THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

Next Day Err

there are 2 lines of thought regarding supporting corrupt politicians.

you can do it in swing states only.

or you can not support them at all.

they should be protested aggressively either way.
The primary election season is effectively over. Now it’s a binary choice between an old moderate/conservative Democrat with a left wing to satisfy OR an outright authoritarian ready to implement Project 2025. It’s not a hard choice. This is what we are faced with.

vantexan

I hear you. I support him despite some of my reservations. These are differences in policy. Bad policy we can overcome. Overturning democracy itself we probably cannot.
Luckily for us Biden has given us plenty to overcome. There was nothing Trump did that remotely compares with Biden illegally letting in millions of people unvetted. I wonder how many murders and rapes our citizens will have to endure because of it? If we're concerned about democracy then why is he allowed to ignore the Constitution bringing in these people?

Next Day Err

Well, thankfully, we don’t have a pure democracy. we do things democratically for sure, but a pure democracy is just the many controlling the few. The founding followers were wise to to realize that pure democracy would stifle personal liberty. And the pursuit of happiness.
I’m not arguing for pure democracy. I’m arguing that Trump and others tried to organize a coup. It almost freakin worked. If Pence had got in that motorcade and left the Capitol grounds he wouldn’t have been able to oversee his Constitutional duty to certify the electoral votes and they would’ve been remanded back to the states. It would’ve flipped the election for Trump. They were trying to rat:censored2: the election, man. That’s what it was.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Bad policy makes low information voters angry over time.

Racists were pissed that a black man was president for 8 years. That’s what tipped the scale. See: Trump’s disgusting and racist “birther” conspiracy theory crap. He even tried to pull that stunt on Kamala Harris if memory serves.

If the USA was systematically racist as the MSM says, and wants, Obama would have never gotten in. The problem racism was on a decline so the fire had to be stoked again. Biden is dividing the USA at a point never seen before.

vantexan

Bad policy makes low information voters angry over time.

Racists were pissed that a black man was president for 8 years. That’s what tipped the scale. See: Trump’s disgusting and racist “birther” conspiracy theory crap. He even tried to pull that stunt on Kamala Harris if memory serves.
That half white president has only been exceeded by Biden in dividing us over race. When Democratic policies are failing nationwide the old race card is trotted out yet again. How about implementing some pro American policies?

Next Day Err

Luckily for us Biden has given us plenty to overcome. There was nothing Trump did that remotely compares with Biden illegally letting in millions of people unvetted. I wonder how many murders and rapes our citizens will have to endure because of it? If we're concerned about democracy then why is he allowed to ignore the Constitution bringing in these people?
We could better vet migrants with more border guards and immigration judges etc but the GOP tanked their own bill solely on Trump’s word. Ah well. Guess the problem will fester. Thanks, Republicans!

Next Day Err

That half white president has only been exceeded by Biden in dividing us over race. When Democratic policies are failing nationwide the old race card is trotted out yet again. How about implementing some pro American policies?
You conveniently aren’t addressing Trump’s racist birther conspiracy. Figures.

vantexan

I’m not arguing for pure democracy. I’m arguing that Trump and others tried to organize a coup. It almost freakin worked. If Pence had got in that motorcade and left the Capitol grounds he wouldn’t have been able to oversee his Constitutional duty to certify the electoral votes and they would’ve been remanded back to the states. It would’ve flipped the election for Trump. They were trying to rat:censored2: the election, man. That’s what it was.
A coup? It's laughable to think a bunch of mostly middle aged, unarmed men were going to take over the country. That the military would just accept their orders. This is fantasy.

Next Day Err

If the USA was systematically racist as the MSM says, and wants, Obama would have never gotten in. The problem racism was on a decline so the fire had to be stoked again. Biden is dividing the USA at a point never seen before.
You conveniently aren’t addressing my point about Trump’s racist birther conspiracy theory.

Next Day Err

A coup? It's laughable to think a bunch of mostly middle aged, unarmed men were going to take over the country. That the military would just accept their orders. This is fantasy.
Pence saved the Constitutional order. If he would’ve been whisked away it would’ve changed everything that night. We owe him a debt of gratitude.

It’s no wonder Pence doesn’t support and won’t endorse Trump. Pence is a patriot, as much as I disagree with his politics.

rickyb

The primary election season is effectively over. Now it’s a binary choice between an old moderate/conservative Democrat with a left wing to satisfy OR an outright authoritarian ready to implement Project 2025. It’s not a hard choice. This is what we are faced with.
you had better protest like hell no matter who gets into power

guys like biden lead to guys like trump.

vantexan

We could better vet migrants with more border guards and immigration judges etc but the GOP tanked their own bill solely on Trump’s word. Ah well. Guess the problem will fester. Thanks, Republicans!
You don't vet illegals at the border. Under our immigration system thorough background checks and health tests are performed in their home countries. Furthermore the illegals are given phones to contact them about court dates and released into the country. Many of whom won't ever show up for their court date because they don't have a valid reason to be here. It's absolutely disingenuous to say the border is secure while suing border states to get them to tear down barriers put up to stop the flow. The GOP didn't tank anything on just Trump's word. They tanked that bill because it really didn't do much of anything to stop the flow. Just made it easier to process them in faster. The House has H.R. 2 which the Democratic Senate won't take up because it shuts down the border. There's no dispute that the Democrats want as many as possible to get in and we all know why. Have you not wondered why there has been so many Venezuelans arrested for serious crimes lately? Maduro sent his prison population to us. No vetting, just bring them in.

Last edited:

Next Day Err

you had better protest like hell no matter who gets into power

guys like biden lead to guys like trump.
The political project we all face is to try to improve things as much as we can when we can. We can’t do that with an authoritarian figure like Donald Trump in office. We will be spending all our time concerned that he’s blowing up Article 1 the entire time.

Next Day Err

Most of whom won't ever show up for their court date because they don't have a valid reason to be here.
You sure about that?

vantexan

You conveniently aren’t addressing Trump’s racist birther conspiracy. Figures.
Trump was wrong. But there was some question as to where exactly Obama had been born and it took Obama forever to produce a birth certificate. And don't tell me why should he after y'all constantly demanded Trump's tax records. He should because being a natural born citizen is a requirement to be president. Has nothing to do with his race but questioning a black man about anything always brings out the race card.

rickyb

The political project we all face is to try to improve things as much as we can when we can. We can’t do that with an authoritarian figure like Donald Trump in office. We will be spending all our time concerned that he’s blowing up Article 1 the entire time.
you can protest dictators too but you will be more likely to face jail time or death.