The union and your life?

Above10200

Was looking for ammunition at the union meeting going tomorrow. Got great ammo to make a safety case. We will see what local 17 says about the un safe fleet we have in Silverthorne. Trying to make this a safe career for me. And will fight the fights i need to, to protect me and my family. Talk :censored2: degrade me i don't care bringing the bull :censored2: to light to help anyone else dealing with the bull:censored2: games we have to play between management and the union.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Was looking for ammunition at the union meeting going tomorrow. Got great ammo to make a safety case. We will see what local 17 says about the un safe fleet we have in Silverthorne. Trying to make this a safe career for me. And will fight the fights i need to, to protect me and my family. Talk :censored2: degrade me i don't care bringing the bull :censored2: to light to help anyone else dealing with the bull:censored2: games we have to play between management and the union.

Yawn.

Above10200

Ok for anyone who is interested! Per the local 17 board and my BA! I should have let my BA know when the co poisoning happened and the unsafe vehicle after. If there is a safety issue written up in your dvir it is your ass on the line. If you are concerned about the safety of your vehicle let management know. If they make you go out in a unsafe vehicle pull out of the center pull over let management know, call your BA. If you don't get a good responce call dot or the sheriff! PLEASE cover your ass, don't let management screw you. My union knows we have one of the worst fleets in colorado, but need us to do our job and give them more ammunition to get it fixed. We have to work with the union to help them work with us!
Flame me if you want but I am proof that the union will work for you if you work for the union!

Gear

Parts on Order
Before you call DOT and the sheriff, make sure the safety complaints are real. Example- Thinking your tires are bald when really they are 2/32nds, which is legal but look unsafe. Just because your package car doesn't ride like your personal vehicle doesn't make it unsafe. Though I agree UPS needs to get rid of the older vehicles. 2 decades is a long time for a fleet vehicle.

Something else is to consider is your mechanic. I doubt UPS is going to replace your fleet. They'll probably just blame it all on the mechanic, your union brother. So while you are protecting you and your family, you'll probably end up attacking the mechanic and his family during your crusade. Just things to consider. Good Luck.

Im assuming your mechs are IAM since it doesn't sound like your local thought of the mechs. Solidarity

Last edited:

Dr.Brownz

My dad and uncle were both drivers. Every vacation my dad took we went on epic trips and those were the best times of my childhood. I can see how it would be hard for a new driver with young kids though, esspecialy with the out of control OT most centers seem to have. Im in a small center where it is easy to manipulate the system to have a reasonable day but you guys in the big hubs/centers sound like you are being marched to the ovens

Indecisi0n

My dad and uncle were both drivers. Every vacation my dad took we went on epic trips and those were the best times of my childhood. I can see how it would be hard for a new driver with young kids though, esspecialy with the out of control OT most centers seem to have. Im in a small center where it is easy to manipulate the system to have a reasonable day but you guys in the big hubs/centers sound like you are being marched to the ovens
Some of us are.