The scary part of this mess

I'm a young virile man. I feel like I'm made of steel. Delusional? Maybe. But to be honest I'm not that concerned about health insurance. If it's there then great but it's not something I'm really gonna use.
The health insurance thing is kind of ironic in that UPS ends up attracting a lot of older, slower, weaker workers who want the insurance while all the able-bodied young guys go out the door and move on to bigger better things. We're the guys who get the actual work done but the company doesn't do much to retain us. A better wage would definitely help the turn-over problem.
I work 70 hours a week between all my jobs. I have a full-time day job, I come in to do sort at night, and then I've got some stuff on the weekends. Most of the other part-timers are working similar hours. The drivers sound like babies to us when they whine. Some days I wonder why I even bother with UPS. $160 a week, it's honestly not worth even coming in.
You could always go out driving.
Just saying....

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm a young virile man. I feel like I'm made of steel. Delusional? Maybe. But to be honest I'm not that concerned about health insurance. If it's there then great but it's not something I'm really gonna use.
The health insurance thing is kind of ironic in that UPS ends up attracting a lot of older, slower, weaker workers who want the insurance while all the able-bodied young guys go out the door and move on to bigger better things. We're the guys who get the actual work done but the company doesn't do much to retain us. A better wage would definitely help the turn-over problem.
I work 70 hours a week between all my jobs. I have a full-time day job, I come in to do sort at night, and then I've got some stuff on the weekends. Most of the other part-timers are working similar hours. The drivers sound like babies to us when they whine. Some days I wonder why I even bother with UPS. $160 a week, it's honestly not worth even coming in.
I like you but your response is stupid, the end

LagunaBrown

All the good jobs go to the seniority Teamsters that put the time in and earned it. It’s a career where your commitment is rewarded in due time. You will get exactly the opposite somewhere else. Other companies will entice you with more money up front but no healthcare and retirement guarantees. Good LucK on your choice.

Mooseknuckle

Ya well I make $10....."brotha"
From where I'm standing your whole job is premium
On Monday by lunch you'll have made what I make in a whole week
Cry me a :censored2:in river
And now you will never be where he is. Before you had an opportunity to. The reason full-timers were so opposed to this is because we see better how it will be abused, not because we want to cheat you.