The New Green Deal and Jobs

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Pretty sure you’re trying to start :censored2: with me and I certainly wasn’t talking to you. Perhaps take your own advice and maybe some meds. You seem very angry with me. I have no recollection of interacting with you on this site but I guess I’m living in your head rent free.
I am calling you on your bull:censored2:. You clearly, out of the blue inserted yourself into a conversation and denigrated the poster you bullied. Why don't you leave and squat somewhere else. see this?⬇️

BrownCafe - UPSers talking about UPS

This ain't you so, GTFOH

vantexan

I think that different people living in different parts of this country have wildly different life experiences and observations on any given subject.

I think that if people with opposing political views could walk in each other's shoes from time to time we would ALL have moments of cognitive dissonance, and dislike each other less.
The problem for many liberals is it's all theory until it becomes real. Suddenly they don't sound as generous anymore when it affects them directly.

bacha29

Boomers retiring and lower immigration has created a labor shortage. I don’t think any reasonable people dispute that.
Saw some demographics numbers today. Between the years 2010 and 2021 the number of Americans age 65 and older increased by a remarkable 38%. Some left voluntarily having reached traditional retirement age while some were pushed out the door so the employer could get somebody younger and cheaper.

Talked to the manager of the local branch of my state's job service couple of weeks ago about this matter. The manager went on to say that retired boomers could address the shortage but given the hard feelings regarding the humiliating way they were disposed of they're staying put as a matter of retribution against their former employer.

Simply another example of "what goes around comes around".

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
They created the site and this forum to be welcoming. You are ranting that those of us that work with FedEx are not welcome. It’s seems pertinent. Where are you getting lost?
You're the one not welcome. Every time you post something you negatively comment on what someone else's opinion is.
You bring a negative value. I'm sure you've heard this before.

Just STFU

Mutineer

The problem for many liberals is it's all theory until it becomes real. Suddenly they don't sound as generous anymore when it affects them directly.

I absolutely agree. Everything changes for everybody when their political narrative suddenly, inconveniently ceases to be an ideal, and becomes a real-life monster.

The two possible results will be acceptance to reality and a change in opinion. Or to turn a blind eye.

And the far Right can be equally hypocritical.

I think that can be demonstrated when the very religious WASP family discovers their "most likely to succeed" cheerleader daughter has been knocked-up by a person of the wrong color from the wrong side of the tracks.

I think the vast majority of those "pro-lifers" will seriously consider taking a clandestine, midnight trip to a state which allows them to solve that little "problem."

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I absolutely agree. Everything changes for everybody when their political narrative suddenly, inconveniently ceases to be an ideal, and becomes a real-life monster.

The two possible results will be acceptance to reality and a change in opinion. Or to turn a blind eye.

I think that can be demonstrated when the very religious WASP family discovers their "most likely to succeed" cheerleader daughter has been knocked-up by a person of the wrong color from the wrong side of the tracks.

I think the vast majority of those "pro-lifers" will seriously consider taking a clandestine, midnight trip to a state which allows them to solve that little "problem."
You’re mistaking political ideology with morality and common sense, decency and a belief in God. No one is perfect, but I’ll choose my values over the lefts any day. I know what a woman is and I damn well wouldn’t allow my child into a drag show.

vantexan

You're couching that in shades of racism. On average it's much more likely that a white guy knocked up their daughter. I personally know girls from religious, conservative families who got abortions. In my own family my aunt had an affair in her late 20's and got pregnant. She didn't have an abortion but my family kept it hushed and she continued to attend church services. People just assumed it was her husband's child.

Instead of giving in to the weaknesses of the born I think it matters more to stand up for the unborn.

Mutineer

You’re mistaking political ideology with morality and common sense, decency and a belief in God. No one is perfect, but I’ll choose my values over the lefts any day. I know what a woman is and I damn well wouldn’t allow my child into a drag show.

Only pointing out that as much as I disagree with them, the Left does NOT have a monopoly on hypocrisy and idiocy.

I think that every once in awhile everybody needs to turn around and face themselves.

vantexan

Moi?

You can cite statistics all you want. But when that "average" instead materializes in the form of an out of wedlock bi-racial child I want to be present with a big ol' bucket of popcorn.
Not saying that doesn't happen, but statistically it's much more likely to be another white who knocked her up. At least in areas with large black populations and a lot of racial animosity.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not saying that doesn't happen, but statistically it's much more likely to be another white who knocked her up. At least in areas with large black populations and a lot of racial animosity.
Can you back up those supposed statistics? From what I have seen usually the opposite is true.

vantexan

Can you back up those supposed statistics? From what I have seen usually the opposite is true.
You've observed, and I've observed. We're talking about conservative, religious white families. From that group, as I pointed out, if a girl gets pregnant and has an abortion it's much more likely to be a white boy who got her pregnant because its much more likely to be a white boyfriend. I didn't say it never happens, and there certainly is a lot more mixing today, but whites far outnumber blacks so white girls are much more likely to have white boyfriends.