does not have a good track record with finances.
But how much of the Union spend on the last contract?
I bet you I got at least 15 to 20 flyers sent to me in the 2018 contract saying this is the best contract ever.

How much do that cost?

Thebrownblob

But how much of the Union spend on the last contract?
I bet you I got at least 15 to 20 flyers sent to me in the 2018 contract saying this is the best contract ever.

How much do that cost?
A lot. But I’m talking about the paraphernalia that was sent to every local for practice strike and now the useless strike signs that we have a mountain of. Our local bought 1000 signs for a contract that was local not too long ago and that was close to $10,000. We have a couple thousand strike signs just at our local now. Multiply that throughout the country. Although I do really appreciate my rape whistle t-shirt, and lanyard..

Thebrownblob

I doubt they'll need to. You have every dues-paying member getting between $2.75 and $5.50 an hour raise, and from $7.50 to $10.25 overall. They just increase revenue by somewhere around $3M a month.
Funny, there was a large contingent of people on here who said we were getting screwed with Raises and that we were fools. Remember that we should’ve been getting eight and $10 this year according to some knuckleheads.

Trucker Clock

How much did hourly contributions go up in any fund other than NE this contract?
(Yes, I understand the legalities of the NE fund contributions.)

I don’t care what the contribution rate is, or isn’t. Your fund is still increasing your pension $300/mo every year for a total of &1500/mo over the 5 year contract.

So it seems your fund did not need any increase in contributions.

I was OK with you complaining at first. I mean, it may not seemed right that others got it and you didn’t. But others needed it and you didn’t. I still was OK with you voicing your opinion.

Now, your complaining is getting old. It’s done and over with. The West voted voted it in. Change it next contract if you still think a $1500/mo pension raise is not enough.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A lot. But I’m talking about the paraphernalia that was sent to every local for practice strike and now the useless strike signs that we have a mountain of. Our local bought 1000 signs for a contract that was local not too long ago and that was close to $10,000. We have a couple thousand strike signs just at our local now. Multiply that throughout the country. Although I do really appreciate my rape whistle t-shirt, and lanyard..
Just think how much will be in the strike fund next time…too bad I won’t be around to participate in the festivities.

I don’t care what the contribution rate is, or isn’t. Your fund is still increasing your pension $300/mo every year for a total of &1500/mo over the 5 year contract.

I was OK with you complaining at first. I mean, it may not seemed right that others got it and you didn’t. But others needed it and you didn’t. I still was OK with you voicing your opinion.

Now, your complaining is getting old. It’s done and over with. The West voted voted it in. Change it next contract if you still think a $1500/mo pension raise is not enough.
You think I'm bitching about my personal pension growth rate, you keep twisting everything back to the $1,500 and talking about how we have guys getting $8k. That isn't and was never the point.

IDGAF what you're fine with or okay with, you have no concept of the conversation at hand and only see what you want so you can say what you want. You've already shown your ass plenty on the subject, telling people what they deserve and don't, deciding what pensions are and aren't to be used for. You can go :censored2: yourself for all I care, your management stance of "be happy with what you have" is enough to tell me all I need to know.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Probably shouldn’t be throwing any more fuel on the fire but the last 4 years were bonus years so basically west coasters received an additional “free” year of contributions. The pension fund folks don’t know yet if we could be getting an additional bump for years 24’ and 25’. So it is possible that the $1500 per month number people are seeing in 5 years could actually be higher….
1693758757857.gif

Last edited:

Trucker Clock

You think I'm bitching about my personal pension growth rate, you keep twisting everything back to the $1,500 and talking about how we have guys getting $8k. That isn't and was never the point.

I know exactly what you’re bitching about.

You’re bitching that you did not get a pension contribution increase in the contract.

But this lack of a contribution increase did not affect your pension. So who cares?

I know exactly what you’re bitching about.

You’re bitching that you did not get a pension contribution increase in the contract.

But this lack of a contribution increase did not affect your pension. So who cares?
Again, you dont know what youre talking about. It does affect pensions, because pensions here are driven by contributions.

Trucker Clock

Again, you dont know what youre talking about. It does affect pensions, because pensions here are driven by contributions.

Oh, so you want $10K per month instead of $8K while some others are barely getting $5K. There is a word for that, but it slips my mind at the moment.

That’s right, you won’t get it. You will not have been here long enough.

And I haven't been bitching about the simplicity of not getting increases. I was pissed about the chest pounding over raises, raises that pension contribution increases were diverted to. Not just mine, more than a dozen across the country. I don't know a single career Teamster that said "I want a raise and I don't care if it's at the expense of my pension." The biggest raises are going to guys that won't be here next peak. It's bull:censored2: and it cost career Teamsters in the future, just to make a bunch of pothead gamers happy for a few minutes.

Trucker Clock

Well maybe will not affect it today but small increases over the years will increase the pension payout

Another $0.50/hr won’t due much on top of the $14/hr they are already paying.

If the fund was not healthy, it could help. Oh, that’s right, the money went to the funds that were failing. The way it should be.

Oh, so you want $10K per month instead of $8K while some others are barely getting $5K. There is a word for that, but it slips my mind at the moment.

That’s right, you won’t get it. You will not have been here long enough.
No one gets $8k. We just had a 33yr guy retire last week who gets almost $6k. You're just making :censored2: up.

Another $0.50/hr won’t due much on top of the $14/hr they are already paying.

If the fund was not healthy, it could help. Oh, that’s right, the money went to the funds that were failing. The way it should be.
No, it went to raises! No one cares that they're making NE healthy or that UPS-IBT fund got increases. Pension money went to kids in mom's basement, that's what's so :censored2:ty. You just don't pay attention because you want your $8k narrative out there. You don't care about facts, most managers don't.

Trucker Clock

And I haven't been bitching about the simplicity of not getting increases. I was pissed about the chest pounding over raises, raises that pension contribution increases were diverted to. Not just mine, more than a dozen across the country. I don't know a single career Teamster that said "I want a raise and I don't care if it's at the expense of my pension." The biggest raises are going to guys that won't be here next peak. It's bull:censored2: and it cost career Teamsters in the future, just to make a bunch of pothead gamers happy for a few minutes.

That is finally a statement that I cannot disagree with, and actually do agree with and will be standing right next to you next contract trying to fix it.

This you can complain about for the next 5 years and I won’t say a word.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Don’t tell them that the wcpt doesn’t only represent companies in the western 13 states but companies in like 30 states…we’re poaching companies that in another time would historically go with the areas teamster pension plan…keep this on the down low.