The Real Question

Tony Q

I'm not so sure???

Amazon's net worth on the stock exchange recently appreciated in one day, the net worth of FedEx Corp.

God knows Bezos isn't afraid to take a chance.

....but you're probably right.
OMG, thats really scary. I didn't know that, but I did just see that Warren Buffet just came out today and said he made a mistake in not investing in Amazon or Google. My question is when is enough enough? We are getting back to the days of big manopolyies. The Sprint T Mobil deal is scary as well.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I'm not so sure???

Amazon's net worth on the stock exchange recently appreciated in one day, the net worth of FedEx Corp.

God knows Bezos isn't afraid to take a chance.

....but you're probably right.

Is that possible?
Oh it’s definitely possible. However, highly unlikely. I think you will see these major stores like Walmart, Target, Macy’s and Lowe’s take on Amazon by offering online orders that they don’t normally have in stock. They too will be the intermediary.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Oh it’s definitely possible. However, highly unlikely. I think you will see these major stores like Walmart, Target, Macy’s and Lowe’s take on Amazon by offering online orders that they don’t normally have in stock. They too will be the intermediary.
They already are.

Ordered something from Home Depot today that isn't in the store and is likely from a third party vendor.

Who's to say Walmart, Target, Macy's, Lowe's,....or even Home Depot won't contract their deliveries with Amazon's newly acquired infrastructure, formally known as UPS Small Package???

I would like to think this country's anti-trust laws would prohibit such a monopoly????....but I see no evidence of it.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
They already are.

Ordered something from Home Depot today that isn't in the store and is likely from a third party vendor.

Who's to say Walmart, Target, Macy's, Lowe's,....or even Home Depot won't contract their deliveries with Amazon's newly acquired infrastructure, formally known as UPS Small Package???

I would like to think this country's anti-trust laws would prohibit such a monopoly????....but I see no evidence of it.
Interesting. I hear the president mention Bezos every so often but have yet to see him make a move.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
What's the real reason for Corporate scaling back Saturday ground? @TearsInRain
the tl;dr is they finally got rid of a certain Corporate manager, who overstepped way too far because he thought he knew better than IE and marketing (he didn't)

what's coming now is more the way it should have been rolled out in the first place; of course it'll be a mess to re-do it, but Monday will thank us

the tl;dr is they finally got rid of a certain Corporate manager, who overstepped way too far because he thought he knew better than IE and marketing (he didn't)

what's coming now is more the way it should have been rolled out in the first place; of course it'll be a mess to re-do it, but Monday will thank us
Friday thanks me every week.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.

So, does this mean that my route that gets cut every Monday is coming back?

gorilla75jdw

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bi...sters-hint-at-strike-which-ups-calls.amp.html

UPS Flight Dispatchers Vote to Authorize Strike as Contract Talks Continue

Reagan fires 11,000 striking air traffic controllers Aug. 5, 1981

Looks like the company’s strategy is to let the contracts expire for several years.

The question is, what’s the unions strategy to stop this?

Are we going to have to ask a Republican president to approve our strike?

Is the union prepared for Trump to assign a Republican Arbitraor to mediate the negotiations?

Look back at the last Republican president that fired all of the Air Traffic Controllers
Big difference is the pilots union , including aviation dispatchers/control tower watch dogs are operated under "FEDERAL" laws , federal laws Trump state laws . Overall , regardless if it's a Republican House,Senate and President the circumstances have changed and,or different , including that Trump is 1st a business man ,has been the majority of his life . Just exercise common sense before jumping to conclusions please.

Heavy Package

What is UPS mail innovations? This is an internal scam - non-union work as well. I still don't really understand what Mail Innovations is or does for us...

Turdferguson

Just a turd
What is UPS mail innovations? This is an internal scam - non-union work as well. I still don't really understand what Mail Innovations is or does for us...
Mail innovations rents out empty space on UPS trailers to move packages from one city to another. A third party picks up the bags of mail innovation packages from UPS and takes them to the post office

BigBrown1234

Big difference is the pilots union , including aviation dispatchers/control tower watch dogs are operated under "FEDERAL" laws , federal laws Trump state laws . Overall , regardless if it's a Republican House,Senate and President the circumstances have changed and,or different , including that Trump is 1st a business man ,has been the majority of his life . Just exercise common sense before jumping to conclusions please.

I don’t know where you work but I work for UPS as an Air driver.
Which is governed under the Federal Department of Transportation DOT.
And we are union teamsters that are governed under the Federal National Labor Relations Board that follows the National Labor Relations Act.
That hears all legal matters pertaining to the language they cover not in state or county courts but Federal Courts.