THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

vantexan

We would then have to define insurrection. Would burning down buildings and attacking others in riots all over the country qualify? Would you have been fine with Trump putting the military into the streets to stop the 2020 riots? J6 was a protest that turned into a riot. An armed insurrection it was not. You guys don't seem to get that if Trump was going to usurp the election and trample the Constitution he would have ordered troops into the streets to arrest Congress and SCOTUS and set himself up as dictator. He never did and all of this for show kangaroo court proceedings is a farce.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
FjoO-HiUUAADl-I.jpg

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish
I don't troll.
I wasn't there but, the National Guard wasn't out of control, but could not control the riots. Is that what you meant?
That is not what I meant. The DPD was 92% white, the MI National Guard was 99% white, and the MSP was 100% white. There were indiscriminate killings by law enforcement. The Army was about 25% Black, and operated under different rules.

This is a good overview of the occupation of Detroit:

This is a good movie about that time, and still available on various platforms:

vantexan

That is not what I meant. The DPD was 92% white, the MI National Guard was 99% white, and the MSP was 100% white. There were indiscriminate killings by law enforcement. The Army was about 25% Black, and operated under different rules.

This is a good overview of the occupation of Detroit:

This is a good movie about that time, and still available on various platforms:

That was then. Would you have agreed with Trump putting the military into the streets in 2020? Of course you wouldn't. You'd be screaming things about Hitler and Mussolini.