TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Cool.

That's what we will put on the grievance, for management working.

Nice chunk of change.
grieve me right back into my office please

I bet it was.
You're not taking an in-town, heavy industrial route that was shovel loaded with Orion's first stop buried under a bulk stop.

Funny how that works...
why would you follow ORION on a business route, there's no miles to gain whatsoever

also you never put the help on business routes off the bat, they don't know all the docks, business names, park positions, etc. it would be a waste

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
my name is dave, i work in a small building in upstate NY

everyone thinks i'm a driver, but i've actually been a sup since the late 80's, secretly depriving one Teamster of their job for decades

I'm familiar with your name and location.

When I show up, with your Local officials in tow....

You requested me to stop at a particular place for some doughnuts.

Can't remember the name ?

tommygroo

320 stops Doesn’t look too bad for already driving to my first stop and being a seasonal loader

Attachments

• 206345BF-97A9-4DB9-9E30-10B17376FDDB.jpeg
    206345BF-97A9-4DB9-9E30-10B17376FDDB.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 259

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
except for getting new drivers trained, the rest of that is mostly the fault of your IE package planner IMO, even if the DM was weak they could have still arranged most of that

a weak DM + a weak IE planner is a literal catastrophe

are you in Houston btw? that place was a :censored2:ing mess

I thought all hiring had to come from corporate? Every time we have feeder bids posted the bosses in my building are surprised. I'm not in the biggest building around but our DM has an office here and is in at least 1-2 weeks a month.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
except for getting new drivers trained, the rest of that is mostly the fault of your IE package planner IMO, even if the DM was weak they could have still arranged most of that

a weak DM + a weak IE planner is a literal catastrophe

are you in Houston btw? that place was a :censored2:ing mess

Our DM got sent to us in Forest Park as an OM first, screwed that up and became DM. I had 235 stops today and was missing 92 packages. The Rescue Team increased from 100 to 200 people today.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I thought all hiring had to come from corporate? Every time we have feeder bids posted the bosses in my building are surprised. I'm not in the biggest building around but our DM has an office here and is in at least 1-2 weeks a month.
corporate has nothing to do with staffing, at least directly

it's all decided at the district level for drivers (put together by the division IE's) or at the building level for insiders (blank check in that one)

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Tuesday's dispatch was 275 stops and 500 pieces...on a country route. 150 miles a day
1 hr late leaving and capped at 12.5
Got another 20 pieces of air at 415 10 of which where in areas that I had already been. Did not go back.
2 drivers came to help and I still rolled 25 stops.
Probably the single worst peak day I have had in my career

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Tuesday's dispatch was 275 stops and 500 pieces...on a country route. 150 miles a day
1 hr late leaving and capped at 12.5
Got another 20 pieces of air at 415 10 of which where in areas that I had already been. Did not go back.
2 drivers came to help and I still rolled 25 stops.
Probably the single worst peak day I have had in my career
Chalk this up to a poorly managed company... nothing less , nothing more....