The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

rickyb

I have been skeptical of a Trump/Russia collusion from day one.
This is about Russia involvement in the election with no Trump link.
Wisconsin is just one state to be cleared of any Russian involvement.
Only one other state was even close so it doesn't affect the outcome.
yea i just thought it was wierd how msnbc was ONLY talking about that aspect everyday as if the rest of the election system was perfect.

i havent actually looked into it until recently, and everyone is saying theres no evidence.

right now i highly doubt it was enough to sway the outcome.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I have been skeptical of a Trump/Russia collusion from day one.
This is about Russia involvement in the election with no Trump link.
Wisconsin is just one state to be cleared of any Russian involvement.
Only one other state was even close so it doesn't affect the outcome.
If Russia's goal was to undermine our faith in democracy and trust in our government, and they succeeded, do you think our government would let us know? Wouldn't that be playing right into what Russia wanted all along?

I honestly hadn't heard hardly anything about hacking. It's really about their use of social Media and fake news stories and rumors to influence people. It's proven they did that, and impossibile to prove the amount of influence that might have had.

So basically, they succeeded.

oldngray

nowhere special
Russia bought facebook ads for Hillary and Black Lives Matter. Doubtful it helped Trump win.

Zuckerberg was quite willing to take their money.

rickyb

If Russia's goal was to undermine our faith in democracy and trust in our government, and they succeeded, do you think our government would let us know? Wouldn't that be playing right into what Russia wanted all along?

I honestly hadn't heard hardly anything about hacking. It's really about their use of social Media and fake news stories and rumors to influence people. It's proven they did that, and impossibile to prove the amount of influence that might have had.

america's faith in your democracy and trust in government has already been undermined.

rickyb

was it debunked? greenwald mentions something about it in this article:

"
Remember that time the Washington Post claimed that Russia had hacked the U.S. electricity grid, causing politicians to denounce Putin for trying to deny heat to Americans in winter, only to have to issue multiple retractions because none of that ever happened? Or the time that the Post had to publish a massive editor’s note after its reporters made claims about Russian infiltration of the internet and spreading of “Fake News” based on an anonymous group’s McCarthyite blacklist that counted sites like the Drudge Report and various left-wing outlets as Kremlin agents?

Or that time when Slate claimed that Trump had created a secret server with a Russian bank, all based on evidence that every other media outlet which looked at it were too embarrassed to get near? Or the time the Guardian was forced to retract its report by Ben Jacobs – which went viral – that casually asserted that WikiLeaks has a long relationship with the Kremlin? Or the time that Fortune retracted suggestions that RT had hacked into and taken over C-SPAN’s network? And then there’s the huge market that was created – led by leading Democrats – that blindly ingested every conspiratorial, unhinged claim about Russia churned out by an army of crazed conspiracists such as Louise Mensch and Claude “TrueFactsStated” Taylor?

And now we have the Russia-hacked-the-voting-systems-of-21-states to add to this trash heap. Each time the stories go viral; each time they further shape the narrative; each time those who spread them say little to nothing when it is debunked."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
was it debunked? greenwald mentions something about it in this article:

"
Remember that time the Washington Post claimed that Russia had hacked the U.S. electricity grid, causing politicians to denounce Putin for trying to deny heat to Americans in winter, only to have to issue multiple retractions because none of that ever happened? Or the time that the Post had to publish a massive editor’s note after its reporters made claims about Russian infiltration of the internet and spreading of “Fake News” based on an anonymous group’s McCarthyite blacklist that counted sites like the Drudge Report and various left-wing outlets as Kremlin agents?

Or that time when Slate claimed that Trump had created a secret server with a Russian bank, all based on evidence that every other media outlet which looked at it were too embarrassed to get near? Or the time the Guardian was forced to retract its report by Ben Jacobs – which went viral – that casually asserted that WikiLeaks has a long relationship with the Kremlin? Or the time that Fortune retracted suggestions that RT had hacked into and taken over C-SPAN’s network? And then there’s the huge market that was created – led by leading Democrats – that blindly ingested every conspiratorial, unhinged claim about Russia churned out by an army of crazed conspiracists such as Louise Mensch and Claude “TrueFactsStated” Taylor?

And now we have the Russia-hacked-the-voting-systems-of-21-states to add to this trash heap. Each time the stories go viral; each time they further shape the narrative; each time those who spread them say little to nothing when it is debunked."
You get your news from a media outlet that receives 300 million dollars a year from the Russian government. It's really no surprise you don't think Russia did anything wrong kid.

rickyb

im not really familiar with the fake news argument. i remmeber cornel west saying that supposedly fake news is the far right and far left, so all we have to do is go back to the establishment centre and all of a sudden we got real news...give me a break.

ALOT of news lies. msnbc, cnn, cbs. thats the how rich keep us under control and keep the money flowing to them.

rickyb

You get your news from a media outlet that receives 300 million dollars a year from the Russian government. It's really no surprise you don't think Russia did anything wrong kid.
thats the intercept with jeremy scahill, naomi klein, jeremy scahill, and a few other guys who i recognize. no affiliation with the ruskies.

but keep letting that hate flow through you. ;)

i would only trust RT on this issue depending on the journalist who was covering it.