The New Green Deal and Jobs

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Crazy people make up a large percentage of the population in California.
So what might happen is the value of existing stations might skyrocket, driving the price per gallon upwards. Also less competition means higher prices. Either way, it's exactly what they want.

yadig

The rich elites are getting rid of the poor folks. It’s putting the trashy poor folks in Texas, Tennessee, etc.. kinda smart actually.

Wally

Meanwhile, California Democrats have proposed new rules to end the production of nearly 2 million diesel trucks. Has anyone alerted the Teamsters?

It will be fine

Meanwhile, California Democrats have proposed new rules to end the production of nearly 2 million diesel trucks. Has anyone alerted the Teamsters?
My god, people read this stuff and actually believe it? How dumb does someone have to be to take an article like this seriously?

If automakers aren’t making ICE trucks they’ll make EVs. The author just throws in some random “China bad!” to pretend that isn’t the case. The doom and gloom hyperbole in this article is mind boggling. Unemployment has been at record lows for years, we’ll be ok.

Wally

My god, people read this stuff and actually believe it? How dumb does someone have to be to take an article like this seriously?

If automakers aren’t making ICE trucks they’ll make EVs. The author just throws in some random “China bad!” to pretend that isn’t the case. The doom and gloom hyperbole in this article is mind boggling. Unemployment has been at record lows for years, we’ll be ok.
The leftists' religious pursuit of "zero emissions" leads to a green holy land with no smokestacks, no power plants, no cars, no trucks, no steel mills, copper mines, pipelines, gas stoves, air conditioners, airplanes, nuclear plants, washers and dryers, pesticides, plastics, or cows and other livestock.

No jobs here, maybe overseas.

It will be fine

The leftists' religious pursuit of "zero emissions" leads to a green holy land with no smokestacks, no power plants, no cars, no trucks, no steel mills, copper mines, pipelines, gas stoves, air conditioners, airplanes, nuclear plants, washers and dryers, pesticides, plastics, or cows and other livestock.

No jobs here, maybe overseas.
If you can’t tell that article is designed to scare you with utter easily disproven nonsense, there’s no intelligent debate to be had. The sky is in fact not falling.

bacha29

Another post that belongs over on Current Events.

Mutineer

If you can’t tell that article is designed to scare you with utter easily disproven nonsense, there’s no intelligent debate to be had. The sky is in fact not falling.

I wholeheartedly agree.

When somebody informs the climate alarmists (who are the driving force behind these ideas) that "the sky is in fact not falling", maybe this article would be much more easily dismissed.

It will be fine

I wholeheartedly agree.

When somebody informs the climate alarmists (who are the driving force behind these ideas) that "the sky is in fact not falling", maybe this article would be much more easily dismissed.
Even if you don’t believe in climate change, a move towards renewable energy is beneficial for society. If you think paying a bunch of backwater religious zealots for the goo they can pull out of the ground is better than getting energy from the sun and wind, I can’t help you.

Mutineer

Even if you don’t believe in climate change, a move towards renewable energy is beneficial for society. If you think paying a bunch of backwater religious zealots for the goo they can pull out of the ground is better than getting energy from the sun and wind, I can’t help you.

I do not care if oil is produced by people who worship an Invisible Sky Daddy. And I like the idea of renewable energy.

How that is being transitioned is the problem. I believe the current course will be very disruptive.

Before you think all those really smart college people, MENSA members, and those in power wouldn't be sooo stupid to cause a disaster; may I remind you what all those same kinds of 'great minds' at FedEx are doing lately.

I think they are all high on their own supply.