The New Green Deal and Jobs

vantexan

What experts do you disagree with? Doctors?
Doctors told me to manage my diabetes with ever increasing dosages of meds and insulin. From what I'm reading that only prolongs the inevitable. There's a sizeable community online who've been reversing diabetes by intermittent fasting and eating fats, proteins, and complex carbs. The Keto diet is especially popular. I started fasting in November, lost 7 pounds in 10 days, but then Thanksgiving came. Played around with it since then but got serious when I arrived here in Colombia last Wednesday. One meal a day, and just went 45 hours before eating this afternoon. My sugar was at 125 this morning, normal for first time since leaving hospital 3 months ago. I fully expect to be off insulin within weeks, and at normal body weight for first time in 30 years within months. My brother and sister both work in medical field, they've been asking about it and met with real skepticism. A Dr. Jason Fung of Toronto is at the forefront of this and I've seen enough before and after pics and success reversing diabetes to be thankful I stumbled across it. Too much money treating millions of diabetics the wrong way.

It will be fine

Doctors told me to manage my diabetes with ever increasing dosages of meds and insulin. From what I'm reading that only prolongs the inevitable. There's a sizeable community online who've been reversing diabetes by intermittent fasting and eating fats, proteins, and complex carbs. The Keto diet is especially popular. I started fasting in November, lost 7 pounds in 10 days, but then Thanksgiving came. Played around with it since then but got serious when I arrived here in Colombia last Wednesday. One meal a day, and just went 45 hours before eating this afternoon. My sugar was at 125 this morning, normal for first time since leaving hospital 3 months ago. I fully expect to be off insulin within weeks, and at normal body weight for first time in 30 years within months. My brother and sister both work in medical field, they've been asking about it and met with real skepticism. A Dr. Jason Fung of Toronto is at the forefront of this and I've seen enough before and after pics and success reversing diabetes to be thankful I stumbled across it. Too much money treating millions of diabetics the wrong way.
I’m pretty sure managing your diet is the right way to manage diabetes. The clown I was referring to was claiming not eating meat made people sick and weak which is obviously ridiculous.

It will be fine

:clap:1/3 of the country is diabetic or pre diabetic. 40% of the country is categorically obese. Doctors are glorified pill dispensers for pharma companies.
It’s doctor’s fault people don’t know how to eat healthy? It’s not rocket surgery, eat plants you prepare yourself at home. Some folks eat out every night, give themselves diabetes and have to move the third world to survive. I wouldn’t blame a doctor for those lifestyle choices.

vantexan

It’s doctor’s fault people don’t know how to eat healthy? It’s not rocket surgery, eat plants you prepare yourself at home. Some folks eat out every night, give themselves diabetes and have to move the third world to survive. I wouldn’t blame a doctor for those lifestyle choices.
I wouldn't either.

Serf

Doctors would rather put a patient on a Statin med than say: “Hey, you need to stop being so lazy, work out more, eat less crap.”

oldngray

nowhere special
9c7febe6148d.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Keto works temporarily....I have to make sure my glucose is below a certain number to get a pet/ct scan. I always do the Keto for 48 hours before and I pass every time.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Doctors would rather put a patient on a Statin med than say: “Hey, you need to stop being so lazy, work out more, eat less crap.”
Uh, they need the meds because they've refused to do those things. What's the doctor supposed to say... sorry, you did this to yourself you're screwed now?

I mean that's ok with me, cut these Medicare leeches off..... but I think doctors typically try to avoid having their patients die.

Serf

Uh, they need the meds because they've refused to do those things. What's the doctor supposed to say... sorry, you did this to yourself you're screwed now?

I mean that's ok with me, cut these Medicare leeches off..... but I think doctors typically try to avoid having their patients die.
Give me old school bedside manner. And brutal honesty. Accountability.

TNT Frosty

I’m pretty sure managing your diet is the right way to manage diabetes. The clown I was referring to was claiming not eating meat made people sick and weak which is obviously ridiculous.

