The raises don't matter if you get no hours.

Ky0311

I've noticed ever since right after peak in my building management has been ruthlessly cutting our hours for part time. We used to average 5 a day, now we have to really waste time to even get 4, them blowing it out of the unload, then running everyone off the clock. Is this just a contract year thing for management? Or is it like this everywhere at everyone's building year round?

dudebro

This has been the plan for every part time operation I've ever been in for the 30 years I've been at UPS.

From personal experience, if you're unloading and loading trucks after 4 hours, the injury rate begins to climb and productivity drops off of a cliff - most people just can't work that intensely for more than 4 hours.

Ky0311

This has been the plan for every part time operation I've ever been in for the 30 years I've been at UPS.

From personal experience, if you're unloading and loading trucks after 4 hours, the injury rate begins to climb and productivity drops off of a cliff - most people just can't work that intensely for more than 4 hours.

I was wondering if it's like this all the time, my center used to be pretty good, then went way down hill for all of us this year. Do they let up and stop being as greedy once the contract goes through or is this all the time?

dudebro

I was wondering if it's like this all the time, my center used to be pretty good, then went way down hill for all of us this year. Do they let up and stop being as greedy once the contract goes through or is this all the time?

Been here for 7 contracts, they don't affect the goals of inside operations much unless there are new restrictions, such as when the guarantee went from 3 to 3.5 hours.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Been here for 7 contracts, they don't affect the goals of inside operations much unless there are new restrictions, such as when the guarantee went from 3 to 3.5 hours.

Yayyyyy. What an advance! Did you saw at UPSERS on My Contract Impact Statement? I bet no ones figure it out. How good UPS made it look. Sadly, its not reality. Thats based for part timers at 20 hours per week which no ones get it. Pushing it a part time gets 3 1/2 daily is 17 1/2 not 20. Those are in the thousands a year. As always UPS used their language "wages estimated" "assume" As the same on RPCD guarantee "If work is available" smh... They think we are stupid. Let prove it wrong!! Vote NO.
votenoups.jpg

dudebro

Vote your conscience but the statement that no PTer gets 20 hours is incorrect in many places across the company.

I could introduce you to roughly over a thousand PTer in the Meadowlands in New Jersey who have to fight their way out of the building to end up with less than 25 hours a week.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Vote your conscience but the statement that no PTer gets 20 hours is incorrect in many places across the company.

I could introduce you to roughly over a thousand PTer in the Meadowlands in New Jersey who have to fight their way out of the building to end up with less than 25 hours a week.
So my building alt flowing thousands to Meadowlands is creating Teamster Jobs? Hell yeah, eat it haters

Arch

My hub has a day sort operation on Sunday-Thursday. They get the most hours averaging close to 30 per week. On Sundays, it's like full time here with a lunch break in between.

dudebro

Lmao there is no job at Ups I couldn't consistently pull 10 or 12 hours doing.

You missed the nuance of my comment lmao. You can slow your work pace to a death march and work for 36 hours straight if you had to, but that wouldn't be good for anyone.

JustDeliverIt

I agree that the company made the impact statements better than the reality is going to be IMO, to help encourage a yes vote of course. But as far as PT preload in my building, I was getting 26-30 hours a week. And that is as recent as last year, things haven't changed where I am. Now that is loading, I'm sure that is one of the few positions that would get those hours.