The Real Question

upschuck

the tl;dr is they finally got rid of a certain Corporate manager, who overstepped way too far because he thought he knew better than IE and marketing (he didn't)

what's coming now is more the way it should have been rolled out in the first place; of course it'll be a mess to re-do it, but Monday will thank us
Maybe IE should run the whole company, that would fix all ups's woes.

542thruNthru

on road supervisors pretending to be IE run this company

I have a question for you tears. We have a driver that has a very large apt complex being built. It's a little over half way done. He has about 100 stops a day in it right now. He's told by the apt office that construction will not be done for another 2 years.

His manager and OR tell him that IE will not do a time study on the route because Google earth shows it as just getting started and they also want to wait till it's completely finished.

I guess my question is why can't they just time study the route now or let the OR do it?

Hellobrown2000

He has flipped back and forth on that issue his entire life. I'm sure he has used abortions many times in his life to save his ass.
Every politician flips. None care about anything other than pandering to voters to retain their power. Rebs or Dems it doesn't matter, nor does the news, it's all opinions. The 2 you mentioned are no different.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I'd say they have more of a clue than does IE. According to you, all ills of this company come from not following or taking IE's suggestions
i mean it might be okay if any of them knew basic algebra, but they don’t.....

most of the genuinely stupid things i’ve seen come down the pipe in the last 4 years didn’t originate from IE

I have a question for you tears. We have a driver that has a very large apt complex being built. It's a little over half way done. He has about 100 stops a day in it right now. He's told by the apt office that construction will not be done for another 2 years.

His manager and OR tell him that IE will not do a time study on the route because Google earth shows it as just getting started and they also want to wait till it's completely finished.

I guess my question is why can't they just time study the route now or let the OR do it?
they can let the OR do a manual time study, the ORWM sup is just a lazy :censored2: it sounds like

So when is all this supposed to take effect? I’m in NorCal and my center rolled out Saturday ground very early, none of my management seem to know anything about this upcoming change.
by the end of june at latest

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Is this why IE is on the chopping block?
those ARE the IE on the chopping block

i said this before but there are a bunch of people in Corporate IE who aren’t actually IE and probably should have never become sups for that matter

you know the kind of guys i’m talkin about, the guys that could never do the job (hourly or sup) but are PRO at politics and conference calls

Nike

Buying UPS would be foolish.
Better to spend the money on building a few "hubs" in major population centers, NYC, LA, Houston, etc.
If you're willing to spend billions this can be done, consider renting older abandoned warehouses and such until new facilities can be built.
Start small and build up, use the post office to deliver far away deliveries if needed until you're able to deliver to those places on your own. Standardize your fleet, uniforms and try to steal the good business away from your competitors.

Oh yeah UPS has a union, which in reality for a modern business is a huge handicap, I seriously doubt anybody would buy UPS just for that alone. Also a considerable amount of our infrastructure is worn down and will have to be restored sooner than later, why buy a fixer upper when you got the money to just build your own house.

BigBrown1234

Buying UPS would be foolish.
Better to spend the money on building a few "hubs" in major population centers, NYC, LA, Houston, etc.
If you're willing to spend billions this can be done, consider renting older abandoned warehouses and such until new facilities can be built.
Start small and build up, use the post office to deliver far away deliveries if needed until you're able to deliver to those places on your own. Standardize your fleet, uniforms and try to steal the good business away from your competitors.

Oh yeah UPS has a union, which in reality for a modern business is a huge handicap, I seriously doubt anybody would buy UPS just for that alone. Also a considerable amount of our infrastructure is worn down and will have to be restored sooner than later, why buy a fixer upper when you got the money to just build your own house.

I agree.
They would just buy it then piece it out. Land, vehicles, assets, etc. Hit the auction everything is for sale.

Like when Lowe’s purchased OSH