The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

newfie

I don't like Kushner. He is a liberal and only got the job by marrying the bosses daughter. Still there is no evidence of any crime committed. Had no impact on the election either since it happened afterwards.

I think the bigger question here once you move past the bull:censored2: drama is why Kushner with little to no state to state experience was entrusted to essentially be the secretary of state prior to one being nominated. Seems like he was way out of his league.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think the bigger question here once you move past the bull:censored2: drama is why Kushner with little to no state to state experience was entrusted to essentially be the secretary of state prior to one being nominated. Seems like he was way out of his league.

I would be quite happy to see him gone. Only positive point I could think of is he is unlikely to be the source of leaks.

newfie

I would be quite happy to see him gone. Only positive point I could think of is he is unlikely to be the source of leaks.

I would possibly expand it to trumps entire inner circle. Its a strange cast of characters. Trumps not a politician and his inner circle makes for a strange mix. it is likely the weakest part of what is otherwise a very strong supporting cast with Mcmasters and Tillerson leading the way.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't like Kushner. He is a liberal and only got the job by marrying the bosses daughter. Still there is no evidence of any crime committed. Had no impact on the election either since it happened afterwards.
He was attempting to open dialog with the Russians outside of the ability of the federal government to monitor and without their consent. Considering the access he has, it is absolutely the right of the government to monitor those communications. No crime? Most republican officials would disagree. This makes Assange and Wikileaks look like third graders.

oldngray

nowhere special
I would possibly expand it to trumps entire inner circle. Its a strange cast of characters. Trumps not a politician and his inner circle makes for a strange mix. it is likely the weakest part of what is otherwise a very strong supporting cast with Mcmasters and Tillerson leading the way.
Sessions was his best pick but drove liberals crazy.

oldngray

nowhere special
He was attempting to open dialog with the Russians outside of the ability of the federal government to monitor and without their consent. Considering the access he has, it is absolutely the right of the government to monitor those communications. No crime? Most republican officials would disagree. This makes Assange and Wikileaks look like third graders.

Every administration (including Obama) has done it.

It will be fine

You left out the key point of him lying about the contacts on his security clearance forms. If not for nepotism he'd be gone and probably charged already.

newfie

lot of liberal hysteria with this issue as they hope they can somehow twist what is normal transition activity into something sordid. when this fishing expedition is complete its very possible the only thing that comes of it is proof the Obama administration abused the fisa rights.

bbsam

Staff member
lot of liberal hysteria with this issue as they hope they can somehow twist what is normal transition activity into something sordid. when this fishing expedition is complete its very possible the only thing that comes of it is proof the Obama administration abused the fisa rights.
Wake up. You're dreaming.

newfie

Wake up. You're dreaming.

seriously. You had Hillary breaking every law in the book and you think Kushner is going to get burned for setting up communications with other countries while working on the transition team? Doing his job ? I think you need to step back from the partisan table and look at this objectively