The New Green Deal and Jobs

Gone fishin

Even if you don’t believe in climate change, a move towards renewable energy is beneficial for society. If you think paying a bunch of backwater religious zealots for the goo they can pull out of the ground is better than getting energy from the sun and wind, I can’t help you.
Just discussed this , I said renewable energy is like eating healthy , it’s good for ya , but most people can’t afford it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Even if you don’t believe in climate change, a move towards renewable energy is beneficial for society. If you think paying a bunch of backwater religious zealots for the goo they can pull out of the ground is better than getting energy from the sun and wind, I can’t help you.
The rare earth minerals needed for your "renewable" energy technologies are held by the same people, in addition to the Chicoms, and savages and warlords in Africa.

If you don't recognize that these facts make your point moot, then I can't help you

Mutineer

The rare earth minerals needed for your "renewable" energy technologies are held by the same people, in addition to the Chicoms, and savages and warlords in Africa.

If you don't recognize that these facts make your point moot, then I can't help you

All of the rare earth minerals needed for The Great Leftist Utopia have been found in Jimbobwe, Colorado.

Every nasty, polluting ICE has been rendered thoroughly obsolete, and government goon-squads are poised to fine, jail, and harass every ICE owner into compliance. Antifa and BLM have cheerfully offered their assistance.

Vegan food and crickets in every pot, and an EV in every garage in every tiny home can easily become a reality.

However, Every Environmental Group in existence has filed a lawsuit to block mining in the area for every environmental reason imaginable. Ironically, many of those reasons are "pollution."

I just made that story up. But it is entirely believable. Because all of my life in California while being invaded and overrun by Leftists has sufficiently demonstrated to me that the Left is THAT insane.

bacha29

All of the rare earth minerals needed for The Great Leftist Utopia have been found in Jimbobwe, Colorado.

Every nasty, polluting ICE has been rendered thoroughly obsolete, and government goon-squads are poised to fine, jail, and harass every ICE owner into compliance. Antifa and BLM have cheerfully offered their assistance.

Vegan food and crickets in every pot, and an EV in every garage in every tiny home can easily become a reality.

However, Every Environmental Group in existence has filed a lawsuit to block mining in the area for every environmental reason imaginable. Ironically, many of those reasons are "pollution."

I just made that story up. But it is entirely believable. Because all of my life in California while being invaded and overrun by Leftists has sufficiently demonstrated to me that the Left is THAT insane.
Would someone please tell me what the transition to renewable energy is doing over here on Fedex discussions. Everyday American life is not likely be noticeably impacted by the shift to renewables until 10 years from now.

What we're discussing here is what impact unfolding events are going to have on many thousands of Fedex Express employees in the next 10 months and for many in the next 10 weeks.

vantexan

I'm just wondering if the climate change cultists are going to allow oil production to continue seeing how there are applications more suitable for big diesel engines than electric ones, and there are about 6000 products on the market that rely on petroleum to make them. Y'all seem so rabidly opposed to the goo that you don't want oil used for anything. Much like your illogical opposition to nuclear power.

Mutineer

What we're discussing here is what impact unfolding events are going to have on many thousands of Fedex Express employees in the next 10 months and for many in the next 10 weeks.

I think the general consensus is that all the current and future FedEx box-donkeys are going to get something called: "The Shaft."

I think that Fred and Raj's plans will eventually succeed; and FedEx will find a niche and become a thriving, although second-rate discount carrier.

I think that FedEx will easily find all the stooges it needs to man their belts, and drive their vans.

At the same time, ALL of FedEx's challenges and service failures will be explained away by a grinning sock-puppet in a suit and blamed on The Labor Shortage lie.

By the same means that FedEx has RLA protection, FedEx (and other companies in other industries) will grease the correct politicians in order to address The Labor Shortage lie.

What do you think bacha?

It will be fine

I'm just wondering if the climate change cultists are going to allow oil production to continue seeing how there are applications more suitable for big diesel engines than electric ones, and there are about 6000 products on the market that rely on petroleum to make them. Y'all seem so rabidly opposed to the goo that you don't want oil used for anything. Much like your illogical opposition to nuclear power.
The fact that you need to group people as your opponent is one of the many reasons I don’t debate political issues here anymore. It’s not constructive, it’s toxic and bad for your mental health. Also your arguments are terrible, fictional hyperbole. Why debate a nonsensical position like you just put out there? It’s not worth anyone’s time.

It will be fine

I think the general consensus is that all the current and future FedEx box-donkeys are going to get something called: "The Shaft."

I think that Fred and Raj's plans will eventually succeed; and FedEx will find a niche and become a thriving, although second-rate discount carrier.

I think that FedEx will easily find all the stooges it needs to man their belts, and drive their vans.

At the same time, ALL of FedEx's challenges and service failures will be explained away by a grinning sock-puppet in a suit and blamed on The Labor Shortage lie.

By the same means that FedEx has RLA protection, FedEx (and other companies in other industries) will grease the correct politicians in order to address The Labor Shortage lie.

What do you think bacha?
Boomers retiring and lower immigration has created a labor shortage. I don’t think any reasonable people dispute that.

Mutineer

Boomers retiring and lower immigration has created a labor shortage. I don’t think any reasonable people dispute that.

Oh. So all the ESL working age men that have recently (past 18 months or so) that have been wandering the streets during business hours, and crammed into all the discount hotels in every town and city near where I live in California are all just foreign tourists and vacationers?

I'm sooo glad they're not immigrants! My own eyes have been lying to me this whole time. Silly me.

Whew!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Oh. So all the ESL working age men that have recently (past 18 months or so) that have been wandering the streets during business hours, and crammed into all the discount hotels in every town and city near where I live in California are all just foreign tourists and vacationers?

I'm sooo glad they're not immigrants! My own eyes have been lying to me this whole time. Silly me.

Whew!
Who are you going to believe? The MSM or your own lying eyes?

vantexan

The fact that you need to group people as your opponent is one of the many reasons I don’t debate political issues here anymore. It’s not constructive, it’s toxic and bad for your mental health. Also your arguments are terrible, fictional hyperbole. Why debate a nonsensical position like you just put out there? It’s not worth anyone’s time.
Of course it's about my post and not your post I responded to in which you referred to oil workers as backwater religious zealots. And still begs the question...with such extreme views towards oil will it even be allowed to be produced in spite of the fact that so many essential products rely on it?

vantexan

What do you think bacha?
"The Shaft?" He's one bad mutha.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You don't "debate political issues here anymore" (liar), but you start a bunch of :censored2: with someone that's not even :censored2:ing talking to you? Mind your own God damned business and don't start anymore :censored2: with people that you find "toxic and bad". Hypocrite. Some are "Sad and Pathetic".

Mutineer

Who are you going to believe? The MSM or your own lying eyes?

I think that different people living in different parts of this country have wildly different life experiences and observations on any given subject.

I think that if people with opposing political views could walk in each other's shoes from time to time we would ALL have moments of cognitive dissonance, and dislike each other less.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
🤣

It will be fine

You don't "debate political issues here anymore" (liar), but you start a bunch of :censored2: with someone that's not even :censored2:ing talking to you? Mind your own God damned business and don't start anymore :censored2: with people that you find "toxic and bad". Hypocrite. Some are "Sad and Pathetic".
Pretty sure you’re trying to start :censored2: with me and I certainly wasn’t talking to you. Perhaps take your own advice and maybe some meds. You seem very angry with me. I have no recollection of interacting with you on this site but I guess I’m living in your head rent free.