The Royal Wedding

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Klein, when I got married, I wore my military uniform (USAF), as did my best man (who is now a co-worker) and groomsmen. Why? Unlike the royal couple, we paid for our own wedding, and this was one way to save money and still keep it special.

I watched the 10 minutes or so of coverage on NBC Nightly News last night. I thought the ceremony was befitting of a prince and princess but nothing that I would ever feel comfortable with.

It was a nice break from the bleak reality of this past week.

Nimnim

The Nim
Rumour has it Ooky is quite hot.

Either have to be hot, fat, or heavily dressed to survive up there.
d1eef220.gif

Nimnim

The Nim
OK, I don't usually laugh at kids.....BUT, I wasn't able to get the picture but look for it when viewing the royal wedding. It's when William & Kate are on the balcony after the kiss and there's some more people that come out. There's one little girl about 4 or 5 to the left of Kate . She's a little one, but she has Camilla's face. I know Camilla's grand daughter was one of the flower girls. That poor child had "that face" looked just like her grandma, poor thing.

This what you're looking for? Friend had it posted on facebook.

kiss_custom.jpg

Every single station had that wedding on last night, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, CTV, Global, CBC.

It really sucked for me !

Anyways, why do Americans take part in it ?
You don't have the queen on your money, or are even a part of the Commenwealth.

I thought you fought a war, so you you wouldn't need to put up with British Royal stuff.
Maybe it's the same thing that keeps us going to zoos.

bigbrownhen

Klein, have you ever served in the military? Anyone can wear a suit to the wedding, only a certain few can wear the military uniform. Anyone who serves is proud of it, and most will wear it to their wedding. Now as for Prince William, he holds an honorary title of Colonel of the Irish Guard. Just about everything he and the rest of the men in the royal family wore had some symbalace to tradition. That being said, I don't think I would want all the hoopla myself, but I am by no means a royal. I'm not so sure that William and Kate wanted that either, but being who he is, it was expected by the people of his country.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tooner, I agree with you, totally ! The new princess hid her normally very pretty face, behind make-up.
Even made her look older then she is.

Someone did a lousy job.
I too, was disapointed, because I figured she would be perhaps more sexy looking, or atleast cuter looking.
She is very, very hot looking otherwise, just not yesterday as much.

All those English women with hats, would have driven me nuts to sit behind anyone of them !
Silly thing is, they probably paid $5000 for a hairdo, and then hide it under a hat !

OH, disturbing were also all the military uniforms.
I just don't think marriage, love, and joy, go along well with war clothes !

You might want sexy, but this would not be acceptable inside a church. You need a certain decorum in a place like Westminster Abbey. It's a solemn occasion and not a Vegas wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pickup

Every single station had that wedding on last night, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, CTV, Global, CBC.

It really sucked for me !

Anyways, why do Americans take part in it ?
You don't have the queen on your money, or are even a part of the Commenwealth.

I thought you fought a war, so you you wouldn't need to put up with British Royal stuff.

I know, it is rather silly for one to be focusing on the events and happenings in a country other than one's own and even sillier for one to comment upon such events . Oh well, one day of Americans focusing on this and we are back to our insular ways, focusing on our own news (something you also criticized us Americans about on numerous occasions).

Anyway , one day for us Americans, you have been on this website for over one and 1/2 years focusing and commenting on our American events and happenings. What's your excuse?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Why Kate and Wills did not sign a pre-nup agreement

Senior royal sources said no legally binding document was drawn up before the wedding to safeguard his wealth or ensure she is maintained in regal style if they split.
William, 28, earns £37,170 a year as a flight lieutenant in the RAF.
But he was left £6.5million by his mother Princess Diana, which through investments is likely to have grown substantially since her death in 1997.

In addition, Prince Charles pays the costs of William’s household. Last year he spent £1.6million on personal expenses for himself, his wife and his sons.
And eight years before her death the Queen Mother reportedly placed two-thirds of her money in trusts for the benefit of her great-grandchildren. But the newly-titled Duchess of Cambridge has no income.
She quit her job at her parents’ online party supplies business in January to throw herself into planning the wedding. She had previously worked for retailer Jigsaw.

over9five

Staff member
I know I'm old fashioned, but if you think you need a pre-nup, don't get married!

Making a pre-nup is planning your divorce. If you have to plan your divorce before you marry, don't marry.