The real impact of a warning letter in your file

feeder53

ADKtrails
Here where I am now, I can look at my file if I make an appointment, but I know there are other copies. The key is they can not be used after a certain point in time.

tieguy

Banned
TieGuy, are you management? You sound like management. If you are, get off the forum, you don't belong. Otherwise you must be too green and wet behind the ears to "GET THE BIG PICTURE." I've been with the company for 22 years in just about every Teamster position. If you seriously believe UPS is ethical and full of integrity, you are definitely managment, haven't been there long enough, or are just deaf, bumb, and blind. There are no other options. UPS is definitely full of something, and it's not ethics or integrity, FACT!!!!!!!

Did an anonymous poster just pass gas? I thought I heard something...not sure.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
There is no arbitration within the grievance proceedure. There is no language in the Nat'l. Master agreement pertaining to arbitration, nor in the supplemental (at least not in the Central). I believe this is accross the board. I actually just had a state panel hearing not too long ago of which my local's VP/BA affirmed UPS does not integrate an arbitrator in any of it's proceedings. Very, very unfortunate but true.

Funny there is that sound again. Hmmm strange very strange.

Arbitrators do attend . I attended a panel recently with one very involved in the proceedings. this is why you should join Cheryls hard work so we can rape your reputation here when you spread misinformation like this.:happy-very:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The key is they can not be used after a certain point in time.

feeder, while normally they are not factored in when it comes to progressive disipline, they do have a much longer life when it comes to the company building a case against you.

for example, when the company is trying to can you for unsafe driving, they can and will bring up your past history, and if helps their case, from your day one. that shows you have a long term problem that you refuse to deal with poperly. shows your track record at ups dealing with whatever the issue happens to be.

this in turn is geared to sway whatever panel decision into their favor on whatever they are tryiing to do.

in the case of the guy who got hit by the guy on the cycle for instance. in his case, even though the company tried to offer him a way to save face, he declined. but if the company wanted to show in his case a pattern that led to this accident, they could for instance provide a long history of moving vehicle violations, several minor fender benders every year since he started driving etc. they could go back as far as they wanted to build their case. not that they needed to in his case, but they could if the case they were working on warranted that background.

And while that information by itself is not what would lead to a bad outcome, it could be enough to take the case away from a driver.

Also, something else, when you are at a panel, if you claim you are a model employee, and have been since day one, that leaves you open to proof to the contrary. so be careful as to what can of worms you are willing to open.

addendum, the above example is just that, and example. i have no knowledge if the driver in question had any other issues ever. but for example purposes, his case was a classic.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You sound like management. If you are, get off the forum, you don't belong

pssst, hey gomer

this is called brown cafe, not your personal line where you as a coward can post from the sidelines.

get real, get registered, then post. then maybe someone will take the time to respond to your foolish rant.

d

browniehound

Brownie my point is you should not go around arbitrarely incriminating everyone and everything. I used the mafia as an example. Nothing more.

Hey Tie, it looks like you're being attacked by the masses on Browncafe for the post "The real impact of a warning letter in your file". I'm not sure its justified but I think the members like to respond to your posts because you are the most prominent management member here and we need to criticize any management person?

As for my post about what you had written about arbitrarely incrimintaing everyone, I know what your point was. I wanted to poke fun at what I see about the mafia on TV and I chose your post to do so. "It was nothing more" to use your words (it really wasn't). I find the "Sopranos" to be as humorous as it is riveting or dramatic.

I didn't mean to tick you off and was hoping you could be a little more light-hearted in the response to what I wrote?

tieguy

Banned
Hey Tie, it looks like you're being attacked by the masses on Browncafe for the post "The real impact of a warning letter in your file". I'm not sure its justified but I think the members like to respond to your posts because you are the most prominent management member here and we need to criticize any management person?

As for my post about what you had written about arbitrarely incrimintaing everyone, I know what your point was. I wanted to poke fun at what I see about the mafia on TV and I chose your post to do so. "It was nothing more" to use your words (it really wasn't). I find the "Sopranos" to be as humorous as it is riveting or dramatic.

I didn't mean to tick you off and was hoping you could be a little more light-hearted in the response to what I wrote?

Brownie not the way I intended it. Unfortunately I can only do so much with the written word. One reason I'm trying the puppy with the wagging tail out. to see if it diffuses some of the perceptions that I'm beating on everyone:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You originally wondered if you had any warning letters in your file that you did not know about. No mention of having one.

You also stated that the company only has an electronic copy of your file not an actual file.
No Tie. My statement was "I wonder how many warning letters they have put in there and I have never gotten." If you are going to quote me then you better be accurate in that quote. I had no need to say anything else.

Again Tie if you are going to quote me then be accurate. My statement was "I have requested to look at my file and the only version I get to see is the computer generated edition." I never said that they don't have my actual file. I said I don't get to see it.

As far as the rest of your post its nothing more than drivel.

hyena

Funny there is that sound again. Hmmm strange very strange.

Arbitrators do attend . I attended a panel recently with one very involved in the proceedings. this is why you should join Cheryls hard work so we can rape your reputation here when you spread misinformation like this.:happy-very:
Thats your problem tieguy you rape. I guess your a big tough guy that has to show his power. Is that what you do "rape peoples reputation". Wow that tells me you must be a great leader and a great boss. Wow what a gift to society you really are!