The New Green Deal and Jobs

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Um, I'm making it possible for my wife to join me by getting us out of debt living here. Just because you like to slander people with different political views doesn't mean you should.
Yes, paying for two households instead of one and refusing to work will solve all your debt problems lol.

He asked why you choose to not live with your wife, it's a fair question no matter how much you cry about it.

vantexan

Yes, paying for two households instead of one and refusing to work will solve all your debt problems lol.

He asked why you choose to not live with your wife, it's a fair question no matter how much you cry about it.
I'm throwing over $700 a month at debts while saving over $400 a month on an $1840 pension. Try that in the States. And as soon as we're solvent, or she gets the house sold, she's moving here. And he didn't ask why, he ridiculed the situation and took a shot at her too. Rag all you want, I've put this info out so that those with pensions or SS can see the possibilities if their FedEx retirement looks bleak. Doesn't have to be Colombia, there are numerous options, but this is a good one.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm throwing over $700 a month at debts while saving over $400 a month on an $1840 pension. Try that in the States. And as soon as we're solvent, or she gets the house sold, she's moving here. And he didn't ask why, he ridiculed the situation and took a shot at her too. Rag all you want, I've put this info out so that those with pensions or SS can see the possibilities if their FedEx retirement looks bleak. Doesn't have to be Colombia, there are numerous options, but this is a good one.
Oh you're trying to help people, awesome! lol

So go ahead and explain how you living abroad reduces your wife's bills in the US.

BigWork13

Why does everyone get so offended how people choose to live in retirement. Moving overseas is definitely the smart choice to be able to afford what ever you want and live in nice, warm areas on a limited income. Also, if you want to still work 3 days a week to save on health insurance costs, that's ok too. You all sound like a bunch of damn fools.

vantexan

Oh you're trying to help people, awesome! lol

So go ahead and explain how you living abroad reduces your wife's bills in the US.
My wife and stepdaughter manage just fine with their jobs. But when I was there it was always let's go out while the bills piled up. Last year I proved this would work but after paying off the car and coming home we had three things happen. Leak under tub flooded our bedrooms. Repair required pulling tub but contractor convinced my wife to remodel bathroom, assuring her insurance would cover it. We were in a Residence Inn for a month which insurance did cover, but only 20% of the remodel. Still owed: $7800. And septic tank had major issue. Cost: $2700. Paid that one. Then during snowstorm tree limb fell on the Honda Accord I paid off and totaled it. Wife put insurance payoff on another Accord. Still owed: $9200 plus interest. And if the last few months have proven anything it's after monthly bills are paid what's left over is soon gone and I just sit inside watching tv in very cold weather. And please don't talk to me about working. I tried several jobs but the diabetes is doing a number on me. On the plus side I was at JC Penny's warehouse long enough for their insurance to pay that $36k emergency room bill I incurred. Now I'm enjoying much better weather, can afford medical care, am putting away a bit each month, or will be, and getting the debts paid. Life is good!

It will be fine

My wife and stepdaughter manage just fine with their jobs. But when I was there it was always let's go out while the bills piled up. Last year I proved this would work but after paying off the car and coming home we had three things happen. Leak under tub flooded our bedrooms. Repair required pulling tub but contractor convinced my wife to remodel bathroom, assuring her insurance would cover it. We were in a Residence Inn for a month which insurance did cover, but only 20% of the remodel. Still owed: $7800. And septic tank had major issue. Cost: $2700. Paid that one. Then during snowstorm tree limb fell on the Honda Accord I paid off and totaled it. Wife put insurance payoff on another Accord. Still owed: $9200 plus interest. And if the last few months have proven anything it's after monthly bills are paid what's left over is soon gone and I just sit inside watching tv in very cold weather. And please don't talk to me about working. I tried several jobs but the diabetes is doing a number on me. On the plus side I was at JC Penny's warehouse long enough for their insurance to pay that $36k emergency room bill I incurred. Now I'm enjoying much better weather, can afford medical care, am putting away a bit each month, or will be, and getting the debts paid. Life is good!
I think we have different definitions of good.

vantexan

So it's only cheaper because you can't help but waste money on "going out" when you live with your family. Ok.

I would think a better solution would be to get some self control, but you do you bro.
I'm eating very cheaply here, but if my wife knew I had money in the bank she wanted to go out to eat rather than cook. After quite a few fights over it early on I just gave in. But I told her this was coming if we're ever going to get solvent. Now she wants to sell the house and join me. You of course are looking for any angle to attack because you don't like my politics, religion, or age. So you go do you bro.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm eating very cheaply here, but if my wife knew I had money in the bank she wanted to go out to eat rather than cook. After quite a few fights over it early on I just gave in.
I'm sorry your wife wears the pants in the relationship. That would suck. Hope it works out for you friend.

vantexan

I think we have different definitions of good.
If you can show me an affordable alternative in the States where I can do as well on $1840 I'll gladly go there. And I'll tell you something about Bogota. I'm not big on big cities and only New York is bigger in the States. But I've never seen such a big city with as friendly a people. I've been in a lot of cities and people are just friendlier here. The only English speaker I've met outside of the airport was a fellow American and he loves it here too. But everyone gives me big smiles and try to be helpful. There are intangibles here that are worth a lot.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You go do you bro.
orig.gif