Its like that newspaper years ago, where a women climb Mt.Everest to prove vegans arnt weak, got to the last camp, and died from altitude sickness.

===========================
It only makes your kids sick, when they are growing up, they need the nutrients they need to grow and develop.
----
Now if you do wish to go the full hog on being vegan with baby in tow, you still must replace/give the child the nutrients..
the NHS.uk has a list of the nutrients needed, and what you can replace it with, also have to give them vitamin supplements to replace what the other foods cant ( A , C , and D)

Stupid vegans wont even breast feed, because we are mammals, and so we are animals... and some are more animal when making said child ;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What's wrong with going back to the 1950s? That was America's zenith. Of course the left spins it with their race baiting garbage. I actually think Trump wants us to go back to the 80s, not 50s. Economically we were very strong. Again, Trump is talking about economic greatness, but the left spins it to be racially based. It's all the left can do. Trump's message makes so much sense that the only way you can fight against it is to spin irdepent and make it all about race. Democrats are masters of twisting things and making it about something it's not.

We can't go back to the 1950's, bro. Today's world is interdependent economically, and USA#1, MAGA is garbage. Your US-made car has parts from all over the world, especially if it's a foreign make made in some RTW state here. It's impossible to turn back the clock, or the interdependent state of the world economy. China and the US are completely intertwined, which is just one example. Big businesses relocated manufacturing to China so they could pay lower wages and escape environmental scrutiny. Mitt Romney (and others) specialized in showing companies how they could off-shore production and raise profits....with a huge loss in American jobs, which aren't coming back.

I'm not twisting anything nor even going down the race path. Simple facts about our world economy.

fedx

Extra Large Package
We can't go back to the 1950's, bro. Today's world is interdependent economically, and USA#1, MAGA is garbage. Your US-made car has parts from all over the world, especially if it's a foreign make made in some RTW state here. It's impossible to turn back the clock, or the interdependent state of the world economy. China and the US are completely intertwined, which is just one example. Big businesses relocated manufacturing to China so they could pay lower wages and escape environmental scrutiny. Mitt Romney (and others) specialized in showing companies how they could off-shore production and raise profits....with a huge loss in American jobs, which aren't coming back.

I'm not twisting anything nor even going down the race path. Simple facts about our world economy.
Actually we don't need globalism. The US has a large enough population and land mass that we can be self sustaining. We don't need to trade with other countries. We do because we want to, not because we have to. A country with a population of 300 million could make and sell things for its own citizens only. We can turn back the clock, it's just that we don't want to. We don't have to be interdependent, but we choose to be. They tried a light version of globalism before WWI saying European countries wouldn't go to war with each other because they were economically interdependent. Look how that turned out.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

I believe you are confusing economic prosperity (MAGA) with isolationism. Conceding market advantages to access a restricted market, especially one that prospers by stealing designs and copying them, only benefits the competition.
Tax the competition into submission, not the industries supplying American jobs.

Meat

I covered one of Trump’s public speaking events some time back for a local independent paper.

Those folk’s perception of reality is deeply rooted in an era where high paying manufacturing jobs were the norm, and they truly believe that the new NAFTA (GM announced more operations moving south before the ink was dry) and deals like Foxconn (you know manufacturing is dead when you can’t make a go of it with a multi-billion dollar subsidy) will return them to a prosperous state.

I certainly wouldn’t profess to have all the answers, but feeding those that are susceptible to demagoguery a steady diet of false hope and nostalgic nonsense isn’t doing this country a bit of good.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Actually we don't need globalism. The US has a large enough population and land mass that we can be self sustaining. We don't need to trade with other countries. We do because we want to, not because we have to. A country with a population of 300 million could make and sell things for its own citizens only. We can turn back the clock, it's just that we don't want to. We don't have to be interdependent, but we choose to be. They tried a light version of globalism before WWI saying European countries wouldn't go to war with each other because they were economically interdependent. Look how that turned out.

Only a fool would say that we don't need to trade with other countries and that we could sustain ourselves.