The post office.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I receive multiple P.O. trackable mail deliveries a week that are high dollar cash equivalents. Only had one issue with them loosing it somewhere between the origin scan and our local sort. Never had anything stolen or integrity issues with the packages. Guess our mail guy/gal is on the up and up as she’s gotta know by now what they are.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I receive multiple P.O. trackable mail deliveries a week that are high dollar cash equivalents. Only had one issue with them loosing it somewhere between the origin scan and our local sort. Never had anything stolen or integrity issues with the packages. Guess our mail guy/gal is on the up and up as she’s gotta know by now what they are.
Yeah I don't think this some huge systematic problem. Just a local issue. One that would be nice to solve before it gets really crazy.

oldupsman

Anyone know how high up to go with complaints to actually get something done?

I live in a small town and our mail service is atrocious I guess they didn't feel like working late last night so my apartment complex didn't get delivered.

But what seems to happen the most is instead of actually making a delivery attempt on a package they just drive ok by or never come by and sheet it not in.

My brother has 31 years in the USPS. And I hear the exact same crap that I hear on here and I worked with for
32 years. Not enough people, not enough equipment, same stupid management decisions from the top.
No connection at all with the people on the streets. Same silly threats to their job. And service, who cares.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I once sent a package to my niece using the post office. (UPS didn't ship intrastate in Texas then) It was shipped from Houston to Galveston. A distance of about 51 miles. It took 8 days. i could have crawled there on my hands and knees faster.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Post office tracking is awful.

I honestly think, a lot of it has to do with "what and who" you are buying from.

UPS, Fred-Ex, Post Office.... is all about the same to me. Except for price.

Sometimes you don't have a choice in who the shipper is.

Obviously I prefer UPS.... and the driver that delivers to my house, knows I will

always give him a heads up with a temporary garage door code.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Henry Hill's parents had problems like this. Are you sure Moose and Rocco aren't involved?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Anyone know how high up to go with complaints to actually get something done?

I live in a small town and our mail service is atrocious I guess they didn't feel like working late last night so my apartment complex didn't get delivered.

But what seems to happen the most is instead of actually making a delivery attempt on a package they just drive ok by or never come by and sheet it not in.
This not an official USPS site nobody can help you here..please read the sticky
Lock it down @Monkey Butt
lock-it-down-o.gif

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I ordered a pair of shoes for my grandson through Amazon. They were sent Surepost. We did our part and handed them over to the PO who, in turn, put them by my daughters front door; however, they didn’t scan them at the delivery point. Amazon refunded my money which I then used to buy the same shoes one size bigger.

...which may be an issue if I valued your opinion...they credited my account all on their own...I had nothing to do with it...

As do I.

You are delusional if you think I will change what I do based upon the opinions of strangers on a little known anonymous Internet chat forum.

I doubt you care, Dave, but UPS once delivered a $4k camera body of my son's to the repair center, and it was never scanned.

He filed a claim once the tracking information disappeared, and the day UPS approved the claim, it was returned, repaired, by FedEx.

He asked my opinion, and I told him to do whatever he felt was honest and honorable. He declined the claim.