The thousand dollar turkey is gone.

NJ12hrday

Just heard no turkey this year. We get a $15 turkey giftcard or something. I used to donate mine. So I guess Scrooge, I mean UPS doesn't care about the food pantries either. Oh, before I forget, nice calender.:dissapointed:

drewed

Shankman
Just heard no turkey this year. We get a $15 turkey giftcard or something. I used to donate mine. So I guess Scrooge, I mean UPS doesn't care about the food pantries either. Oh, before I forget, nice calender.:dissapointed:

Actually up here we've been getting coupons for last 5 yrs or so, and every year we have a volunteer coordinator that will take the coupons if you wish and give them to the food banks

New Englander

I'd prefer the Turkey over a stupid $15 gift card.

Giving a gift cards puts a true value on what they think we are worth as a bonus. It's $15. While the Turkey probably cost them less....it did not shine $15!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I understand the $15 gift card is green as well...it matches the calendar.
We'll give you time to think over your rant.
I think the food bank would much, much rather have the $15 gift card than the turkey.
I know I would personally rather have the gift card since we eat ham.

"Ham is the meaning of Christmas." - Cartman

Big Babooba

UPSers.com says that the card is good for a turkey or turkey product. I think I'll go down to the ole packie and use mine on a bottle of Wild Turkey.

pretzel_man

I would prefer a turkey over the gift card. However, most people I spoke with like the card better. Most places I know of have a method of collecting the cards to give to charity.

BTW, if you add it up "scrooge" gave out over $6M in gift cards.

P-Man

New Englander

I understand the $15 gift card is green as well...it matches the calendar.
We'll give you time to think over your rant.
I think the food bank would much, much rather have the $15 gift card than the turkey.
I know I would personally rather have the gift card since we eat ham.

It's tough to find a $15 Turkey.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's tough to find a $15 Turkey.

Turkeys were $.79/pound this week (looked because I was curious because of the gift card) and the normal UPS turkey was 12 - 13 pounds so one should be able to get a comparable turkey for about $12 - $13 plus tax.

I understand that you don't get the same feeling from cash as from a gift but it is what it is.

upsgrunt

Actually up here we've been getting coupons for last 5 yrs or so, and every year we have a volunteer coordinator that will take the coupons if you wish and give them to the food banks

Thought you are on your 3rd year of employment at said company.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewed

Thought you are on your 3rd year of employment at said company.

Yeah dewed...UPS did not exist in Alaska before you started working there!

wyobill

I'm retired from UPS.... I'll take it if you don't want it :happy2:

upsdude

I appreciate the gift, either a frozen turkey or gift card. Seriously though, I bring home a grand a week so I don’t need the company to give me either one.

Maybe UPS should just donate $15.00 per employee to the local food bank.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz

Be thankful youre getting anything at all with the economy the way it is

Big Babooba

Truthfully I believe the gift card makes more sense. The logistics behind the annual turkey distribution had to be a PITA. Handing out the turkeys got to be a production line. Maybe the cards will change that. I always appreciated the turkey and sometimes brought it to the church so somebody who really needed it could have it. I'd come home and say, "Dear the turkey's here." only to hear that I'd have to make room in the freezer. This year, I'll give the card to my daughter, I won't have to worry about space in the the freezer and especially won't worry about the "Old Ball and Chain"....er....I mean "Dear":happy-very: