The things customers say or do...

upsmanclt

Just curious as to what other's favorite pet peeve might be when dealing with customers. Don't get me wrong I care about the customer, as much as UPS let's me these days, but they do and say some of the darnedest things. My recent favorite is...

After DR'ing package, I'm walking back to the truck or even in the truck getting ready to pull away and a customer will shout, with package in hand, "Do I have to sign for this?"

My favorite thing is when you pull up right in front oh the house and the customer is at the door. You beep your horn and wave to them....then you go into the back of the truck to get the package...they close there door and go back inside...then when you knock on the door they act like its a big suprise that you have a package for them!!!!

Re-Raise

I hate when they open the door, apparently oblivious to their stupid dog barking and growling at their feet.

UPSGUY72

I like it when you leave a package ring the bell and walk back to the car you turn around see the customer open the door look around and go back inside without picking up there package.

BrownArmy

Customer opens the door as I'm walking up,

"Is that package for me?"

No, I just walked up your super long driveway to give you a package for someone else.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I have one that every single time I go to her house she ask me if that is for her address, says her whole address town and all. I mean really it is now just funny I think she must have OCD or something. She is very nice to me, just cracks me up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I love the customers who feel it necessary to include the desired delivery location as part of the address. While it may be helpful to a cover driver it is annoying to the regular driver, especially if the customer is a regular.

i like when a cstomers says Hey UPS guy,,,,,,,,,, you have been doing this route for a long time, did you ever consider taking on a management position? Then they look at you like some kind of a crazy person when you say HELL NO!!!

Hroller

Customer: "...a package? What is it?"

Me: "I have been so busy today I haven't had any time to open it and find out....you're on your own"

Hroller

I walk up to the front door, set the package on the front porch, ring the bell, then climb into my truck.

Customer comes to the door, yells out to me...."where is it?"

Me: "look down at your feet"

Hroller

Delivering a package to a customer who the day before the fill-in driver couldn't find his house. (no posted address)

Customer says: " they called and said they couldn't find it....UPS has been delivering here for 40 years!"

Me: "that driver that has been delivering here for 40 years just retired, the new driver is having a hard time getting to know the route"

trickpony1

When people don't have the COD money and ask, "....can I pick this up at the Post Office?".

I say, "sure and take this with you" (as I hand them a delivery notice).

I was in my PC and rolling before they figured it out.

gingerkat

I got this one a lot "wow, they let women work for UPS?" I'm playful and would say with a huge smile & a wink "yeah, and we can vote too".