[THE OFFICIAL!!!] Management Bashing Forum. On Topic

Yolo

A few of our sups were sent to a struggling building during peak. So we had a few management holes. So they tricked one of the new preloaders in to being a pt belt sup. The grin on this kids face. Walking around like he was just elected sheriff. Not realizing he's stuck being a mall cop until he gets canned.

Rack em

Made the Podium
A few of our sups were sent to a struggling building during peak. So we had a few management holes. So they tricked one of the new preloaders in to being a pt belt sup. The grin on this kids face. Walking around like he was just elected sheriff. Not realizing he's stuck being a mall cop until he gets canned.
I would have filed a grievance on him his first day.

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
Me and a couple of drivers went into the diad office at line 7:30 pm; the supervisor doing helper time cards began to tell us that new supervisors will no longer get pensions...INJUSTICE! Lol, ohh noooo!

AwashBwashCwash

What exactly goes on during those mysterious conference calls?
We had a PT sup start about 6 months ago, when he first started he gave the typical "I used to be one of you so I know how it is, I'm firmly on your side" speech.
Now he is writing people up left and right, shouting at us during PCM, and seems to have an obsessive neurotic disorder over misloads even though we only have 2-3 a day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What exactly goes on during those mysterious conference calls?
We had a PT sup start about 6 months ago, when he first started he gave the typical "I used to be one of you so I know how it is, I'm firmly on your side" speech.
Now he is writing people up left and right, shouting at us during PCM, and seems to have an obsessive neurotic disorder over misloads even though we only have 2-3 a day.

it’s all fun and games until they break out the anal probe

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
We had a loader like that. I ran a heavy back-breaker industrial route back then.

350 to 450 pieces loaded per day, the loads were tight and absolutely perfect. Maybe once every 2 weeks I'd have to flip 2 packages. That was it.

This kid was the best there's ever been, always on time, quiet and hardworking. He'd been here for 2 years and one day he went to management requesting 3 days off for a family emergency.

Management said no. They wouldn't even listen.

So he quit.

It took 2 people to do his pull, load quality went in the toilet and we got out 20 minutes later after wrapping up. Which consisted of part-time supervisors urging us and a group of pre-loaders to just pile everything in back..the drivers can sort it out later.

Days

We had a loader like that. I ran a heavy back-breaker industrial route back then.

350 to 450 pieces loaded per day, the loads were tight and absolutely perfect. Maybe once every 2 weeks I'd have to flip 2 packages. That was it.

This kid was the best there's ever been, always on time, quiet and hardworking. He'd been here for 2 years and one day he went to management requesting 3 days off for a family emergency.

Management said no. They wouldn't even listen.

So he quit.

It took 2 people to do his pull, load quality went in the toilet and we got out 20 minutes later after wrapping up. Which consisted of part-time supervisors urging us and a group of pre-loaders to just pile everything in back..the drivers can't sort it out later.

It’s called ignorance. You don’t know the quality of someone’s work until you have the experience under your belt to even know what good or bad is.

Not giving one of their best workers his request or at least working working with him a little bit is comical to me. He’s better off anyway. Sounds like his loading position really sucked anyway

Seymour Packages

Management at UPS is a mix of disrespect, scumbag tactics, and an overall lack of professionalism. I can only speak to the center level. From center managers down to the on road sups and the people they trick into the "PT" sup role, I have never seen a group of more inept individuals. They lack basic communication skills and respect. The loaders and drivers make a center successful. A lot of management has forgotten that. You can crunch all the numbers you want to and dispatch the most cost effective trip ever, but it's the drivers that go out there and make it happen. I imagine not all centers are like mine. 6 years in package and I can't wait to bid into feeders. The old timers say it's like working for a different company. Waiting until I have enough seniority to make the move. Until then, one stop at a time.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Management at UPS is a mix of disrespect, scumbag tactics, and an overall lack of professionalism. I can only speak to the center level. From center managers down to the on road sups and the people they trick into the "PT" sup role, I have never seen a group of more inept individuals. They lack basic communication skills and respect. The loaders and drivers make a center successful. A lot of management has forgotten that. You can crunch all the numbers you want to and dispatch the most cost effective trip ever, but it's the drivers that go out there and make it happen. I imagine not all centers are like mine. 6 years in package and I can't wait to bid into feeders. The old timers say it's like working for a different company. Waiting until I have enough seniority to make the move. Until then, one stop at a time.
You are a gotdamn 6 year genius. I know 35 yr drivers who haven't figured it out yet. Still sprint into the office every morning to check the operation report to see if they will be "in trouble".